Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Whats going on with John King? I haven't seen him on CNN in awhile and he hasn't tweeted in a couple weeks. Could he be in trouble?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Stan Lee accused of harassing his nurses.

Sources are lacking and it seems like the old man's not all there any more, but if there's substance behind it, argh.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Stan Lee accused of harassing his nurses.

Sources are lacking and it seems like the old man's not all there any more, but if there's substance behind it, argh.
        Are we really comfortable with throwing potentially senile, mentally confused elderly in the same bucket as the other scum? Not saying it is right for someone in that condition to harass or assault someone, but if a person is a good, up-standing person their whole life, and then gets Alzheimer's and grabs a nurse's *** when they don't even know what country they're in...I think I'd rather judge that person on what/who they were when they were completely mentally with-it. Its the same argument as finding severely mentally disturbed people innocent due to insanity. It isn't their fault.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Are we really comfortable with throwing potentially senile, mentally confused elderly in the same bucket as the other scum? Not saying it is right for someone in that condition to harass or assault someone, but if a person is a good, up-standing person their whole life, and then gets Alzheimer's and grabs a nurse's *** when they don't even know what country they're in...I think I'd rather judge that person on what/who they were when they were completely mentally with-it. Its the same argument as finding severely mentally disturbed people innocent due to insanity. It isn't their fault.
          Hopefully people with dementia have legal protections built in. It is certainly not a secret among caregivers that patients are often disconnected from anything except basic drives. There's lots of sex in nursing homes. Sorry for your dinner.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            From a conversation I had with an adult care professional while my mom was suffering through Alzheimer's, that's a somewhat common thing to have happen in nursing homes and adult daycare centers. The fact that this is being reported is a black eye on the facility caring for him.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              The fact that this is being reported is a black eye on the facility caring for him.
              No, no, that's a different old...

Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                From a conversation I had with an adult care professional while my mom was suffering through Alzheimer's, that's a somewhat common thing to have happen in nursing homes and adult daycare centers. The fact that this is being reported is a black eye on the facility caring for him.
                Yep, my mom worked in one of those for I don't know how many years.

You cannot imagine how proud those old dudes are when they manage the occasional erection, and how eager they are to show off the deed when it happens.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I have not one but two separate medical findings that my mother is unable to manage activities of daily living and should have her MPOA and POA activated. (They have been; tag, I'm it.)

Once someone is in that state, they are not in control of their faculties. They've been deemed incompetent. As such, as someone said, they are not responsible.

And as someone else said, "The fact that this is being reported is a black eye on the facility ..."

All that said, if Stan Lee has been diagnosed with dementia, his POA should be suing some folks for libel/slander.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I have not one but two separate medical findings that my mother is unable to manage activities of daily living and should have her MPOA and POA activated. (They have been; tag, I'm it.)

Once someone is in that state, they are not in control of their faculties. They've been deemed incompetent. As such, as someone said, they are not responsible.

And as someone else said, "The fact that this is being reported is a black eye on the facility ..."

All that said, if Stan Lee has been diagnosed with dementia, his POA should be suing some folks for libel/slander.
                    Just a small quibble. Capacity is determined by the medical field. Competence is determined by the courts.
                    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                      Just a small quibble. Capacity is determined by the medical field. Competence is determined by the courts.
                      And mookie’s shoe safety is determined by TSA.

Blind bumping into the blind being directed by the blind
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Aziz Ansari
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          The other side of the coin.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...ansari/550541/
                          https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ziz-ansari-ac/

Aziz got a raw deal.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Yeah the Aziz and James Franco stories just dont sit right with me. I mean I guess you could say they were d-bags a bit but nothing I have read on either tells me they deserve to be burned at the stake like Pitchfork Nation is currently doing. I am a 100% supporter of the #MeToo movement until they reach the point where they are just looking to destroy anyone they deem to be a pig. All you do is tarnish the movement if you do that.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yeah the Aziz and James Franco stories just dont sit right with me. I mean I guess you could say they were d-bags a bit but nothing I have read on either tells me they deserve to be burned at the stake like Pitchfork Nation is currently doing. I am a 100% supporter of the #MeToo movement until they reach the point where they are just looking to destroy anyone they deem to be a pig. All you do is tarnish the movement if you do that.
                              There's a lot of big time supporters of the MeToo movement harshly criticizing these stories (Ansari and Franco) for just that reason.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

And dont get me wrong, the guys are acting like jerks but they dont deserve to have their careers destroyed over it. If the threshold now is "I was dating a guy and he kept trying to get me to give him a BJ" then every teenage boy might as well just go celibate or risk destroying their life. (unless he was forceful then that is different)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X