Re: Princeton 2017-18

Congrats to CHN's team of the week.
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Princeton.php

Good luck this weekend !!

Comment

So this little bit jumped out at me at the end of the season:

http://www.uscho.com/conference/ecac/

We're had 4 of the top ten scorers in the league this year, and three of them are returning next year. So while we just about broke even this season, the possibilities are *endless* next year.

Comment

Congrats to Princeton !!!! I hope we don't have to face you in the next round.

Comment

Nice job taking care of business, good luck going forward.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Made the trip up for the game last night. A few thoughts:

Last night's game was indicative of the way Princeton has played the last few weeks. They didn't play scared, which they've done sometimes against good teams in close games throughout the season. Ferland played pretty well last night- from where I was sitting, it looked like he was screened on the first two goals. The third goal was a bad giveaway by a freshman defender. The aggressive forecheck in the last 10 minutes of the first period caught Union (and me) by surprise- not something you see often from Princeton in terms of its effectiveness, but it helped to generate the chance for the first goal. Union played disciplined the first two periods, not taking a penalty until the 3rd. Princeton will need to draw a few penalties early tonight. Robinson didn't have many chances to show off his speed last night- hoping for an odd-man rush or breakaway chance early tonight.

Concerned about Hallisey's injury. He left the ice after the kneeing penalty against Union, and didn't return. He will be sorely missed from their top power play line if he can't go.

Comment

Originally posted by makehobeyproud View Post
              Made the trip up for the game last night. A few thoughts:

Last night's game was indicative of the way Princeton has played the last few weeks. They didn't play scared, which they've done sometimes against good teams in close games throughout the season. Ferland played pretty well last night- from where I was sitting, it looked like he was screened on the first two goals. The third goal was a bad giveaway by a freshman defender. The aggressive forecheck in the last 10 minutes of the first period caught Union (and me) by surprise- not something you see often from Princeton in terms of its effectiveness, but it helped to generate the chance for the first goal. Union played disciplined the first two periods, not taking a penalty until the 3rd. Princeton will need to draw a few penalties early tonight. Robinson didn't have many chances to show off his speed last night- hoping for an odd-man rush or breakaway chance early tonight.

Concerned about Hallisey's injury. He left the ice after the kneeing penalty against Union, and didn't return. He will be sorely missed from their top power play line if he can't go.
              Congrats on last night's come from behind W over Union...putting up five against them is very hard to do. I hope you stay on the "beat" as this team deserves some press. I will always stand by my previous posts about Princeton which has been all positive! Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Halloweenman View Post
                  Huh.
                  Yep.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

In the words of Ron Burgundy- that escalated quickly.

Still processing this game. Princeton played the last half of that game the same way they played Cornell/Union in the regular season- in their defensive zone, trying not to lose, and usually losing late. Only this time, they counterpunched a few times and finally got one through. Wish I could have been in the building for this one tonight!

Last time Princeton made the conference finals, it was in Albany, Guy Gadowsky was head coach, and they lost to Cornell in double overtime. Friday is going to be fun. These seniors won it tonight, and they deserve this- Grabowski had some key blocks, glad that Robinson had a SHG on a breakaway, but just as happy that Hallisey had the GWG after that knee-on-knee hit last night- he was a game time decision tonight.

Comment

It looks like we're playing Cornell in the semis?

Re. the game: we looked suuuuuper sluggish in the second period. I'm not sure that's a winning formula -- we were lucky to have we punched through in the last...was it minute? of play. There's no telling what would have happened if Union had forced overtime, and I'm glad to have avoided the experience.

Excited that the team made it to the last weekend of the season, it has been too long. I suppose the NCAAs are still a long shot, but hey, weirder things have happened. Can't wait until next weekend.
                      Last edited by Halloweenman; 03-10-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halloweenman View Post
                        It looks like we're playing Cornell in the semis?
                        I believe so. Cornell is the top seed, and Princeton is the lowest remaining seed. If I'm reading correctly, it will be the 4PM game on Friday, too.

Update- CHN app is showing Princeton/Cornell, Friday at 4:07PM.

Comment

Congrats on punching your ticket to Lake Placid! Hope to join you there!

Comment

Great sweep, knock off Cornell please!
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by makehobeyproud View Post
                              Friday at 4:07PM.
                              That is *really* precise.

Also, yay!

Comment

Congratulations sweeping a good Union team. Best wishes in Lake Placid!

Comment

Working...
                                X