Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Nothing new, but Ryan Farrow (Mia's kid) fires salvos at Woody. Open the picture to read the broadside.

@RonanFarrow: All I’m going to say about efforts to deflect from my sister‘s allegations: https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/stat...742471/photo/1
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Nothing new, but Ryan Farrow (Mia's kid) fires salvos at Woody. Open the picture to read the broadside.

@RonanFarrow: All I’m going to say about efforts to deflect from my sister‘s allegations: https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/stat...742471/photo/1
      The problem with this is everybody except Mia and Ronan thinks it's a bunch of hooey.

I like RF's political journalistic work -- it's smart and it's not at all slapdash. But he's way, way too close to this to have any objectivity. It all comes across as Mommy Issues Up the Wazoo.

Just take your gorgeous Sinatra genes and be happy, dude.

Also: Mia as a "brave struggling single Mom raising her kids..."? FFS, she was just another privileged, rich as-shole with an entourage of nannies, plus wildly overestimated acting skills who was gifted a career by a director with extremely poor object choice.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-24-2018, 02:57 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So Harvey is apparently going to surrender to the police

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          So Harvey is apparently going to surrender to the police
          Has Elwood Dowd posted bail?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            A young lady approached CNN about it, and they ran with it from there, finding seven other women who told of the same/similar pattern.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/enter...ons/index.html
            Racist!!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Racist!!!
              Not racist, but blasphemy!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So George Takei’s accuser has revealed the assault “may not have actually happened”

Nice ****ing planet.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  So George Takei’s accuser has revealed the assault “may not have actually happened”

Nice ****ing planet.
                  Thrusters malfunctioned?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

More like a temporal lobe anomaly
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Close enough to Hollywood

@nbcwashington: The USC president has agreed to step down in the wake of sexual assault allegations against a campus doctor, according to the school. http://nbc4dc.com/XFHqDwv
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nice ****ing planet.
                        Ugh.

And with these situations that happened years ago, it wasn't necessarily harassment then. I mean, you perform certain actions now that were illegal then (or vice versa)...and now you have to pay the piper?

Very minor example:

If you address someone as "Hey, sweetie" now...hooboy. 30 years ago? No big deal. It was a regular occurrence. Didn't realize it was wrong. NOW we do, and try not to do that anymore.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The problem with this is everybody except Mia and Ronan thinks it's a bunch of hooey.

I like RF's political journalistic work -- it's smart and it's not at all slapdash. But he's way, way too close to this to have any objectivity. It all comes across as Mommy Issues Up the Wazoo.

Just take your gorgeous Sinatra genes and be happy, dude.

Also: Mia as a "brave struggling single Mom raising her kids..."? FFS, she was just another privileged, rich as-shole with an entourage of nannies, plus wildly overestimated acting skills who was gifted a career by a director with extremely poor object choice.
                          Actually plenty of people believe the story. I have heard and read plenty of interviews over the years with people who dont believe Woody one bit.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Ugh.

And with these situations that happened years ago, it wasn't necessarily harassment then. I mean, you perform certain actions now that were illegal then (or vice versa)...and now you have to pay the piper?

Very minor example:

If you address someone as "Hey, sweetie" now...hooboy. 30 years ago? No big deal. It was a regular occurrence. Didn't realize it was wrong. NOW we do, and try not to do that anymore.
                            No one is getting sued over, "Hey, sweetie".

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              No one is getting sued over, "Hey, sweetie".
                              That was just an example. What was deemed "acceptable" decades ago (a la "Mad Men") is definitely not okay now (heavy on the quotes, btw). What's the cutoff for behavior, to let bygones be bygones? Obviously something like rape should never ever be written off, but a slap on the butt? Sexually charged conversation/very inappropriate comments?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Freeman is pushing the “no violence no assault” program. Flirting (flirting!!!) ain’t nothing wrong
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X