Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    A childhood friend of Dr. Mrs. is a notable chef in San Diego -- ...
    Might I recommend Anthony Bordains' "Kitchen Confidential." The wife told me bits of it when she read it years ago. I recall one anecdote of his where a bride at a wedding went into the kitchen to see how dinner was coming along, and Bordain found himself outside banging her.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Might I recommend Anthony Bordains' "Kitchen Confidential." The wife told me bits of it when she read it years ago. I recall one anecdote of his where a bride at a wedding went into the kitchen to see how dinner was coming along, and Bordain found himself outside banging her.
      Bourdain wasn't the one banging her. He was a fry cook at the time, working at a two-bit restaurant in Provincetown, MA, and he witnessed the head chef going at it with her.

His first job out of CIA was working at the Rainbow Room up in 30 Rock. His first month, he was harassed by an alcoholic gay kitchen manager, until one day he stabbed the guy's hand when he went in for a grab.

Comment

Speaking of Tony, he keeps it short and to the point in this article.

https://medium.com/@Bourdain/on-reac...s-28bc2c4b9adc

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          If you worked in the restaurant business, no matter what level, or what gender, by today's standards, you were harassed. I will stand by that statement. Off-color comment, physical activity, whatever. There was at least SOME dialogue that would be frowned upon in today's world. And I guarantee it's still going on.
          The pen15 puppets?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            The pen15 puppets?
            I never witnessed or heard about that at the places I worked. LOTS of innuendo, even some blatant comments, maybe a grab-arse here and there, and of course, all restaurant people do is date each other because of the odd hours/schedules, so that always leads to something.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I never witnessed or heard about that at the places I worked. LOTS of innuendo, even some blatant comments, maybe a grab-arse here and there, and of course, all restaurant people do is date each other because of the odd hours/schedules, so that always leads to something.
              Someone's never seen Waiting.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Dr. Mrs. was the hostess at a restaurant in Sedona one summer. According to her the kitchen staff (all men in the twenties) and waitresses (all girls in their teens) completed a perfect round robin in the 2 months she worked there. It's the most over-sexed environment I've ever heard of and I've been in theater.

It's got everything you need: aggressive males, females chosen for looks, odd hours, terrible working conditions, esprit de corps, and easy access to alcohol. They also get the "don't hit on the guests" speech from Dirty Dancing, so there are only so many options.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-13-2017, 02:27 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Waiting" is more of a documentary than most people realize.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Dr. Mrs. was the hostess at a restaurant in Sedona one summer. According to her the kitchen staff (all men in the twenties) and waitresses (all girls in their teens) completed a perfect round robin in the 2 months she worked there. It's the most over-sexed environment I've ever heard of and I've been in theater.

It's got everything you need: aggressive males, females chosen for looks, odd hours, terrible working conditions, esprit de corps, and easy access to alcohol. They also get the "don't hit on the guests" speech from Dirty Dancing, so there are only so many options.

Kep cracks Mookie up
                    Only “aggressive” males have sex
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Um, ah, Harvey, in a word: No.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Worldwide Leader. Xposted in the ESPN thread

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...yGM/story.html
                        Last edited by joecct; 12-14-2017, 05:52 PM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Don’t cross post. It scrambles the conversation.

What does he article say? Its behind the paywall.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Don’t cross post. It scrambles the conversation.

What does he article say? Its behind the paywall.
                            Usually the Globe gives you 10 free ones a month. Try googling in using ESPN and Boston Globe.

Bucci was a bad boy. Female anchors cut short maternity leave for fear of losing job. One anchored a Sports center while having a miscarriage.

Frat boy atmosphere.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Holy ****

She anchored while she was going through a miscarriage? That’s horrible.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh my god. It is so much worse than I imagined.

https://deadspin.com/boston-globe-re...min-1821309239
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X