Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Well, I guess it's up to me...

On my mind as NESCAC hockey is finally getting underway, is that long-time, successful Colby coach Jim Tortorella is finally back in the D-III head coaching ranks with St. Anselm. Ironically, St. A is scheduled to play in the Bowdoin-Colby holiday tourney, just a few games into the season, and will play Colby at Bowdoin on Sunday 11/26. Unfortunately, this game will not be streamed. I never learned why Torts suddenly left his Colby job during the summer of 2011, but the Mules have never been the same since. Last year was a pretty good year - something to build on..?
    Last edited by OhioMule; 11-14-2017, 01:52 PM.
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Maybe the NESCAC will inspire more forum action once the season gets underway? Any interest in a weekly Pick 'Em for the 'CAC? I would be willing to attempt one if there is. I am looking forward to the season. Lots of questions to be answered. Will Hamilton and Trinity remain atop the conference? Has Middlebury sunk to the status of perennial bottom-dweller, or can they resurface as a contender? Drop the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
      Maybe the NESCAC will inspire more forum action once the season gets underway? Any interest in a weekly Pick 'Em for the 'CAC? I would be willing to attempt one if there is. I am looking forward to the season. Lots of questions to be answered. Will Hamilton and Trinity remain atop the conference? Has Middlebury sunk to the status of perennial bottom-dweller, or can they resurface as a contender? Drop the puck.
      I guess the toughest week to pick'em is the first. You never know who had a good couple of weeks of training camp and who didn't. I always look for upsets in the first weekend and am perfectly happy to have my team play against the perennial favorites in those first two games. And then there is the "First-Year" factor. So... let me think about it.
      Last edited by OhioMule; 11-15-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I see 2017 Colby grad, defenseman Jack Burton caught on with the ECHL Indy Fuel after the tryout they gave him at the end of last season:

https://www.indyfuelhockey.com/players/detail/burton

http://www.colby.edu/magazine/from-o...am-to-another/
        Last edited by OhioMule; 11-18-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hamilton looks like they will be strong again,goalie returning and picked up 3 D1 transfers..

Comment

I'm headed to Williams this weekend, as I can't make the AIC games in Pittfburgh this week.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              I'm headed to Williams this weekend, as I can't make the AIC games in Pittfburgh this week.
              What? Can't make it another 45 minutes down I-91 to check out Trinity's season opener?

But really, because this is a new(ish) thread, just reminding anybody that does not know, pretty much all NESCAC Hockey games can be found on NSNSports.net under whichever college/university is home for that particular game.

Comment

Midd has nine freshmen coming in.

http://athletics.middlebury.edu/spor...2017-18/roster
                Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

I agree, I love being able to watch the games online. I'm actually located in Troy, New York, so Williams is only 40 mins for me. Might have to do that if the weather does not cooperate Saturday night.

Comment

The Ex-Jeffs have a lot of firepower upfront,strong defense will need better goal tending than last year.IF Connor Girard cuts down on his bad rebounds I think they are the team to beat.

Comment

Looks as though Midd has 2 of their better defensemen not returning, but, on paper anyway, they appear to have some offensive potential amongst the recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                        Waive to the camera. I'll be streaming.

Comment

At long last, opening night! I am going with the home teams to sweep.
                          Wesleyan 3 Conn College 1
                          Amherst 4 Hamilton 2
                          Trinity 6 Tufts 5

Comment

Friday:
                            Wesleyan 3 - Conn Col 1
                            Hamilton 2 - Amherst 1
                            Trinity 5 - Tufts 2
                            Saturday:
                            Tufts 4 - Wesleyan 3
                            Trinity 5 - Conn Col 2
                            Williams 3 - Bowdoin 2
                            Colby 3 - Middlebury 2
                            Sunday:
                            Colby 3 - Williams 1
                            Hamilton 4 - Stevenson 2
                            Bowdoin 2 - Middlebury 1

Comment

Saturday
                              Tufts 6 Wesleyan 1
                              Williams 4 Bowdoin 0
                              Trinity 4 Conn College 1
                              Colby 4 Middlebury 3

Sunday
                              Williams 3 Colby 3
                              Middlebury 4 Bowdoin 2
                              Hamilton 2 Stevenson 1

Comment

Working...
                              X