Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hollywood Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

I saw an interesting comment on The Hill's coverage of Charlie Rose:
    Not to mention Rose is one of the greatest interviewers of all time, not at all excusing his behavior, because there is no excuse for it, but his interviews with presidents and scientists like Carl Sagan, shaped the 20th Century, what the fvck exactly are the Confederate Ayatollah of Alabama’s contributions to society that have made Republicans so eager to ride or die with a peder*****?
    I couldn't agree more with the first half of that sentence. But mostly wanted to share because of the bolded.

I watched CBS This Morning like I do every morning and it was heartbreaking to watch Norah and Gayle cover the story. Imagine one of your best friends is publicly exposed for some really serious allegations. That must have been a horrible call to get last night.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, the stuff Rose did was truly gross though. So, not to put too fine a point on it, f-ck him.

His (female) producer also knew everything and did nothing. She should go down, too.

Men and women alike contribute to rape culture. In this case it wasn't "a man can do no wrong," it was "my boss can do no wrong." We have to kill both those things with fire.
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-21-2017, 12:26 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Whoa. It's statutory when both are underage? (Or was the age 16?)

Really there should be a ratio test if they're going to use age at all. 16/15 is a helluva less serious than, say, 26/16. Or for that matter, 32/18.

I believe the Muzzies use n/2 + 7 for what's OK.

16/15
        18/16
        20/17
        22/18
        24/19
        26/20
        28/21
        30/22
        32/23
        34/24

That seems pretty reasonable to me. If I see 33/19 I'm thinking of calling the cops.
        16 is consent apparently.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

comprehensive
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I watched CBS This Morning like I do every morning and it was heartbreaking to watch Norah and Gayle cover the story. Imagine one of your best friends is publicly exposed for some really serious allegations. That must have been a horrible call to get last night.
            Listening to Marc Maron on his podcast discuss the Louie story was tough. Louie and him have been best friends since their early days of comedy in New York.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Men and women alike contribute to rape culture.
              Contribute? They enter into the culture jointly, and willingly, and it isn't a "rape" culture. I made this same argument before when discussing the Gretchen Carlson case, and my opinion is the same.

Hollywood was built entirely on a social contract whereby old, ugly, incredibly wealthy jewish men would get their diks sucked by beautiful young women, and in exchange they would make the women movie stars. The men were happy. The young women were happy. Everyone knew what the contract was and there was no problem finding takers. It's why there are no roles for women over 40 in the movies. It's also why movie stars look like Ana de Armas and not Andrea Dworkin.

All of the other similar examples, such as tv, politics, etc..., are just variations on the same theme. You think Monica really wanted Bill? She wanted the proximity to power that blowing the President gives you.

All of these are just various forms of prostitution, but the participants are too proud to admit it. Real sexual harassment exists, but it's not what is being portrayed in the media. It's the poor woman who signed up to sell burgers at McDonalds and the dirtbag manager with the ugly wife at home can't keep his hands to himself. Pretending the two cases are the same is the real travesty and injustice.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Some pixar dude just outed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Some Pixar dude? It was John ****ing lasseter.
                  Code:

Comment

Lasseter was probably the worst kept secret around. A lot of women had issues working for Disney because of the misogynistic d-bag.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m glad we’re outing a lot of these worst kept secrets. Seems to be a lot of them. I only heard of Weinstein. Never heard about the allegations of any of the others.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I’m glad we’re outing a lot of these worst kept secrets. Seems to be a lot of them. I only heard of Weinstein. Never heard about the allegations of any of the others.
                        Pretty sure it's contained (or at least was). Rumors, allegations, hints, etc, but at the time either nothing could be proven, or people didn't want to risk their jobs over gossip/being a victim.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I believe bb_dl defined that as (n+18)-n.

Can also be adjusted to (n+21)-n.
                          Simple math
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Simple math
                            I'm good with the half+7 rule. Of course, that means pretty soon I'll be approaching trophy wife status. Right now, it just puts me at cradle robber at worst.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I'm good with the half+7 rule. Of course, that means pretty soon I'll be approaching trophy wife status. Right now, it just puts me at cradle robber at worst.
                              you would make a fine trophy wife for someone
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                you would make a fine trophy wife for someone
                                Why, hello, Christie Brinkley.....

Comment

Working...
                                X