Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    What's the cutoff for behavior, to let bygones be bygones?
    Whatever society decides.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Whatever society decides.
      In some cases, that's really sad. Ruin a person's career/life for something that was deemed (again, heavy on the quotes) "Okay" in the past?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Give me an example of something ok in the past that has ruined someone’s career
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

At one time it was considered acceptable to brag openly about grabbing women's puzzies.

Oh wait . . .

Comment

Seems like Morgan Freeman is falling into this....

Basically, allegations at the least, and proven bad behavior now, is enough to smear a person's livelihood. They resign, are fired, whatever.

Mind you, I'm NOT saying everyone is innocent, but all it takes is an allegation nowadays, not a conviction.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Seems like Morgan Freeman is falling into this....

Basically, allegations at the least, and proven bad behavior now, is enough to smear a person's livelihood. They resign, are fired, whatever.

Mind you, I'm NOT saying everyone is innocent, but all it takes is an allegation nowadays, not a conviction.
              Go fish

A young production assistant thought she had landed the job of her dreams when, in the summer of 2015, she started work on "Going In Style," a bank heist comedy starring Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin.

But the job quickly devolved into several months of harassment, she told CNN. She alleges that Freeman subjected her to unwanted touching and comments about her figure and clothing on a near-daily basis. Freeman would rest his hand on her lower back or rub her lower back, she said.
              In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-26-2018, 02:22 PM.
              Code:

Comment

You beat me to it. If lifting someone’s skirt was “ok” before then I don’t know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  You beat me to it. If lifting someone’s skirt was “ok” before then I don’t know what to say.
                  That's not ok.

My point is, there are some situations (many years ago) where something was just accepted, and in hindsight was not right. And today, all it takes is an allegation. Both cases, you're done. I don't think that is necessarily fair. Should the guilty be punished? No question (Harvey, Louis CK, etc).

Comment

I think in many cases it wasn’t accepted- but women Were discoraged from speaking out. Or fired.
                    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-26-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

That's not ok.

My point is, there are some situations (many years ago) where something was just accepted, and in hindsight was not right. And today, all it takes is an allegation. Both cases, you're done. I don't think that is necessarily fair. Should the guilty be punished? No question (Harvey, Louis CK, etc).
                      Name one person.
                      Code:

Comment

Aziz Ansari?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Has that really ruined his career? And it wasn’t something he did in the past that was acceptable but now isn’t.

I’ll give you there are some false accusations out there. But that’s not what Brent was claiming. He was claiming that people are having lives ruined because society is changing its standards on what it finds acceptable. That’s simply not the case.
                          Code:

Comment

It has definitely hurt his career and people still lump him in with the likes of Weinstein...

And technically yes...prior to #MeToo his story doesnt make any headlines and certainly doesnt get him roasted on a spire.

Ok how about Ben Affleck. When the Weinstein stuff broke a few intrepid "reporters" online went back and found a few incidents years ago where he hit on girls rather sleezily while drunk at a Hollywood party or two. (ranks right up there with KMSP going after Gopher Hockey players for drinking a a campus bar) Back then nothing was made of it (except to call him a creep) but now it became headlines because...reasons? Pitchfork Nation made it out to be since he knew Weinstein, and since he is an alcoholic who has cheated on his wife, and since he is kind of a playboy he obviously was assaulting them.

What the #MeToo movement hasnt been able to fix is that they dont differentiate between the degrees of what was done. Is Ben Affleck kind of a creep? Probably. Is Aziz Ansari kind of a -bag? Possibly. Should they be treated the same as Weinstein or CK or Kevin Spacey...HELL NO!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              It has definitely hurt his career and people still lump him in with the likes of Weinstein...

And technically yes...prior to #MeToo his story doesnt make any headlines and certainly doesnt get him roasted on a spire.

Ok how about Ben Affleck. When the Weinstein stuff broke a few intrepid "reporters" online went back and found a few incidents years ago where he hit on girls rather sleezily while drunk at a Hollywood party or two. (ranks right up there with KMSP going after Gopher Hockey players for drinking a a campus bar) Back then nothing was made of it (except to call him a creep) but now it became headlines because...reasons? Pitchfork Nation made it out to be since he knew Weinstein, and since he is an alcoholic who has cheated on his wife, and since he is kind of a playboy he obviously was assaulting them.

What the #MeToo movement hasnt been able to fix is that they dont differentiate between the degrees of what was done. Is Ben Affleck kind of a creep? Probably. Is Aziz Ansari kind of a -bag? Possibly. Should they be treated the same as Weinstein or CK or Kevin Spacey...HELL NO!
                              dingdingding

Comment

I agree with handy. But that’s sth not the same as saying things that used to be ok aren’t now.
                                I’m still gonna watch new season of ansari show

Comment

Working...
                                X