Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Aren't any of you CCC fans ape-s$!t about Endicott's ranking today? That was a major crock. On the basis of it's body of work, how is that team out of the top-5, let alone out of the NCAA's, as we speak?
    In their last four weekends of conference play they were 3 - 4 -1 with two of those wins against lowly Suffolk! They beat up on the lower half of the conference early in the year and faltered against the better teams, splitting with Nichols, losing two to Slave, losing and a tie with UNE. Overrated!

Comment

Aren't any of you CCC fans ape-s$!t about Endicott's ranking today? That was a major crock. On the basis of it's body of work, how is that team out of the top-5, let alone out of the NCAA's, as we speak?
      Endicott's out of conference scheduling ended up being dog food, plus who puts stock in that ranking? They were super high at this time last year and then wound up on the road for the first round of the NCAA's even though they swept through.

I just hope the CCC gets both finalists in the NCAA's, whether that's Salve UNE or Endy. Two of the three deserve to be in which is remarkable given that its a second year league.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
        In their last four weekends of conference play they were 3 - 4 -1 with two of those wins against lowly Suffolk! They beat up on the lower half of the conference early in the year and faltered against the better teams, splitting with Nichols, losing two to Slave, losing and a tie with UNE. Overrated!
        They are #10 in win% and #6 in SOS. Definitely under-rated, IMO.

Comment

They are #10 in win% and #6 in SOS. Definitely under-rated, IMO.
          Endicott is still a very solid team offensively. Their challenges have been in goal, losing Aldridge was huge. They are still talented enough to win the championship, plus playing UNE at home will help them, if they can stay out of the box, then I think they will win that game. Salve has a tough game against Nichols, beating a team 3 times in a year is hard to do. I have seen Salve play a lot this year and they are an up tempo team that is a very disciplined on defense. I also think their goalie is the best in the East. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Endicott won the title, do you think that UNE and Salve would still get bids?

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
            Endicott is still a very solid team offensively. Their challenges have been in goal, losing Aldridge was huge. They are still talented enough to win the championship, plus playing UNE at home will help them, if they can stay out of the box, then I think they will win that game. Salve has a tough game against Nichols, beating a team 3 times in a year is hard to do. I have seen Salve play a lot this year and they are an up tempo team that is a very disciplined on defense. I also think their goalie is the best in the East. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Endicott won the title, do you think that UNE and Salve would still get bids?
            You might want to stay away from Fish when talking about selections....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

If Endicott wins the CCC and if every other top team wins their conference like they're supossed to then on paper all 3 should make the tournament in my opinion... Salve and UNE are ranked 1 and 2 in the East right now and even if they both lose their semi final games I find it hard to see both of them falling drastically to keep them out. My guess is that the committee will not for some reason give all 3 a nod. Does anyone know the last time a conference had 3 teams in the tourney? I'm going to do some research

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockey92 View Post
                If Endicott wins the CCC and if every other top team wins their conference like they're supossed to then on paper all 3 should make the tournament in my opinion... Salve and UNE are ranked 1 and 2 in the East right now and even if they both lose their semi final games I find it hard to see both of them falling drastically to keep them out. My guess is that the committee will not for some reason give all 3 a nod. Does anyone know the last time a conference had 3 teams in the tourney? I'm going to do some research
                The old ECAC west (current UCHC members plus the PA teams) had 3 at least a once or twice.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  The old ECAC west (current UCHC members plus the PA teams) had 3 at least a once or twice.
                  I blame RIT.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Based on the way last year's seeding went I'd be stunned if all three get in. I'm holding out hope that even two make it.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

If Endicott gets the tournament-AQ, the CCC deserves 2 Pool C's ("AL's" to those who are blissfully ignorant of the silly process). So, yes, I would guess so, three teams, possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Based on the way last year's seeding went I'd be stunned if all three get in. I'm holding out hope that even two make it.
                        At least two teams are a mortal lock -Salve and UNE- IMO. I would actually bet the farm on that much.

