X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Feel like I'm missing something, but he was, wasn't he? Not that it matters, of course.
    Its possible I misread the story but I didnt see that confirmed. (mea culpa if it was) That not withstanding the whole implication makes no sense. If he was a sick pedo then he is a sick pedo now.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Its possible I misread the story but I didnt see that confirmed. (mea culpa if it was) That not withstanding the whole implication makes no sense. If he was a sick pedo then he is a sick pedo now.
      He was a Democrat when it was convenient to be a Democrat in Alabama, then he became a Republican when it became convenient to be a Republican in Alabama. As I recall reading, he switched parties sometime in the early to mid 1990's, but I agree with you. Once a creep, always a creep.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        He was a Democrat when it was convenient to be a Democrat in Alabama, then he became a Republican when it became convenient to be a Republican in Alabama. As I recall reading, he switched parties sometime in the early to mid 1990's, but I agree with you. Once a creep, always a creep.
        In the '80s and '90s a ton of Dixiecrat pols switched from D to R. It was expedient because the Solid South was flipping, but it was also ideologically consistent because the GOP was vacuuming up all the racist, fundy f-cks who used to be Democrats.

US politics has three groups of roughly one-third each: I liberals, II socially tolerant fiscal conservatives, and III "populists" (a.k.a. racist, sexist, fundy wackadoodles).

Up until the late '60s the D's held I and III and the R's held II.
        From the late '60s through the early '10s the D's held I and the R's held II and III.
        Now it looks as though we are moving to an alignment where the D's hold I and II and the R's hold III.
        Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2017, 10:22 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Gotcha. Then I apologize for my misleading title
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Tax cut plan as popular as GOP health care bill
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Boom! goes the endowments!!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...bgO/story.html
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Moore's attorney says dating underage girls is OK because minorities: https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/930837883732287488

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Moore's attorney says dating underage girls is OK because minorities: https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/930837883732287488
                  I heard them talking about that on MSNBC. Wow.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sue's got some questions.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Sue's got some questions.
                      Sue is right. Sue also has a background in Health Care. The Redumblicans might want to listen to Susan.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Sue is right. Sue also has a background in Health Care. The Redumblicans might want to listen to Susan.
                        Sue has concerns... but it's not necessarily a deal breaker.

I still think this is all a set up. They remove the Medicare poison pill at the end of the process and, HEY, DID YOU SEE THAT, THEY NEGOTIATED A BETTER DEAL!!!!

And then they back the trucks up to the treasury, which was the whole point in the first place...

This is nothing but smash and grab. When the poor steal they use guns; when the middle class steal they use lawyers, when the rich steal they use Congress.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Christ on a cracker, Sabato just updated the AL Senate seat to...

leans D.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I wouldn't go that far just yet. Alabama GOP is standing by him as well as his nutter base. I'd feel better if there was a credible write in effort by the Goopers in order to really stick a shiv in his back, but thus far both Strange and Sessions are blowing that off, and Mo Brooks (the 3rd knuck' in the primary) is re-affirming his Moore endorsement.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Christ on a cracker, Sabato just updated the AL Senate seat to...

leans D.
                              Is it Cook or Sabato that's considered the gold standard for tracking and predicting Congressional and Senate races?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh dear god. Watch the presser that's going on right now with Roy Moore's attorney. If you can't, look for it tonight on YouTube. It's... wow. And we're like two minutes in...
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X