X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Guess what. In the most unsurprising thing I've seen all year Minnesota is running a deficit. Why? Cause Republicans took over both houses and had to have their Ayn Rand orgasm. It also appears to be related to not planning ahead on Health Care because they're not receiving their CHIP payments from the FEDS. Who's surprised by that? Not me. Any idiot with 3 brain cells knew Health Care was going to implode once the Orange Baboon took office. But, not our beloved Republicans.

Also so wonderful to know how Paulsen, Jason Lewis, and everyone's favorite Tom Emmer all support the Federal Tax Cut. The Tax Cut that will devastate everyone in Minnesota because we itemize and we take our State and Local Tax Deduction.

Thanks GOP. God Bless you for your commitment to the people.
    Well then in Minny people need to fuking VOTE. There are more lefties than righties in the state, so how the Goopers have control of the state legislature can only be explained by indifference on the left.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Well then in Minny people need to fuking VOTE. There are more lefties than righties in the state, so how the Goopers have control of the state legislature can only be explained by indifference on the left.
      Also all the people outside of the twin cities.

Comment

The Rep. Al Green says "leeeeeeet's..let's impeach together (gether)".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          The young don't vote. Minorities don't vote unless they are on the ballot.

Until this changes the reactionaries will always have power beyond their numbers.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I don't agree. I think Paul is the typical ideologue. He knows he's right and so any pain he causes is a price he's willing to pay. Of course, it helps a lot that the pain is borne by others.

Paul is Lenin, not Stalin. Not evil, just way too sure.
            No offense but your judgement on these matters is often proven false. Just look at how you defended Bob Gray and joe around here.

You sound like the typical academic liberal...if only people knew the truth they wouldnt do what they do. Paul Ryan didnt just appear one day without any sort of background or knowledge he is as learned on the subject as anyone. He has seen what these very policies have done in the past first hand. He. Doesnt. Care. Ya know why, because he and his people wont have deal with the fallout.

He isnt Lenin, he isnt trying to do this for a perceived "greater good" he is doing this so he and his cronies can get fat and happy. The Left needs to start realizing these people arent going to change because they have zero reason to and better yet, they dont want to.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Left did vote...problem is the Left is concentrated in the larger cities Outstate is a crapshoot at best. A lot of them voted against their interests last election because they fell for Trump's BS about opening mines and giving jobs to Americans. They forgot it is the Dems in this state that make sure they have employment protection, unemployment and insurance.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                No offense but your judgement on these matters is often proven false. Just look at how you defended Bob Gray and joe around here.

You sound like the typical academic liberal...if only people knew the truth they wouldnt do what they do. Paul Ryan didnt just appear one day without any sort of background or knowledge he is as learned on the subject as anyone. He has seen what these very policies have done in the past first hand. He. Doesnt. Care. Ya know why, because he and his people wont have deal with the fallout.

He isnt Lenin, he isnt trying to do this for a perceived "greater good" he is doing this so he and his cronies can get fat and happy. The Left needs to start realizing these people arent going to change because they have zero reason to and better yet, they dont want to.
                I'm not blind to the existence of evil on the right. I lived through Cheney, too. But because I traveled in libertarian circles I know these people. There are of course people who know better and just manipulate them -- the Kochs are the perfect example. But read Rockwell or Rothbard or for that matter Ron Paul. They are actually trying to do good. I assume Ron raised Rand to be likewise, though I'm not married to it if you want to call him evil.

Nor am I blind to the willful delusions of the right. I know the bulk of the right is incapable of changing their opinions on politics, economics, and social policy because of emotional and psychological factors. The majority of conservatives are incapable of admitting their parent was a racist or sexist or homophobe, let alone that they are one. They will always retreat into their fictitious world -- we see it here every day with posters who are thoughtful and moral until their prejudices are activated.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  The Left did vote...problem is the Left is concentrated in the larger cities Outstate is a crapshoot at best. A lot of them voted against their interests last election because they fell for Trump's BS about opening mines and giving jobs to Americans. They forgot it is the Dems in this state that make sure they have employment protection, unemployment and insurance.
                  Well then they deserve to take it in the shorts. Getting tired of people complaining who don't want to do the basic fundamental chore of democracy, which is actually participating in an election. I don't believe GOP map makers gerrymandered Minnesota, so either its voters get their heads out of their arses or turn into Wisconsin, another place where the left has either fallen asleep or is too cool to vote in elections.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Instead of always blaming the right for the left's election failings, maybe you should:
                    (a) run better candidates
                    (b) stop being condescending of those who disagree with you
                    (c) get out and vote.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Instead of always blaming the right for the left's election failings, maybe you should:
                      (c) get out and vote.
                      (a) Yes.
                      (b) Stop deserving it.
                      (c) Yes.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        (a) Yes.
                        (b) Stop deserving it.
                        (c) Yes.
                        (b) What? Disagreeing? Our country is not the Borg Collective.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          (c) get out and vote.
                          Respect is earned, not granted by default.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            (c) get out and vote.
                            Stop voting against your own interests because of abortion, and I'll stop being condescending. Deal?

Comment

Well then they deserve to take it in the shorts. Getting tired of people complaining who don't want to do the basic fundamental chore of democracy, which is actually participating in an election. I don't believe GOP map makers gerrymandered Minnesota, so either its voters get their heads out of their arses or turn into Wisconsin, another place where the left has either fallen asleep or is too cool to vote in elections.
                              WI is gerrymandered and they have voter ID so it's not quite that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                and they have voter ID
                                While this is true, and it's obviously just the New Jim Crow, we have to join the battle and ensure every single person in the country has a valid voter ID card.

The Republicans will keep on making it harder and harder to vote in order to steal elections, but each time if we can't overturn their bullsh-t we have to beat them at their own game and ensure a higher percentage of our voters are prepared than theirs.

Note also that there is a ceiling (floor?) effect on GOP voter suppression. Their base is very stupid and pretty poor. They can only make the machinery so complex before they start peeling off their own.

Yes, these measures are disgusting and we have to fight them. But in the meantime we have to beat them at their own rules. It's no surprise what they are doing. We have no excuse if we let them beat us this way.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X