Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 179

Thread: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by neumyer View Post
    What time will you get home? If you make it home before the end of the game, say 8:45pm, then you can slide the bottom bar back to the start of the game. Then you can watch it from the beginning. If you are real clever, you can do it without seeing the score and then it will be like watching it live.
    Haha. I always wondered if that would work. Unfortunately, the timing isn't right. However, I might be able to catch much of it on my phone in the locker room. We hit the ice at 9:10.

    As I recall, you drove up to Waterville for the game, last year. Are you doing that, again?
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioMule View Post
    Haha. I always wondered if that would work. Unfortunately, the timing isn't right. However, I might be able to catch much of it on my phone in the locker room. We hit the ice at 9:10.

    As I recall, you drove up to Waterville for the game, last year. Are you doing that, again?
    We can't make it up to Waterville this year, but we are planning on going to Brunswick for the second game.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    So, what edition of the Bowdoin/Colby rivalry are we looking at, Friday night? By my count, it's 209, but I might be off by a game...
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    72

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Friday

    Colby 4 Bowdoin 1
    Conn College 2 Middlebury 2
    Williams 4 Tufts 2

    Saturday

    Colby 3 Bowdoin 2
    Middlebury 4 Tufts 3
    Hamilton 5 Trinity 3
    Williams 3 Conn College 0
    Amherst 5 Wesleyan 1

    Sunday

    Amherst 3 Trinity 2
    Hamilton 5 Wesleyan 0

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    From this week's USCHO D-III East Picks:
    Bowdoin at Colby
    This is one of the greatest rivalries in all of D-III for the players, schools, and alumni alike. Records generally go out the window in these games, and there are very few blowouts in this Maine grudge match. Look for the Mules to eke one out at home. Colby 3-2

    I can go with this. Not so sure about Saturday, however. It might be too much to ask of the Mules to sweep two years in a row.

    Bring on the squid!
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioMule View Post
    From this week's USCHO D-III East Picks:
    Bowdoin at Colby
    This is one of the greatest rivalries in all of D-III for the players, schools, and alumni alike. Records generally go out the window in these games, and there are very few blowouts in this Maine grudge match. Look for the Mules to eke one out at home. Colby 3-2

    I can go with this. Not so sure about Saturday, however. It might be too much to ask of the Mules to sweep two years in a row.

    Bring on the squid!
    You were pretty close! 4-2 Colby with an ENG.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by neumyer View Post
    You were pretty close! 4-2 Colby with an ENG.
    So I got to watch almost all of the first two periods before I had to leave the house for the rink (25 min drive). I had considered bringing my I-Pad, but decided my cell phone would do just fine. I pull into a parking space at the rink and get onto the stream less than a minute into the third period. I get out of the car and try juggling my hockey bag, two sticks and the phone with the game going and the phone dies in the parking lot. I think I squeezed it too hard. I tried everything to revive it, to no avail. Well, at least we won. Meanwhile the phone is just fine, now.
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    1-1 at Watson. Bowdoin opened the scoring with a PP goal and Colby answered in the last 2 minutes with a PP goal of their own. Shots were 14-9 Colby.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Now 2-1 Colby with 17:00 left in the second period.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    3-1 Colby with 10:00 minutes left in the second.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    End of two, Colby 4 Bowdoin 1. Colby scored their fourth goal with about 1 minute to go in the period after just having killed of a penalty.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    558

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Great finish between Trinity and Hamilton. Trinity somehow holds on for the 1-0 win. Not sure how the puck didn't go in for Hamilton, but there were 12 bodies crashing the crease at one point with about 30 seconds left.

    Elsewhere, Amherst denies a Wesleyan penalty shot (second penalty shot of the day, I think Amherst had one earlier) to maintain a 3-3 tie.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by neumyer View Post
    End of two, Colby 4 Bowdoin 1. Colby scored their fourth goal with about 1 minute to go in the period after just having killed of a penalty.
    6-1 final. That's four in a row for the Mules over the Polar Bears. We need a bigger broom!
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  14. #54
    Patron Saint of Defunct Teams
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    971

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    went to the Williams at Conn College game. Does anyone know the dimensions of that rink? Can't find them online, but tha
    t rink is very tiny. You take a few seconds off, and the other team is down your throat. Seems even smaller than Bentley's(Ryan) Another weird thing is that there are moments where you can hear players either on the bench or on the ice very clearly. Maybe it's the angles of the building or something. I just could not tell where it was specifically coming from.

