Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
    From this week's USCHO D-III East Picks:
    Bowdoin at Colby
    This is one of the greatest rivalries in all of D-III for the players, schools, and alumni alike. Records generally go out the window in these games, and there are very few blowouts in this Maine grudge match. Look for the Mules to eke one out at home. Colby 3-2

I can go with this. Not so sure about Saturday, however. It might be too much to ask of the Mules to sweep two years in a row.

Bring on the squid!
    You were pretty close! 4-2 Colby with an ENG.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
      You were pretty close! 4-2 Colby with an ENG.
      So I got to watch almost all of the first two periods before I had to leave the house for the rink (25 min drive). I had considered bringing my I-Pad, but decided my cell phone would do just fine. I pull into a parking space at the rink and get onto the stream less than a minute into the third period. I get out of the car and try juggling my hockey bag, two sticks and the phone with the game going and the phone dies in the parking lot. I think I squeezed it too hard. I tried everything to revive it, to no avail. Well, at least we won. Meanwhile the phone is just fine, now.
      Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

1-1 at Watson. Bowdoin opened the scoring with a PP goal and Colby answered in the last 2 minutes with a PP goal of their own. Shots were 14-9 Colby.

Comment

Now 2-1 Colby with 17:00 left in the second period.

Comment

3-1 Colby with 10:00 minutes left in the second.

Comment

End of two, Colby 4 Bowdoin 1. Colby scored their fourth goal with about 1 minute to go in the period after just having killed of a penalty.

Comment

Great finish between Trinity and Hamilton. Trinity somehow holds on for the 1-0 win. Not sure how the puck didn't go in for Hamilton, but there were 12 bodies crashing the crease at one point with about 30 seconds left.

Elsewhere, Amherst denies a Wesleyan penalty shot (second penalty shot of the day, I think Amherst had one earlier) to maintain a 3-3 tie.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

End of two, Colby 4 Bowdoin 1. Colby scored their fourth goal with about 1 minute to go in the period after just having killed of a penalty.
                  6-1 final. That's four in a row for the Mules over the Polar Bears. We need a bigger broom!

Comment

went to the Williams at Conn College game. Does anyone know the dimensions of that rink? Can't find them online, but tha
                    t rink is very tiny. You take a few seconds off, and the other team is down your throat. Seems even smaller than Bentley's(Ryan) Another weird thing is that there are moments where you can hear players either on the bench or on the ice very clearly. Maybe it's the angles of the building or something. I just could not tell where it was specifically coming from.

Williams was definitely the better team, but Conn College hurt themselves with penalties in the second half of the game. C.C.'s goalie also seemed to play small. Don't know what it is, but some goalies make themselves seem larger than they are, but theirs did not. CC did way too much dump and chase.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                      Great finish between Trinity and Hamilton. Trinity somehow holds on for the 1-0 win. Not sure how the puck didn't go in for Hamilton, but there were 12 bodies crashing the crease at one point with about 30 seconds left.

Elsewhere, Amherst denies a Wesleyan penalty shot (second penalty shot of the day, I think Amherst had one earlier) to maintain a 3-3 tie.
                      Exciting game all around. Both teams look to be in top form. I think these two will eventually vie for the NESCAC and possibly the national titles, if only to make the original byline on the DIII page on this site look prescient.

Comment

Bumped into someone you know on a Colby Facebook post regarding the lighting of the Empire State Building to promote their new Dare North Ward fundraising campaign.

Comment

Bumped into someone you know on a Colby Facebook post regarding the lighting of the Empire State Building to promote their new Dare North Ward fundraising campaign.
                          Yes, that was my wife. We were watching the Colby ceremony at the Empire State Building online on Tuesday night.

Comment

Friday:
                            Williams 1 - Amherst 1
                            Hobart 1 - Trinity 2
                            Tufts 2 - Bowdoin 4
                            Conn 1 - Colby 2 OT
                            Midd 0 - Hamilton 2

Saturday:
                            Tufts 1 - Colby 3
                            Midd 1 - Amherst 4
                            Conn 2 - Bowdoin 2
                            Hobart 2 - Trinity 3
                            Stonehill 2 - Wesleyan 2
                            Williams 1 - Hamilton 1

Low scores, lots of ties and great goaltending all around...
                            Last edited by OhioMule; 12-08-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Friday:
                              Williams 1 - Amherst 1
                              Hobart 1 - Trinity 2
                              Tufts 2 - Bowdoin 4
                              Conn 1 - Colby 2 OT
                              Midd 0 - Hamilton 2

Saturday:
                              Tufts 1 - Colby 3
                              Midd 1 - Amherst 4
                              Conn 2 - Bowdoin 2
                              Hobart 2 - Trinity 3
                              Stonehill 2 - Wesleyan 2
                              Williams 1 - Hamilton 1

Low scores, lots of ties and great goaltending all around...

Friday
                              Williams 2 Amherst 4
                              Hobart 4 Trinity 5
                              Tufts 3 Bowdoin 3
                              Conn College 1 Colby 3
                              Midd 0 Hamilton 6

Saturday
                              Tufts 3 Colby 4
                              Midd 0 Amherst 5
                              Conn College 4 Bowdoin 2
                              Hobart 3 Trinity 5
                              Stonehill 3 Wesleyan 4
                              Williams 2 Hamilton 3

MIddlebury will need more than the goalie to show up this week-end. Sadly, they probably won't. Williams, however will give both Hamilton and Amherst all they can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                                Friday
                                Williams 2 Amherst 4
                                Hobart 4 Trinity 5
                                Tufts 3 Bowdoin 3
                                Conn College 1 Colby 3
                                Midd 0 Hamilton 6

Saturday
                                Tufts 3 Colby 4
                                Midd 0 Amherst 5
                                Conn College 4 Bowdoin 2
                                Hobart 3 Trinity 5
                                Stonehill 3 Wesleyan 4
                                Williams 2 Hamilton 3

MIddlebury will need more than the goalie to show up this week-end. Sadly, they probably won't. Williams, however will give both Hamilton and Amherst all they can handle.
                                I keep looking for Conn College to have a breakout season. This weekend could go a long way to starting that. Colby always has trouble with them. I actually like your Conn/Bowdoin pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X