Nd@rpi 11/17/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nd@rpi 11/17/17

I will be away for the weekend, but I hope to catch at least part of the games. I will probably not be posting though.
    Another weekend, another test.

Let go RED!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Re: Nd@rpi 11/17/17

RESET SCORES:
    Code:
    jericho        - 355:00 *
    DrDemento      -  94:59
    Ralph Baer     -  40:00
    RPI fan 4 life -  40:00 
    jmhusker       -   0:00 
    fr. joe        -   0:00

* In Possession
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-17-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Once again I will be at the games, so take good notes as always...
      Hope to see Ralph this weekend, let me know where you are sitting so I can track you down.

Comment

2017-18 Thread-Starting Statistics:
        Code:
        engineerhockeyfan  1- 2- 2  4 points  .400
        fr joe             1- 2- 1  3 points  .375
        Ralph Baer         0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2017-18 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
        Ralph Baer        58-58-18 134 points  .500
        fr joe            48-63-13 109 points  .440
        engineerhockeyfan 28-38- 7  63 points  .432
        Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
        hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
        GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
        DrDemento          7-20- 5  19 points  .297
        burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
        rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
        RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
        FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
        HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
        Waite21            2- 6- 2   6 points  .300
        jericho            3-11- 0   6 points  .214
        JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
        REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
        RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        fishcore12         0- 0- 3   3 points  .500
        berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
        lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
        RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
        redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
        Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
        vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
        RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
        Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
        http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
        http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi fan 4 life View Post
          once again i will be at the games, so take good notes as always...
          Hope to see ralph this weekend, let me know where you are sitting so i can track you down.
          6 h-1
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Really hope I can see some of these 2 games. Playing a very good team should bring out the best unless you just over matched. Let us hope our boys can show them what we can be capable of. Sometimes it is all about the match up. Princeton just cleaned out clock with a style we need to learn how to go up against. I am having a difficult time in figuring out our team. So far it seems that the defensive lapses are the major problem. But I maintain that hockey is a possession sport and if you control and hold onto the puck it just makes it that much more difficult for the opponent to set up scoring chances. When you lose most of the important face offs (deep in the offensive zone when you are on the power play and deep in the defensive zone when you are short handed) you are just handing the opponent quick chances to either clear the zone or score. Face offs are far more than just the individual in the circle. A team has to win the face off and control the puck. We have just not solved that for years.
              Go Red!! Come out fast (first period has been problems for us) and keep the pressure on. We are better than our record (at least I keep hoping)
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Really hope I can see some of these 2 games. Playing a very good team should bring out the best unless you just over matched. Let us hope our boys can show them what we can be capable of. Sometimes it is all about the match up. Princeton just cleaned out clock with a style we need to learn how to go up against. I am having a difficult time in figuring out our team. So far it seems that the defensive lapses are the major problem. But I maintain that hockey is a possession sport and if you control and hold onto the puck it just makes it that much more difficult for the opponent to set up scoring chances. When you lose most of the important face offs (deep in the offensive zone when you are on the power play and deep in the defensive zone when you are short handed) you are just handing the opponent quick chances to either clear the zone or score. Face offs are far more than just the individual in the circle. A team has to win the face off and control the puck. We have just not solved that for years.
                Go Red!! Come out fast (first period has been problems for us) and keep the pressure on. We are better than our record (at least I keep hoping)
                Possession seems to me to be a "false metric" in our league. If they actually categorized it, I would predict that the overwhelming majority of goals scored are the result of some form of turnover or odd man rush. Sure, on the power play you can work the good shot and get the puck in, but of the even strength plays, I really don't see too many good setups and working to get an opening actually paying dividends, at least in the games I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Possession seems to me to be a "false metric" in our league. If they actually categorized it, I would predict that the overwhelming majority of goals scored are the result of some form of turnover or odd man rush. Sure, on the power play you can work the good shot and get the puck in, but of the even strength plays, I really don't see too many good setups and working to get an opening actually paying dividends, at least in the games I've seen.
                  Nothing is black and white but you must grasp the following-Short handed situation, you win the face off and immediately clear it out. The other team has to score by going 100 feet or more. Power play, you win the face off immediately and set up for any sort of shot while the defense against you is scurrying to cover you or the angles or the pass. It should be easy to visualize, it happens against us in every game often leading to that one or two extra goals against (or that one or two less goals we score). Teams that are good at these things (see Union) score or win perhaps more because of it and certainly prevent a score and lose less often because of it. This is true at all levels of hockey and really first truly appreciated in the 1950's and 1960's when the Olympic Soviet teams perfected these fundamentals and taught the world the lesson. BTW, they RARELY lost!
                  Last edited by DrDemento; 11-17-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Music!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Nothing is black and white but you must grasp the following-Short handed situation, you win the face off and immediately clear it out. The other team has to score by going 100 feet or more. Power play, you win the face off immediately and set up for any sort of shot while the defense against you is scurrying to cover you or the angles or the pass. It should be easy to visualize, it happens against us in every game often leading to that one or two extra goals against (or that one or two less goals we score). Teams that are good at these things (see Union) score or win perhaps more because of it and certainly prevent a score and lose less often because of it. This is true at all levels of hockey and really first truly appreciated in the 1950's and 1960's when the Olympic Soviet teams perfected these fundamentals and taught the world the lesson. BTW, they RARELY lost!
                      Faceoffs are definitely helpful. And we definitely are starting to get better (couldn't get much worse, mind you). I don't have to visualize much, as I saw the first faceoff-win-goal we scored in probably about 7 years at RIT. All I'd like to see is 130 minutes of good hockey this weekend.

Comment

Picture!

Comment

McDonald and Hicks reffing. Congratulations Notre Dame on this victory.

Comment

Faceoffs are definitely helpful. And we definitely are starting to get better (couldn't get much worse, mind you). I don't have to visualize much, as I saw the first faceoff-win-goal we scored in probably about 7 years at RIT. All I'd like to see is 130 minutes of good hockey this weekend.
                            Could not agree more. i still do not have any sort of handle on this team. perhaps this two game set will let us see how we can perform against some of the real class of the NCAA. it is not just about wins and losses but more about how we play.

Comment

McDonald and Hicks reffing. Congratulations Notre Dame on this victory.
                              I thought they had both disappeared somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X