Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Re: 11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

How about Potsdam knocking off Brockport 6-4? What's to make of the SUNYAC this year?

Tuning in now to the third period of #1 v. #2

Adrian 1
    SNC 2

Geneseo 4-1 over Plattsburgh. The Knights 3rd period was a veritable clinic on playing with the lead against an offensively explosive team, and McDonald was back in his form from two years ago. Geneseo also showed some depth on defense, with Russell and Ferguson still out of action. Plattsburgh came out strong but definitely looked a pretty gassed at points, with Geneseo winning most of the 50/50 pucks during the last 30 mins or so. I'm sure the Cards will regroup like last year and the rematch should be very entertaining.

It's A Great Day For Hockey

Woooo.... SNC beats Adrian 4-3 in OT on a PP goal

SNC was up 3-2, but took a penalty and then a 5:00 major with 4:24 left in regulation. Adrian tied it with a 5 on 3 goal, sending it to OT.

SNC killed it off... then Adrian took a too many men penalty with about 90 seconds left. SNC scored with just under a minute left

Bg win ...
    Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 11-11-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 2017
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Rocking 'The Stone'

Quote Originally Posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

SNC was up 3-2, but took a penalty and then a 5:00 major with 4:24 left in regulation. Adrian tied it with a 5 on 3 goal, sending it to OT.

SNC killed it off... then Adrian took a too many men penalty with about 90 seconds left. SNC scored with just under a minute left

Bg win ...
    Freshman Peter Bates with the game winner!!
    SNC Men:
    Four Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014..
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017..
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

Bg win ...
    Watched the whole game. Two darn good hockey teams right there....

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    How about Potsdam knocking off Brockport 6-4? What's to make of the SUNYAC this year?

Tuning in now to the third period of #1 v. #2

Adrian 1
    SNC 2
    SUNYAC might be in for one of its most competitive years yet. Sure Oswego/Geneseo/Plattsburgh are favorites, but plenty of teams have shown ability or have already beaten those three in games.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Final
    Norwich 2
    Hobart 2

I was confused by the 5:00 major for interference too. Didn't matter though. You can say that Hobart dominated the penalty kill, that NU's powerplay was pathetic, or both. Cadets hit the post once, but otherwise never threatened for the entire overtime.
    Power play problems are a symptom of an inexperienced team early in the season. Seems like this happens to the Cadets when there is a big turnover in personnel
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Power play problems are a symptom of an inexperienced team early in the season. Seems like this happens to the Cadets when there is a big turnover in personnel
    They actually had done pretty well on the power play prior to yesterday.

One thing i continue to see in this team is the slow starts. Seven straight games including exhibitions without a first-period goal. If they can ever get that first period figured out, watch out.

The Downs/Salvucci/Jackson line has certainly emerged as a power house. Now, can they find another combination to form a true power top 6 group?

Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room. But it is great to have another high level team in the NEHC and it will be interesting to see how the league shakes out. Norwich, Hobart, UMASS Bobson, and Babson look like the strongest teams so far but NEC must be ready to make a move. The suprise in the league so far must be Castleton since they had such a strong finish last year.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Last night was my third time coaching at St. Norbert. Every time the fans have gotten more obnoxious. They were booing my players, especially Trevor Boyd. My players are class acts and deserve to be treated that way. I'm thankful we won't have to go back there this year. If we play them in the playoffs it will be at home because my team is clearly more superior.

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    Last night was my third time coaching at St. Norbert. Every time the fans have gotten more obnoxious. They were booing my players, especially Trevor Boyd. My players are class acts and deserve to be treated that way. I'm thankful we won't have to go back there this year. If we play them in the playoffs it will be at home because my team is clearly more superior.
    Nice try....but not really.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Seriously. Everyone knows the crowd at SNC doesn’t make any noise.

4x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West

Glad to see you back from your self-imposed moratorium. Since it's the Thanksgiving season I'm just thankful no one wearing a white jersey was crippled at any point in last night's game, although I'm willing to give the Bulldogs the benefit of the doubt they have turned over a new leaf.

Nice national championships...but not really

4x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    Nice national championships...but not really
    I wouldn't talk too smart just yet. Adrian definitely has a team that can win it.

What's up with gold jerseys on the road? Thought there was some rule about 3rd jerseys on the road. I believe road teams are to wear dark jerseys on the road, like they did the night before at Finlandia.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room. .
    I was there Hawk ... B O.R type cold But it makes for great ice.

Colorado Cadets Fan

That rule applies to NCAA tournaments. Otherwise the convention is that the visiting uniform must be darker than the home uniform. If the home team wears white, gold is darker than white. A home team could wear gold, which means that the visiting team must wear a darker color.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old #35 View Post
    What's up with gold jerseys on the road? Thought there was some rule about 3rd jerseys on the road. I believe road teams are to wear dark jerseys on the road, like they did the night before at Finlandia.

That rule applies to NCAA play. Otherwise the usual convention is that the visiting uniform must be darker than the home uniform, but is a conference rule, not an NCAA rule. If the home team wears white, gold is darker than white. A home team could wear gold, which means that the visiting team must wear a darker color. Several years ago, the ECAC East/Nescac interlock had the home team wear dark (like the NHL) for two years, and the visiting team wore white. There was confusion and one time Norwich went to Platty and took their whites instead of their darks (because the equipment manager had a brain lock). After warmups with both teams in white, Platty came out for the face-off in red.
    Last edited by NUProf; 11-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room. But it is great to have another high level team in the NEHC and it will be interesting to see how the league shakes out. Norwich, Hobart, UMASS Bobson, and Babson look like the strongest teams so far but NEC must be ready to make a move. The suprise in the league so far must be Castleton since they had such a strong finish last year.
    It's called the cooler for a reason. It's much warmer than it used to be before they finally enclosed it but its definitely cold. One of the coldest rinks I've ever been in. Even after the renovation.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Thread Information