Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The problem is there are contracts involved and no real way to get out of them. How much money will it take to buy Ratner out? Should WB pay no matter how much it is? What if Ratner decides to be a jerk (there's a stretch) and says he isn't leaving for any price?

I applaud Gal for making the stand (if she really said this, has anyone else reported it?) but I wonder if the reality of the situation will force her hand. The arc of history may bend towards justice but it isn't there yet.
    Ratner is done and he is taking Tsujihira with him. WB wants to be sold to AT&T and they have already made it clear (from what is being rumored) that they want Ratner out or the deal is off. There is way more stories out there and he is well known for his behavior. He will get a mini payout to walk away or risk being completely Weinsteined.
    Last edited by Handyman; 11-14-2017, 02:12 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        "I shoulda reached higher"?

Was never convicted of raping/murdering Ms. Rappe, though his career was ruined for a number of years.

Willie Hearst made a fortune dragging Arbuckle through the mud.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Was never convicted of raping/murdering Ms. Rappe, though his career was ruined for a number of years.

Willie Hearst made a fortune dragging Arbuckle through the mud.
          Olive Thomas was at the same studio at the same time. Just sayin.

Though, to be fair, she broke into show business the old fashion way, and at 14, so maybe not so appropriate right now...

The fashions and hairstyles of the 1920s do not do anybody justice.
          Last edited by Kepler; 11-14-2017, 03:18 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Better get ready for three year's worth of movies starring Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks, directed by Ron Howard.
            Substitute Meg Ryan for Julia Roberts and we're good to go.

Comment

Substitute Meg Ryan for Julia Roberts and we're good to go.
              Speaking of Meg Ryan did she fall off the face of the earth. Dam I had the hots for her back in the day.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It turns out it doesn't matter if Gadot made the demand or not because Ratner won't be involved in financing WW2 anyway. His investment deal expires next spring.

Comment

It turns out it doesn't matter if Gadot made the demand or not because Ratner won't be involved in financing WW2 anyway. His investment deal expires next spring.
                  Yeah I forgot about that...and I know I read it the other day. That dude is scum...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Speaking of Meg Ryan did she fall off the face of the earth. Dam I had the hots for her back in the day.
                    In DOA she's great.

In everything else she's nothing special.

This has been the sexual assault thread.
                    Cornell University

Comment

didn't meg have some work done, that didn't exactly work out?!?!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        didn't meg have some work done, that didn't exactly work out?!?!
                        Yes. She ruined her lips.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Does Al Franken belong here, or in one of the politics threads?
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Congress
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sly.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Ok, here we go into the random thoughts of my mind:

During the "Mad Men" era, etc, men were harassing women left and right. Might be a leer, or a comment, or a grab-arse. It was acceptable during those days. Nothing was really thought of it (although OBVIOUSLY wrong). Should those men (and to be fair, women who did the same thing) be held accountable for those (since-changed) morals?

It's a tough subject, the social ethics have changed quite a bit in the last 50 years.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X