Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

From everything, including reality.

Re: 115th Congress: On Permanent Vacation

2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

I still think Moore pulls this thing out. GOP still has a month to find some far more trivial skeleton in his opponent's closet, and that will be just enough for Moore to flip the script to bring the people seated on the fence back over to his side. I'd also expect some polling location shenanigans in the heavily black districts.

Finally, never put it past 'Bama to be 'Bama. It's a completely different world there and in MS, even compared to the rest of the South.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

LOL. Gateway Pundidiot is already hard at work trying to discredit the 5th accuser.

Meanwhile, even Calgary Ted has pulled his support.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I still think Moore pulls this thing out. GOP still has a month to find some far more trivial skeleton in his opponent's closet, and that will be just enough for Moore to flip the script to bring the people seated on the fence back over to his side. I'd also expect some polling location shenanigans in the heavily black districts.

Finally, never put it past 'Bama to be 'Bama. It's a completely different world there and in MS, even compared to the rest of the South.
    I'm sticking to my 5% win. It'd be 25% if it was Strange.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Lucia Apologist

To a sweeter more beautiful thread I could not subscribe.

Roy Moore should be done, and never show his face in public again, but I'll bet this will have no effect on the election.

Oh this gets better and better. The "letter" that was supposedly signed by 50+ pastors in support of Moore and posted to Facebook by his wife over the weekend, was apparently an old letter, from before the GOP primary and before the accusations began. 2 pastors have said they did not give his wife permission to use their names, and have asked to be removed.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-14-2017 at 01:37 AM.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Of course he will pull it out. Those nitwits down there will completely buy into the whole "fake news" thing on this and pray for the "false accusations" to stop.

Now even Paul Ryan is calling for Moore to leave the race.

"He should step aside," Ryan said during his news conference. "Number one, these allegations are credible. Number two, if he cares about the values that he claims to care about, then he should step aside."

I think we already know that Moore doesn't care about Ryan's number two.

When you are so awful Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz think you need to step aside...well you better hope there aint an afterlife cause you are going to burn
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by dave122793 View Post
    Now even Paul Ryan is calling for Moore to leave the race.

"He should step aside," Ryan said during his news conference. "Number one, these allegations are credible. Number two, if he cares about the values that he claims to care about, then he should step aside."

I think we already know that Moore doesn't care about Ryan's number two.
    Mr. Moore takes his directions from Gawd, not Paul Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Mr. Moore takes his directions from Gawd, not Paul Ryan.
    TEH DEBIL put those hussies in his path as a temptation. So really, Moore is the victim here...

How did my Fox audition go?

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

I'd say Moore is 50/50 to win this. Goopers could in fact ensure his defeat by running credible write in candidate like Strange to split the vote but that means electing a Democrat and most conservatives would prefer having a pedophile. Not like they haven't had some who buggers kiddies as their leader before (see Hastert, Dennis).

Kicking him out of the Senate with the full force of Bannon-Brietbart behind him is going to be a hoot, especially when he turns around and runs again! Getting kicked off the Hillbilly Supreme Court didn't stop him from coming back to it, and I doubt a Senate expulsion will either.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'd say Moore is 50/50 to win this. Goopers could in fact ensure his defeat by running credible write in candidate like Strange to split the vote but that means electing a Democrat and most conservatives would prefer having a pedophile. Not like they haven't had some who buggers kiddies as their leader before (see Hastert, Dennis).

Kicking him out of the Senate with the full force of Bannon-Brietbart behind him is going to be a hoot, especially when he turns around and runs again! Getting kicked off the Hillbilly Supreme Court didn't stop him from coming back to it, and I doubt a Senate expulsion will either.
    There's no way they kick him out of the Senate. If he wins, he's in. Dump is president, for god's sake.

I think he's 60/40. I would not doubt the Echo Chamber finds a way to assure their captives, er, viewers that Moore is just the innocent, godly victim of a Vast Liberal Conspiracy. And Hillary! And George Soros!! SQUIRREL!!!

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    There's no way they kick him out of the Senate. If he wins, he's in. Dump is president, for god's sake.

I think he's 60/40. I would not doubt the Echo Chamber finds a way to assure their captives, er, viewers that Moore is just the innocent, godly victim of a Vast Liberal Conspiracy. And Hillary! And George Soros!! SQUIRREL!!!
    I think its possible they kick him out of the Senate if they think he'll get too much in the way of the Grand Theft Nation that they have going on. Roy Moore becoming entrenched in his Senate seat and refusing to vote on tax cuts for billionaires unless detention camps for gays are part of the legislation is a disaster for Itch and crew. Hence their real motivation for trying to get rid of him. That's why I think they might just subvert his candidacy. Yeah, you'd have to deal with a Dem for another 2 years but they ought to be able to pick it back up in 2020 and its not like Moore would be a reliable vote if he won the seat anyway.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think its possible they kick him out of the Senate if they think he'll get too much in the way of the Grand Theft Nation that they have going on. Roy Moore becoming entrenched in his Senate seat and refusing to vote on tax cuts for billionaires unless detention camps for gays are part of the legislation is a disaster for Itch and crew.
    Well for one thing by the time he takes his seat The Heist will have been passed so the Eldritch Gods will be appeased.

And even so, Moore may be a lunatic, but he is a Republican lunatic -- he's not going to get in the way of feeding the middle class into the ravenous jaws of Jabba the Donor. That's what those guys do for a living -- it's their central organizing principle. Not to mention that as soon as he has his seat the Wingnut Gravy Train will start dropping off 12-year olds at his office in exchange for votes.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

TEH DEBIL put those hussies in his path as a temptation. So really, Moore is the victim here...

How did my Fox audition go?
    This take might land you a show starting at 2 am when your target audience has finally fallen asleep, and concluding at 4am right before they wake up to pee. For a better time slot you would need to blame Demoncrats, and to get in prime time you'd have to link it to 6HI6LLA6RY

Kichizapi Chetan

(Author's note: I originally posted this in the POTUS thread; it fits here also.)

It's politics.
    It's the South.
    It's the guy in power.
    It seems all too common.
    No matter the side of the aisle.

We've seen the pattern before with a Southern governor who walked away unscathed.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...crimes/545729/

I'm surprised "The Atlantic" sees (their words) a "reckoning" for him at this point.
    The party needs to come to terms with the fact that it was so enraptured by their brilliant, Big Dog president and his stunning string of progressive accomplishments that it abandoned some of its central principles. The party was on the wrong side of history and there are consequences for that. Yet expedience is not the only reason to make this public accounting. If it is possible for politics and moral behavior to coexist, then this grave wrong needs to be acknowledged. If Weinstein and Mark Halperin and Louis C.K. and all the rest can be held accountable, so can our former president and so can his party, which so many Americans so desperately need to rise again.

Roy Moore's political career deserves to become Ol' Roy; however, we've seen the pattern of escape happen for politicians in the South.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

When Southern politicos are exposed as unsavory it's normally by northern media outlets.

Is part of the issue "them **** Yankees" and the South sticks with their guy?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Of course he will pull it out...
    I don't think Moore has ever pulled it out.

Thread Information