Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Pretty sure the technicality was Scientology...
    Would not surprise me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Would not surprise me.
      This is all kind of exhausting, and some innocent people will no doubt be the victims of false accusations. There will also be some people like Al Franken who are guilty of stupid, disrespectful, wrongful conduct that is not outright sexual assault (technically battery perhaps) and own up to it like they should but will pay a steep price anyway. In the big picture, though, some of those injustices have to happen for a cultural change to take place, even if it won't be as complete or "just" as we'd like it to be. There is nothing wrong with being an older white male, and sexual assault is not just about that demographic, but the fiefdom we have created is gonna change, and it should. We all know people will always abuse power, on a personal level and as members of a class, but that is no reason to just accept it. We suppressed black people, women, gays, the poor, native americans, to name only a few, as long as we could and did not stop willingly. We never do, because we are always right.

And I get that white maleness is not the culprit--excessive power is. But we have been holding the conch for the last ___ centuries, and it's being wrestled from our hands. And that, is seems to me, is a good thing.
      Last edited by burd; 12-06-2017, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        wrongful conduct that is not outright sexual assault .....
        oh please, do go on...... enlighten the masses....
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          oh please, do go on...... enlighten the masses....
          I'm not sure what you mean, but in Wisconsin the acts he committed (thinking azz-grabbing mostly) would probably not be prosecuted as even a 4th degree sexual assault (Class A misdemeanor). Should they? Maybe, and they will probably will more often in the future. He would clearly be open to a civil battery claim.

Comment

I know I’ve said it once before, but in Minnesota, touching the butt over the clothes isn’t by itself illegal.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

#MeToo named Time's person of the year- http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

Comment

2008 Friars roast of Lauer is pretty interesting. You can bet some folks who were there are going down
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Warren Moon
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Warren Moon
                    We can't start including professional athletes. The list would be too long.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      We can't start including professional athletes. The list would be too long.
                      Good thing someone has been doing that for years already!

http://nflarrest.com/crime/Sex/
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bryan Singer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...id=mailsignout
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Sadly that is hardly news...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The NBC execs saying "we didn't know" must not have attended the 2008 roast of Matt Lauer.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2008/10...of-dick-jokes/

The best humor is based from reality and there was a lot of reality there.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I give you Dustin Hoffman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...column-1062349
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Jesus. That's one of the most powerful things I have ever read.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X