    Williams was definitely the better team, but Conn College hurt themselves with penalties in the second half of the game. C.C.'s goalie also seemed to play small. Don't know what it is, but some goalies make themselves seem larger than they are, but theirs did not. CC did way too much dump and chase.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    72

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Great finish between Trinity and Hamilton. Trinity somehow holds on for the 1-0 win. Not sure how the puck didn't go in for Hamilton, but there were 12 bodies crashing the crease at one point with about 30 seconds left.

    Elsewhere, Amherst denies a Wesleyan penalty shot (second penalty shot of the day, I think Amherst had one earlier) to maintain a 3-3 tie.
    Exciting game all around. Both teams look to be in top form. I think these two will eventually vie for the NESCAC and possibly the national titles, if only to make the original byline on the DIII page on this site look prescient.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by neumyer View Post
    End of two, Colby 4 Bowdoin 1. Colby scored their fourth goal with about 1 minute to go in the period after just having killed of a penalty.
    Bumped into someone you know on a Colby Facebook post regarding the lighting of the Empire State Building to promote their new Dare North Ward fundraising campaign.
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Saco, ME USA
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioMule View Post
    Bumped into someone you know on a Colby Facebook post regarding the lighting of the Empire State Building to promote their new Dare North Ward fundraising campaign.
    Yes, that was my wife. We were watching the Colby ceremony at the Empire State Building online on Tuesday night.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Friday:
    Williams 1 - Amherst 1
    Hobart 1 - Trinity 2
    Tufts 2 - Bowdoin 4
    Conn 1 - Colby 2 OT
    Midd 0 - Hamilton 2

    Saturday:
    Tufts 1 - Colby 3
    Midd 1 - Amherst 4
    Conn 2 - Bowdoin 2
    Hobart 2 - Trinity 3
    Stonehill 2 - Wesleyan 2
    Williams 1 - Hamilton 1

    Low scores, lots of ties and great goaltending all around...
    Last edited by OhioMule; 12-08-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    72

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioMule View Post
    Friday:
    Williams 1 - Amherst 1
    Hobart 1 - Trinity 2
    Tufts 2 - Bowdoin 4
    Conn 1 - Colby 2 OT
    Midd 0 - Hamilton 2

    Saturday:
    Tufts 1 - Colby 3
    Midd 1 - Amherst 4
    Conn 2 - Bowdoin 2
    Hobart 2 - Trinity 3
    Stonehill 2 - Wesleyan 2
    Williams 1 - Hamilton 1

    Low scores, lots of ties and great goaltending all around...



    Friday
    Williams 2 Amherst 4
    Hobart 4 Trinity 5
    Tufts 3 Bowdoin 3
    Conn College 1 Colby 3
    Midd 0 Hamilton 6

    Saturday
    Tufts 3 Colby 4
    Midd 0 Amherst 5
    Conn College 4 Bowdoin 2
    Hobart 3 Trinity 5
    Stonehill 3 Wesleyan 4
    Williams 2 Hamilton 3


    MIddlebury will need more than the goalie to show up this week-end. Sadly, they probably won't. Williams, however will give both Hamilton and Amherst all they can handle.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    418

    Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
    Friday
    Williams 2 Amherst 4
    Hobart 4 Trinity 5
    Tufts 3 Bowdoin 3
    Conn College 1 Colby 3
    Midd 0 Hamilton 6

    Saturday
    Tufts 3 Colby 4
    Midd 0 Amherst 5
    Conn College 4 Bowdoin 2
    Hobart 3 Trinity 5
    Stonehill 3 Wesleyan 4
    Williams 2 Hamilton 3


    MIddlebury will need more than the goalie to show up this week-end. Sadly, they probably won't. Williams, however will give both Hamilton and Amherst all they can handle.
    I keep looking for Conn College to have a breakout season. This weekend could go a long way to starting that. Colby always has trouble with them. I actually like your Conn/Bowdoin pick.
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •