Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airport "Security" -- 80% fail

Originally posted by davedr View Post
    This is unspoken, as it is not widely publicized, but I'm sure the threat of terrorism always exists somewhere.
    ??? You're saying there have been terrorist killings at airports that have been unreported? Or are you saying there is just no evidence of any such killings?

Comment

There's a threat terrorists will jump into my shower and kill me. It's a low-level threat to be sure, but it exists.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        There's a threat terrorists will jump into my shower and kill me. It's a low-level threat to be sure, but it exists.
        You're all wet!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There's a threat terrorists will jump into my shower and kill me.
          Psycho.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

there are gates here with their own xray and metal detectors (meaning..... you clear 'security' twice , before boarding)

**** boy!!!!!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              ??? You're saying there have been terrorist killings at airports that have been unreported? Or are you saying there is just no evidence of any such killings?
              No, they just get stopped before they get to the airport. Any time TSA procedures change it's usually a result of a recently discovered plot (or security audits like this one).
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                No, they just get stopped before they get to the airport. Any time TSA procedures change it's usually a result of a recently discovered plot (or security audits like this one).
                I understand. And that is why I asked how many actual terrorist-caused airport deaths there have been since 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

**** boy!!!!!!
                  mookie can't type s e x y ??? get out...
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

there are gates here with their own xray and metal detectors (meaning..... you clear 'security' twice , before boarding)
                    I've been to some airports (Dubai, Paris) where you go through three security checks. The final one just before you board, and that's the most "intrusive."
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      I've been to some airports (Dubai, Paris) where you go through three security checks. The final one just before you board, and that's the most "intrusive."
                      Fly El Al sometime. Bunch of agents constantly giving prospective passengers the ol' ...
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        I have. And that was long before 9/11. And I never felt safer.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I remember landing in Rome back in 1990. There were tanks on the runway. Inside pairs of security guards patrolled the airport with a muzzled German Shepherd on a chain. They also had some kind of automatic assault gun. You've never seen a more well-behaved group of high school kids who just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Comment

I've been for foreign airports where each gate had their own security, but I didn't have to go through security twice. I wonder if it was so they could have different procedures for local flights vs transatlantic. One place that comes to mind is Schiphol in Amsterdam. The waiting area was split in two -- pre security and post security. Before the flight started boarding they herded everyone through the body scanners and into the secure waiting area. They were very quick and efficient. I remember one woman got kind of offended when the female security agent went straight for her bra underwire when it showed up as an anomaly on the body scanner (didn't tell her what was going on, just started feeling under her boobs and then sent her on her way).

Comment

Had that happen at Heathrow in 2004. As we boarded, we were told to go right or left. People in the 'right' line, including me, had all of their carry-on baggage extensively pawed through, including opening up eyeglasses cases and feeling the linings, checking for hidden pockets in luggage, etc. Took over 90 minutes to fully board the d@mn plane because of that.

And can we please stop sending people who don't pay for TSA Pre into the TSA Pre lane? FFS, they are always holding up the line because they don't know the rules and don't listen to the agents. It's almost inevitably senior citizens who can barely hear, too.

Comment

I have. And that was long before 9/11. And I never felt safer.
                                Yup. If I ever have to fly to that part of the world again it's El Al.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X