Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
    They played well yesterday, and Lawrence minded his net flawlessly. I think they stand a good chance. I'm pulling for them.
    And they did it!

Comment

My wife made me take her shopping this afternoon. That this was the most important game of the past 20 years was of absolutely no consequence to her. I managed to watch the entire game on my cell phone while sitting in parking lots outside various grocery stores around Columbus, Ohio. If anyone happened to look into my car during the last six seconds of the game and the celebration that ensued, they would have wondered, what's that old guy blubbering about?
      Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
        My wife made me take her shopping this afternoon. That this was the most important game of the past 20 years was of absolutely no consequence to her. I managed to watch the entire game on my cell phone while sitting in parking lots outside various grocery stores around Columbus, Ohio. If anyone happened to look into my car during the last six seconds of the game and the celebration that ensued, they would have wondered, what's that old guy blubbering about?
        I'm glad you got to see it, if only on your cell phone. How exciting, congratulations!! Blubbering allowed!

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
          I'm glad you got to see it, if only on your cell phone. How exciting, congratulations!! Blubbering allowed!
          Thanks. Here's the d3.com bracketology: http://d3hockey.com/bracketology/men...nal-projection

It has Colby at Salve. Another possible scenario is Colby at UNE. If anyone has been paying attention, I have been touting UNE as a team to watch. I was right. They beat Colby handily twice this season, but I'd still rather see the Mules take the short, in-state road trip. With Colby playing the best hockey of its season, it would be a hell of a game. 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, all the speculation will be over. One other note: They have Trinity getting an at-large. Not so sure about that...

Comment

It's Colby vs. UNE (as I had hoped). I think the Mules have seen enough of the Nor'Easters to have them figured out by now. Part of that would be to avoid taking any penalties, and that fits with their style of play. Benefits: A short road trip, and an additional opportunity to grow another in-state rivalry. UNE had never beaten Colby until last year, but now own three straight. The Maine papers ought to love this one. Colby fans, enjoy the ride!

As feared, Trinity did not get the at-large...

Here is the bracket: https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/defa...en_d3_2018.pdf

Comment

Here's why Colby had such a great run in the playoffs and might go deeper than expected in the NCAAs: https://***********/hockeyinthecac/s...48874350563328

It's about brotherhood...

Comment

• Big mistake to take the early penalty. UNE 1-0 after one.

Comment

Colby finally starts putting the puck on net. Leads 3-2 after a wild second period.

Comment

And Colby takes it 4-2. Will play at Geneseo next week.

Comment

Very impressive after a slow start for the Mules. Another congratulations.

Comment

Looks like Hamiltons netminder Beitenhuis has signed with AHL Toronto Marlies...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Looks like Hamiltons netminder Beitenhuis has signed with AHL Toronto Marlies...
                          I wish him well. Maybe he'll make it to the NHL someday.

Comment

• Re: Middlebury slide continues ...

Wow!!

Comment

• Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                              Wow!!
                              Unbelievable!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And Colby carries the NESCAC banner to the Frozen Four... The Freshman, Justin Grillo, breaks the tie with one second on the clock. Geneseo was storming in the third, especially after scoring on the 5-on-3 power play. Colby played great for 2 1/2 periods, but was lucky to pull this one out. I think spring break and the lack of the pep band loomed big in this one. That, and Sean Lawrence...

Grillo gets my star of the game with two points in a 2-1 win. Lawrence (38 saves) is a close second. Grillo set up Colby's first goal, early in the second period on a sweet play. He was carrying the puck all night and pick up a shot that was blocked by the Geneseo defense and buried it for his game-winning goal.
                                Last edited by OhioMule; 03-18-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X