This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

I highly recommend everyone try to find the MSNBC interview from MTP Daily of Sam Nunberg, former trump aide. It’s brutal.

Wait until the host asks him if he would support Moore if Moore had committed these crimes against his sister
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Not as a teacher.
      That's my point, so why go there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...50342?lo=ap_b1

The one thing that struck me from this article was that Mitt Romney is 70!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can you imagine Romney in the Senate in 2019 with his view on Trump?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

The children don't know to look at the costs and expected salary of their future professions, instead being sold on a school by its charms and amenities. Parents aren't doing their jobs of shepherding their children into adulthood. That's why we're seeing the tuition debt mess we're seeing now.

There are reasons I chose SCSU, a big part of that was it was truly a cheaper option in 1995 than most other schools at $5500/year for tuition, books, other fees, and room and board. I graduated with a student debt figure that looked like a cheap used car's loan.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...50342?lo=ap_b1

The one thing that struck me from this article was that Mitt Romney is 70!
              And yet Nancy Pelosi can call him "young man". Yeesh.

We have Boomers trying to run a Millennial world.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The children don't know to look at the costs and expected salary of their future professions, instead being sold on a school by its charms and amenities. Parents aren't doing their jobs of shepherding their children into adulthood. That's why we're seeing the tuition debt mess we're seeing now.

There are reasons I chose SCSU, a big part of that was it was truly a cheaper option in 1995 than most other schools at $5500/year for tuition, books, other fees, and room and board. I graduated with a student debt figure that looked like a cheap used car's loan.
                My kid went to an expensive private school, he has a ton of debt and he had lots of scholarship money. I think in his case it was worth it. others including Fade don't think so. His skills and knowledge are above others he is competing with in the aeronautical world.

Comment

My kid went to an expensive private school, he has a ton of debt and he had lots of scholarship money. I think in his case it was worth it. others including Fade don't think so. His skills and knowledge are above others he is competing with in the aeronautical world.
                  I went to college not knowing what I wanted for a degree. Instead of plodding through an expensive school for a degree that may not end up being worth much, I took the risk at a cheap school instead, that was about half the cost of the U of MN at the time.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I went to college not knowing what I wanted for a degree. Instead of plodding through an expensive school ...
                    < ding ding ding >

Winner!

If you have a plan, an expensive school works. If you're going to college because you're supposed to, go low-cost until you figure it out.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I went to college not knowing what I wanted for a degree. Instead of plodding through an expensive school for a degree that may not end up being worth much, I took the risk at a cheap school instead, that was about half the cost of the U of MN at the time.
                      I went the cheap route also, probably the only choice I had as I wasn't a great student in High School. I had 0 debt, helped my father was an employee at said school and tuition was about 500 bucks a semester Books cost more

Comment

And this is why 14 years post college graduation, I’m only now getting my masters. Took me that long to decide what I wanted to do, which makes the cost worth it to me.
                        I also left a private out of state school after a year in undergrad to transfer to the U of M for in state tuition and saved myself a lot of debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          < ding ding ding >

Winner!

If you have a plan, an expensive school works. If you're going to college because you're supposed to, go low-cost until you figure it out.
                          Based on my own experience I would take it a step further and say that if you're just there because it's what you're supposed to do, anything beyond generals at a cc isn't smart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            1. Pick a college based on the career path and pay that career will provide. Want to be a teacher? Pick a low-cost state school. Same for social work. Want to be an engineer? Depending on your area of study a public (like UND) or a private (like RPI) will work. Want to be a private practice lawyer? Find a private school where you can make the right connections. It blows me away when I see kids going to MIAC schools (e.g. Concordia in Moorhead) for $30k a year with majors of elementary ed, or social work, or even nursing. That just won't work fiscally. You've boat-anchored your fiscal life.

2. They talked about something other than "race" and "diversity" at a MDE event*? Really? (Or was it sponsored by Minnesota Dept of Ed?) I thought all MDE could talk about is how Minnesota's educational system is "white privilege" based with "colonialist" values. And before anyone jumps me for that: I saw the PowerPoint slides from the event. Those are quotes. (I have my spies and minions.)

*They probably should as Minnesota has the second largest gap (of the 50 states) between whites and minorities when it comes to reading and math test scores. Again, I've seen the reports. Spies. Minions. However, they're spending a lot of time talking race and not enough time (<-- my biased opinion, it comes mainly from one of my spies) working on putting systems in place that'll impact kids. They're < bleeping > around for a full year "analyzing data" and forming ESSA plans and figuring out which schools to help before actually getting help on the ground, to the schools, from the REAs and Centers of Excellence. That must be what they call ... (wait for it) ... Minnesota Nice.
                            Nice try...there are no cheap schools anymore. Even the State Schools (where I teach) arent exactly cheap anymore.

And the ridiculous plan the Republicans have that will make school more expensive along with their tax cut stupidity that will waive the student loan interest write off will make it better. The Right is going to make this country so indebted and and stupid it boggles the mind.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There are advantages but not as many as you would think. But also remember not everyone knows what they are going to do when they go to college so they might already be pot committed ya know.

There is zero excuse for the rates colleges charge now. The Republican Wet Dream of for profit college is killing education at all levels.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                And this is why 14 years post college graduation, I’m only now getting my masters. Took me that long to decide what I wanted to do, which makes the cost worth it to me.
                                I also left a private out of state school after a year in undergrad to transfer to the U of M for in state tuition and saved myself a lot of debt.
                                Nowadays you wouldnt save much. Tuition at the U is ridiculous
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X