Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

So, this is some pretty rarified air for the CCC! 3 teams in the top 10 in the east! When this Conference was announced, I had real doubts about how the ECAC-NE was ever going to be more than what it was; a big step below the NEHC. I know that I should never have had that thought.

I congratulate the schools for making a commitment to their hockey teams, and to the conference for having faith. Best of luck going forward and I hope the CCC has more than a couple of representatives at the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
      So, this is some pretty rarified air for the CCC! 3 teams in the top 10 in the east! When this Conference was announced, I had real doubts about how the ECAC-NE was ever going to be more than what it was; a big step below the NEHC. I know that I should never have had that thought.

I congratulate the schools for making a commitment to their hockey teams, and to the conference for having faith. Best of luck going forward and I hope the CCC has more than a couple of representatives at the NCAAs.
      Agree. I think the conference has proven to be much better than most thought it would be. I'm anxious to see if they will add any schools to replace Suffolk and J&W. Losing those two won't hurt but with the right replacements, if they go that way, they could be even stronger.

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrow's quarterfinals; one and done can lead to the better teams getting knocked out. Hope to see an upset or two.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
          Looking forward to tomorrow's quarterfinals; one and done can lead to the better teams getting knocked out. Hope to see an upset or two.
          Just as long as the upsets are the right ones!

Comment

These games are going to be very interesting. Also, scoreboard watching will be interesting. Suffolk/Endicott go off at 3:00; Salve/WNEU go off at 4:00; Nichols/Curry go off at 4:50 and UNE/Wentworth go off at 7:00.

I'll be at the UNE game, so we'll know what lies ahead before the end of the 1st period.

The only game that I think is a lock is the Endicott/Suffolk. I can't imagine Endicott have any trouble with them. Endicott handled them fairly easily just 2 weeks ago. Of course, there is that old adage about how hard it is to beat a team 3-times in a season, but I don't think there is much hope of that happening.

Everyone else better bring their best game, because each game could be the proverbial trap game!

Time to sit back and let the kids play!

Comment

Now that the regular season has ended, and a couple of teams will be leaving the CCC (Suffolk and J&W). I am also seeing that other schools are looking to start programs (Anna Maria College) and perhaps one or two more... maybe not... might just be my dreams...

I wonder, given the success of this very young conference, are some teams looking to upgrade (maybe?) or rekindle some rivalries, or even reduce travel costs. (My old HS English Teacher is spinning in his grave!). The 10 team conference worked pretty well, except maybe the home-and-home games, 7 OOC games, 18 Conference games and 2 exhibitions allowed the teams some flexibility.

Just wondering what folks see for next year for this conference. I don't see the top four teams getting weaker, Nichols has a good foundation, Wentworth is close to getting it together and WNEU, if administration supports the program, they could improve greatly.

Suffolk is no great loss to the Conference, J&W was improving and created some problems (at least for UNE).

It looks like Roger Williams University seems to have a very powerful club team. and Gordon College also has a club team. Just not sure of their level of commitment to hockey. I think Preze from the Norwich thread had an answer to this query last year when I presented it about RWU and Gordon. They are both members of the CCC in their other sports. Anyways, I rambled long enough!

Comment

Now that the regular season has ended, and a couple of teams will be leaving the CCC (Suffolk and J&W). I am also seeing that other schools are looking to start programs (Anna Maria College) and perhaps one or two more... maybe not... might just be my dreams...

I wonder, given the success of this very young conference, are some teams looking to upgrade (maybe?) or rekindle some rivalries, or even reduce travel costs. (My old HS English Teacher is spinning in his grave!). The 10 team conference worked pretty well, except maybe the home-and-home games, 7 OOC games, 18 Conference games and 2 exhibitions allowed the teams some flexibility.

Just wondering what folks see for next year for this conference. I don't see the top four teams getting weaker, Nichols has a good foundation, Wentworth is close to getting it together and WNEU, if administration supports the program, they could improve greatly.

Suffolk is no great loss to the Conference, J&W was improving and created some problems (at least for UNE).

It looks like Roger Williams University seems to have a very powerful club team. and Gordon College also has a club team. Just not sure of their level of commitment to hockey. I think Preze from the Norwich thread had an answer to this query last year when I presented it about RWU and Gordon. They are both members of the CCC in their other sports. Anyways, I rambled long enough!

The conference is strong enough that they could add a couple club teams that are ready to make the move up but I'd really like to see them add at least one established team. Heading to Milton to catch 4 vs. 5 which is almost always a great game.

Comment

The conference is strong enough that they could add a couple club teams that are ready to make the move up but I'd really like to see them add at least one established team. Heading to Milton to catch 4 vs. 5 which is almost always a great game.
                  Should be a good game, enjoy. I'll be at the Forum in Biddeford.

Comment

Enjoy the game...wish I could get to one today
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Did Suffolk even show up for the first period? I just tuned in and saw the score 7-0 after one!

Comment

Did Suffolk even show up for the first period? I just tuned in and saw the score 7-0 after one!
                        Some real blowouts today except for Curry - Nichols. Great game but as poorly officiated D3 game as I've seen in the last ten years and I go to at least 20 games per season! Refs let the game get away from them in the second period. Then in the third, Curry tied it at 3 with less than four minutes remaining on a goal that was knocked in from above the players head, the puck was actually knocked down and then over the Nichols goalies' shoulder. One linesman looked to the ref and said high stick but both referees called it a good goal after huddling. I think they both missed the goal altogether; one was out of position in the corner and the other was way behind the play. I have no skin in the game but was glad for Nichols when they came right back with the game winner.

Comment

Everyone but Curry held serve tonight, just as it should be based upon the way the teams played all year! UNE beat Wentworth 6-3 (ENG late). For two periods, UNE was clearly the better team, but Wentworth never really went away. Wentworth did a lot things well, except stay out of the penalty box. You cancc't give UNE's power play any extra chances, they were 4 for 6 on the PP.

The third period, Wentworth really woke up and carried the game to UNE. I still think that Wentworth could be among the top tier of the CCC with a couple more recruits.

Now, onto to the Semis next week. There is a lot of time to prepare for one opponent!

Comment

Pretty amazing that the one and two team in the East are from the CCC. And, both programs worked hard, built from within and are now reaping the rewards of the hard work. Speaking as someone who has followed UNE since the beginning, I can tell you that this is as sweet as can be.

Congratulations to all teams in the top 10, especially the 3 CCC teams. Hoping for a great weekend of hockey.

Comment

Aren't any of you CCC fans ape-s$!t about Endicott's ranking today? That was a major crock. On the basis of it's body of work, how is that team out of the top-5, let alone out of the NCAA's, as we speak?
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-20-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Aren't any of you CCC fans ape-s$!t about Endicott's ranking today? That was a major crock. On the basis of it's body of work, how is that team out of the top-5, let alone out of the NCAA's, as we speak?
                                Speaking for me, I don't know what I don't know when it comes to these rankings. This is all new stuff for us (me)! I need to do a whole lot more studying before I get P***ed of about anything!

Comment

Working...
                                X