This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I dont see Al resigning unless the ethics investigation goes badly. There isnt a huge groundswell of people begging for it in state. This will probably be his last term though.

Now if things go sideways and he does then I hope Tim Walz runs so he doesnt screw up the Gubernatorial Election for Chris Coleman. Walz moving from Rep to Senator I can deal...I dont want him leaving the House to try for Governor.
    Does the Gov. appoint an interim until a special election or is it straight to a special?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Does the Gov. appoint an interim until a special election or is it straight to a special?
      The governor appoints. The last time it was invoked here was when Wellstone passed and Gov. Turnbuckle appointed one of his Ind. Party guys. The GOP held the Senate with a sizeable majority at the time, so it didn't really change the power structure at all.

ETA: Russ Barkley, IMS.
      ETA2: Dean Barkley
      Last edited by St. Clown; 11-20-2017, 11:18 AM.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The governor appoints. The last time it was invoked here was when Wellstone passed and Gov. Turnbuckle appointed one of his Ind. Party guys. The GOP held the Senate with a sizeable majority at the time, so it didn't really change the power structure at all.

ETA: Russ Barkley, IMS.
        Dean Barkley.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Presidents Mouthpiece Wants Moore to Win Because He Will Vote For Tax Cuts!

It is one thing for morons in Bama to say this stuff...but Kellyanne Conway who is part of the White House? Nice job!

Stuff like this shows me they dont have the votes right now...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oddly enough I don't see how a "Vote Moore for Tax Cuts for the Rich" plays in Alabama. Its sorta the weakest card they can play, far less effective than the "Vote for Moore or dem dar librals are gonna take over" schtick.

Regarding Franken he's on extremely thin ice. Thought he'd survive with the first one because the woman accepted his apology and if it was a one time incident he could play that down. 2nd one gets him into the creeper zone, or at least the George HW Bush award for best old guy still grabbing butts.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

More positive news on the Roy Moore Tax Cut.

The repeal and revision of higher-education tax benefits in the bill passed Thursday by the House would cost students and families more than $71 billion over the next decade, according to an official analysis by Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation.
              Good plan. The economy hums when people come out of college in debt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1561c9a10831
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So I can't figure out if we've reached the tipping point yet, or if the Dems can correct this mess. I fear even with a best outcome 2020, Dems will just be spinning their wheels to try and fix this mess.

I don't want to just let ol' Dumpy have his way, but can we just hit bottom already? I'm starting to get wore down reading every new way Trump's Grand Old Party is finding to fu** everyone.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  More positive news on the Roy Moore Tax Cut.

Good plan. The economy hums when people come out of college in debt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1561c9a10831
                  My girlfriend was at the Education Minnesota conference this weekend...the amount of debt teachers have now coming out of college (unless they go to State Schools) is unsustainable with the pay they get. It is downright scary...they are going to be paying off their loans until they are retired.

But hey college as a for profit deal is great...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    My girlfriend was at the Education Minnesota conference this weekend...the amount of debt teachers have now coming out of college (unless they go to State Schools) is unsustainable with the pay they get. It is downright scary...they are going to be paying off their loans until they are retired.

Don't go to St. Mary's University in Apple Valley for a degree. Everyone should know that. Well, anybody who bothers to do an honest cost-benefit analysis would tell you that.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

One of my kids is going down this track. Good thing she has a dad who cares more about her economic future than his own.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        So I can't figure out if we've reached the tipping point yet, or if the Dems can correct this mess. I fear even with a best outcome 2020, Dems will just be spinning their wheels to try and fix this mess.

I don't want to just let ol' Dumpy have his way, but can we just hit bottom already? I'm starting to get wore down reading every new way Trump's Grand Old Party is finding to fu** everyone.
                        So, you've got a few things benefiting the country. First there's signs that lefties have figured out the virtues of actually voting. While complaining is always nice, it doesn't substitute for getting likeminded candidates elected even if they don't conform to 100% of your wishes. Next, the public wholeheartedly rejected cutting Medicare and Medicaid to pay for tax cuts for billionaires. Finally, much like the ACA debate people seem to be fully aware that the whole tax cut debate is a giant con to give money to Trump campaign contributors and the man himself. Tax cuts used to be popular regardless. Finally people are seeing through all the BS and spin for themselves.

Can't tell you what that means for 2020 as Chump will change his stripes in a minute if he needs to, but for 2018 there's a lot of Gooper reps who voted to raise taxes on their constituents while cutting their health care. Not sure how you run for re-election on that.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Oddly enough I don't see how a "Vote Moore for Tax Cuts for the Rich" plays in Alabama. Its sorta the weakest card they can play, far less effective than the "Vote for Moore or dem dar librals are gonna take over" schtick.

Regarding Franken he's on extremely thin ice. Thought he'd survive with the first one because the woman accepted his apology and if it was a one time incident he could play that down. 2nd one gets him into the creeper zone, or at least the George HW Bush award for best old guy still grabbing butts.
                          Now it's "Vote for Moore or the Gay Terrorists win."
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Why would they go there then? Will they make more money than a state school grad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Why would they go there then? Will they make more money than a state school grad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Not as a teacher.

Comment

My girlfriend was at the Education Minnesota conference this weekend...the amount of debt teachers have now coming out of college (unless they go to State Schools) ....
                                1. Pick a college based on the career path and pay that career will provide. Want to be a teacher? Pick a low-cost state school. Same for social work. Want to be an engineer? Depending on your area of study a public (like UND) or a private (like RPI) will work. Want to be a private practice lawyer? Find a private school where you can make the right connections. It blows me away when I see kids going to MIAC schools (e.g. Concordia in Moorhead) for $30k a year with majors of elementary ed, or social work, or even nursing. That just won't work fiscally. You've boat-anchored your fiscal life.

2. They talked about something other than "race" and "diversity" at a MDE event*? Really? (Or was it sponsored by Minnesota Dept of Ed?) I thought all MDE could talk about is how Minnesota's educational system is "white privilege" based with "colonialist" values. And before anyone jumps me for that: I saw the PowerPoint slides from the event. Those are quotes. (I have my spies and minions.)

*They probably should as Minnesota has the second largest gap (of the 50 states) between whites and minorities when it comes to reading and math test scores. Again, I've seen the reports. Spies. Minions. However, they're spending a lot of time talking race and not enough time (<-- my biased opinion, it comes mainly from one of my spies) working on putting systems in place that'll impact kids. They're < bleeping > around for a full year "analyzing data" and forming ESSA plans and figuring out which schools to help before actually getting help on the ground, to the schools, from the REAs and Centers of Excellence. That must be what they call ... (wait for it) ... Minnesota Nice.
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-20-2017, 04:40 PM.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X