Airport "Security" -- 80% fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport "Security" -- 80% fail

... in a series of recent tests in which undercover agents attempted to smuggle guns, knives, bombs, and goodness knows what other contraband materials into the "secure" areas of various airports, the agency failed around 80 percent of the time.
    Banning water bottles and forcing women to put their cosmetic supplies in sandwich bags makes about as much sense in 2017 as listening to the deep cuts on American Idiot or pretending that Jon Stewart is funny.
    In order to make sense of why the TSA still exists, it is necessary to dispense with the fiction that it has anything to do with security, whatever that word means, and everything to do with an arbitrary display of authority. This is why the Global Entry system exists, after all. We must remind upper-middle-class white people that they really are the monarchs of all they survey, that as "experienced travelers" they are entitled to the luxury of not participating in the fiction that watches and belts are really laser guns.
    I have TSA Pre-Check and I love it. Guilty as charged on that part I bolded I guess.

http://theweek.com/articles/736329/tsa-pathetic-failure
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Re: Airport "Security" -- 80% fail

How in the hell are they failing so much?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      How in the hell are they failing so much?
      Because the people conducting the tests know the weak spots in TSA and exploit them. The average traveler doesn't know them, much less care.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Because the people conducting the tests know the weak spots in TSA and exploit them. The average traveler doesn't know them, much less care.
        While true, the average traveler is also not the one who might bring a bomb onboard or try to use a firearm brought into the cabin. I have no actual fear of getting on a commercial flight, but it should be noted criminals like the 9-11 terrorists also knew exactly where the weak spots were and exploited them.

Comment

Just a way to employ rapists and give them a "legal" way to do what they enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Just a way to employ rapists and give them a "legal" way to do what they enjoy.
            Wait, what? I thought rapists were football coaches, priests, comedians, senators, movie producers, and astrophysicists.

Not TSA agents.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Wait, what? I thought rapists were football coaches, priests, comedians, senators, movie producers, and astrophysicists.

Not TSA agents.
              Gropers?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So the testers test the weak spots and find them.
                Doesn't that mean the weak spots are known by part of TSA?
                So, wouldn't you expect TSA to fix their weak spots that they already know about?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

How many airplane/airport related terrorist killings have there been in the U.S. after 09/11/01?

Comment

One time I was traveling by air for work round trip between Rochester, NY and Fort Wayne, IN. I grabbed a carry-on bag I typically use for land travel only. I get into the Rochester airport no problem and fly to Fort Wayne.

On the way home, I am stopped by TSA at the Fort Wayne airport. They want to inspect my bag after it went through the X-ray machine. It turns out I had a pocket knife I completely forgot about which I usually bring with me when I travel by land, but obviously forgot to remove it from the bag I was using before flying with it.

They actually offered to allow me to go back to my car and put it there. Of course, they didn't know my car was in Rochester, so that would have been a bit of a long walk. Thus, they confiscated it (and I liked that particular pocket knife).

Fort Wayne TSA > Rochester TSA...
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      So the testers test the weak spots and find them.
                      Doesn't that mean the weak spots are known by part of TSA?
                      So, wouldn't you expect TSA to fix their weak spots that they already know about?
                      Considering the amount of time and money being spent to perfect the system it would be reasonable to ask why the weak spots still exist and security hasn't gotten better. No one that matters (Congress) will bother to ask until the next 9-11.

Comment

Considering the amount of time and money being spent to perfect the system it would be reasonable to ask why the weak spots still exist and security hasn't gotten better. No one that matters (Congress) will bother to ask until the next 9-11.
                        There you go trying to be reasonable.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          One time I was traveling by air for work round trip between Rochester, NY and Fort Wayne, IN. I grabbed a carry-on bag I typically use for land travel only. I get into the Rochester airport no problem and fly to Fort Wayne.

On the way home, I am stopped by TSA at the Fort Wayne airport. They want to inspect my bag after it went through the X-ray machine. It turns out I had a pocket knife I completely forgot about which I usually bring with me when I travel by land, but obviously forgot to remove it from the bag I was using before flying with it.

They actually offered to allow me to go back to my car and put it there. Of course, they didn't know my car was in Rochester, so that would have been a bit of a long walk. Thus, they confiscated it (and I liked that particular pocket knife).

Fort Wayne TSA > Rochester TSA...
                          this happened to me twice -- I unknowingly smuggled a pocket knife onto a plane only to have it discovered on the way home. One time I let them confiscate it because I didn't give a ****. The other time the knife had sentimental value (my grandfather gave it to me), so I left the security line and found an airport bookstore that would mail it back home for me.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Gropers?
                            Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              How many airplane/airport related terrorist killings have there been in the U.S. after 09/11/01?
                              This is unspoken, as it is not widely publicized, but I'm sure the threat of terrorism always exists somewhere.
                              stop motion creator review | mobilrr review

Comment

Working...
                              X