Endicott ought to have a leg-up on a Pool C as we speak, but the NCAA has dropped them into a very deep hole via their unfathomable "rankings".

(But, no worries, Endicott fans, that very same "system" might have them ranked #3 next week! You never know, with this crew. )
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-22-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure that the second half of the season for Endicott matches what they did in the first half of the season. Losses to Nichols (1), Salve (2) and UNE (1) with a tie that should never have happened. Leading 4-1 with less than 14 minutes left and starting a power play because of a UNE too many men penalty, may have been a bit too much. Then, playing almost the entire OT with a man advantage (4min 23 secs) and still not winning (I know these aren't factors in the rankings!). I think it all adds up to a team that has struggled in the second half of the year.

Maybe I'm making your case for how the numbers just don't add up, I don't know!

Going into tomorrow's game, anything could happen. It could be a blow out or go to multiple OTs. I have to believe that both teams know what is on the line and will be playing for their lives. Endicott has been there, so they may know what needs to be done. UNE may be just hungry enough to overcome the Endicott experience. Either way, I think both of these games tomorrow are going to be instant classics.

Comment

Unfortunately didn't get to see either semi-final game last night but I'm not surprised UNE knocked Endicott out. Earlier in the week I mentioned Endicott was overrated; I don't think they'll get an at-large bid. I'm surprised by the score in the Salve - Nichols game. I thought Nichols had a chance, based on their weekend match-up a couple weeks ago, but I never thought they would combine for nine goals. Most have been a wild game for those two goalies to give up that many.

Next week's final should be a good one. There are still some of Kevin Swallow's recruits at Nichols. Is that a little extra incentive?

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                              Unfortunately didn't get to see either semi-final game last night but I'm not surprised UNE knocked Endicott out. Earlier in the week I mentioned Endicott was overrated; I don't think they'll get an at-large bid. I'm surprised by the score in the Salve - Nichols game. I thought Nichols had a chance, based on their weekend match-up a couple weeks ago, but I never thought they would combine for nine goals. Most have been a wild game for those two goalies to give up that many.

Next week's final should be a good one. There are still some of Kevin Swallow's recruits at Nichols. Is that a little extra incentive?
                              The quality of the stream from Endicott was not really great, seemed quite choppy and very slow. The play-by-play guy and the color guy were definitely "homers". They also struggled with the rules of the game. At one point in the third period, they were outraged by a call for playing the puck with a high stick, thinking that the ref had called an offsides. They went of for a bit about what a lousy call that was.

The game itself was an up and down match. It seemed both goalies rose to each challenge. Endicott really struggled on the power play, they went 0/5. Their one goal was a Short handed goal, but it was missed by the camera guy until the puck went in. The game really was a 2-1 game as UNE had 2 Empty netters in the waning minutes.

I know I shouldn't carp on the announcers, they are probably students doing their best, so my apologies for that.

I was surprised when I checked in on the Salve game to see Nichols up 3-0 in second. A credit to Salve for trying to come back. When they tied it at 4, I was convinced that Nichols was dead meat! Salve was all over them and coming in like tidal wave on the Nichols net. Somehow, Nichols got the puck out of their end and capitalized on it by scoring the game winner with 5:40 left. I still didn't think that Nichols could hold on.

There are some really interesting underlying factors in this game, not just the fact that Coach Swallow recruited some of the Nichols kids. I think some of the kids he recruited to Nichols, came to UNE when he shifted. I think Nichols plays UNE tough, period. They match up pretty well. If Baker get loose, he can do some real damage. Glad to have another game at the Alfond. Who knows, maybe we get an NCAA game as well!

Comment

What happens next? If UNE wins next weekend does Salve get in? If Nichols pulls the upset does UNE, Salve or both get in? I think Nichols must win to get in.

Comment

Working...
                                X