Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Nichols did play a pretty tough schedule this year and was battle tested. Great to see the Bison finish the year with a title! Do they get a home game?
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Nichols did play a pretty tough schedule this year and was battle tested. Great to see the Bison finish the year with a title! Do they get a home game?
      Doubt it.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Three teams in; one with a first round bye and the other two with first round home games. Unbelievably strong year for the CCC. Hope they can do some damage!

Comment

Well, this is a great day for the CCC. 3 teams hosting in the prelims and quarter finals of the NCAA, one team getting a bye into the quarters. Not bad for a conference that just three seasons ago was the brunt of many negative comments about receiving an AQ.

On a totally different subject, but kinda related, wouldn't it be great if the schools in this conference all made a little bigger commitment to the Conference and the programs by building on campus rinks? Just a thought.

Also, next season, the conference will be an 8 team conference, with Suffolk and J&W heading to the NEHC.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
            Well, this is a great day for the CCC. 3 teams hosting in the prelims and quarter finals of the NCAA, one team getting a bye into the quarters. Not bad for a conference that just three seasons ago was the brunt of many negative comments about receiving an AQ.

On a totally different subject, but kinda related, wouldn't it be great if the schools in this conference all made a little bigger commitment to the Conference and the programs by building on campus rinks? Just a thought.

Also, next season, the conference will be an 8 team conference, with Suffolk and J&W heading to the NEHC.
            I'd like to see the league replace with Suffolk and J&W with a couple quality schools but in the meantime I'm very curious about who they all schedule for the four openings. I'd like to see them step up and add top NESCAC or NEHC teams.

If any of them build on campus arenas it would be a big advantage to recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
              The negative comments were justified then, but not now. (I even think the CCC had a great shot at 4 teams in, but Endicott was somehow ignored in the rankings.)

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend spending millions on new arenas. The general dilution of talent in D-3 shouldn't make any program -nor any conference- feel safe going forward.

Next year could see a 180, or something close to that, and CCC attendance wasn't great-shakes even this season.

Still, the CCC is a juggernaut right now, and I guess I'm a UNE fan going forward. (At least they sleep in Maine most nights. )
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-05-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

and I guess I'm a UNE fan going forward. (At least they sleep in Maine most nights. )

I am a little nervous playing Colby, even at home. I watched a couple of the NESCAC games on the stream, and Colby looked like a different team than the team UNE beat twice back in January and early February. I am also a great believer in the idea that it is really difficult to beat a team 3 times in one season!

It should be a good night at the Forum, I would expect another huge crowd, they announced 1100, but it seemed like a whole lot more. I did notice the Fire Marshals in the building during the game. They made sure they could be where no one else could so they had a great spot behind the visiting goal!

Comment

I'd like to be a fan but some nasty UNE folks at last Saturday night's game. As bad as I heard throughout the CCC games the past couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                    I'd like to be a fan but some nasty UNE folks at last Saturday night's game. As bad as I heard throughout the CCC games the past couple years.
                    It was a very poor showing for the UNE fan base. I can honestly say I had not seen anything like it in all the years I have been attending games both at the Biddeford Ice Arena and at the Forum. I hope that it is being addressed by the administration, because it was painful to witness.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                      It was a sold out crowd prime time game on a Saturday night. What do you expect from college students?! Every student section is like that it's nothing new. Clearly you missed the Nichols student section talking a lot of **** to UNE players while trying to warm up before the game and some very unflattering signs about Kevin Swallow... it's a 2 way street

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockey92 View Post
                        It was a sold out crowd prime time game on a Saturday night. What do you expect from college students?! Every student section is like that it's nothing new. Clearly you missed the Nichols student section talking a lot of **** to UNE players while trying to warm up before the game and some very unflattering signs about Kevin Swallow... it's a 2 way street
                        You know, that may be the case, but I can say that in all the games I attended at the Forum, and before, I had not seen or heard anything at this level. I can tell you I was embarrassed to be there and thankful that I didn't have my grandchildren.

I know I'm old, and I should expect young people to act in a crazy manner, I just hadn't seen it to this level before. I will be there on Saturday, rooting for the Nor'easters to win. The kids on the ice played hard, gave nothing and finished each check. At the end of the game, it was exactly as it should be, the players shaking hands and congratulating the victors, there were even a few embraces by the opponents. What happened on the ice was great, what happened in the stands... not so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                          You know, that may be the case, but I can say that in all the games I attended at the Forum, and before, I had not seen or heard anything at this level. I can tell you I was embarrassed to be there and thankful that I didn't have my grandchildren.

I know I'm old, and I should expect young people to act in a crazy manner, I just hadn't seen it to this level before. I will be there on Saturday, rooting for the Nor'easters to win. The kids on the ice played hard, gave nothing and finished each check. At the end of the game, it was exactly as it should be, the players shaking hands and congratulating the victors, there were even a few embraces by the opponents. What happened on the ice was great, what happened in the stands... not so much!
                          I agree with you. I think the last thing college students and fans think about is their actions and who's around them or beside them in the stands. UNE has a solid support System from local townies and around southern Maine in all ages from old to young. The players showed great sportsmanship. What happens during the game and heat of competition is one thing but at the end of the game it's nothing but respect. Hoping to see atleast 1 CCC team in the Final Four. Could be 2!
                          Last edited by NEHockey92; 03-06-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockey92 View Post
                            I agree with you. I think the last thing college students and fans think about is their actions and who's around them or beside them in the stands. UNE has a solid support System from local townies and around southern Maine in all ages from old to young. The players showed great sportsmanship. What happens during the game and heat of competition is one thing but at the end of the game it's nothing but respect. Hoping to see atleast 1 CCC team in the Final Four. Could be 2!
                            Before Kreitzberg, Norwich students were known to be pretty poorly behaved, but now the student section is loud and supportive, but very little of the other stuff. My guess is that there were more than a few first timers there who thought that acting boorish was "cool" (or whatever the current way to say that is).
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Before Kreitzberg, Norwich students were known to be pretty poorly behaved, but now the student section is loud and supportive, but very little of the other stuff. My guess is that there were more than a few first timers there who thought that acting boorish was "cool" (or whatever the current way to say that is).
                              UNE seems to be building that local support and attracting local fans the same way Norwich does. Norwich varsity games are seen as community events, so the students are well-behaved. Club games are seen as a college event, so they get extremely rowdy (as in students leaning over the glass and taking swipes at players along the boards). So if UNE continues to build that community relationship then I suspect that the students will follow the lead.
                              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Thought I'd extend the Salve team, and their fans, a congratulations here on the CCC thread. That was quite a game last night, you certainly made a statement for the Conference, and your program.

Now, we are on to next year. I think it's safe to say that the top of the league are young teams, with many of their top players returning. I would think that the league should have good year recruiting, having had 3 teams make the NCAA's and with Salve playing in the last game of the season.

The off-season is always too long!

Comment

Working...
                                X