Favorite Rinks (D1 & D3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
    It's off-campus, 10-15 min ride if memory serves me correct. There are 2 sheets, it seemed pretty busy with the local folk, just not women's hockey busy when we visited. Not exactly related, but I really like Coach Colontino and the coaching staff. There's a team photo around there somewhere of one of asst Coach Bittle's teams when he used to play there. Dude had some flow.
    Oh wow, didn’t know that about the rink. Learn something new every day. Definitely looks like Colontino is doing a nice job at RMU. Hope they keep winning, just not against the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      Penn State's Pegula Ice Arena - what's not to like about it?
      I don’t support kid diddlers?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Re: Favorite Rinks (D1 & D3)

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Neither did either of the hockey programs. What a stupid thing to say.

Comment

i don’t support kid diddlers?
          w t f

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
            One of the worst, and certainly the COLDEST RINK I've ever been to is at Hobart...ugly...sort of an off campus community rink and feels like 40 degrees below zero...I think they even call it "The Freezer".

A newer rink that is really bad is Trinity...just a mess....all that money and they have bleachers...and on only one side?...and what's that mess on the other side? Hard to figure what happened except to conclude that the architect was drunk.
            Back before Canisius went D1, they played at Nichols High School. Even in December, you had to step outside between periods to warm up...

The coldest college rinks I've been in were the just mentioned Nichols, Potsdam before they renovated it, Cortland and Hobart (even after they enclosed it).

You have me intrigued about Trinity. I need to figure out a way to check it out.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Favorite rink is Mercyhurst. Runners up are SLU and Princeton.

Ultimately it’s about atmosphere, definitely need some fans. Best case scenario is a small rink with seats on at least 3 out four sides of the rink, a good team, and a crowd.

Colgate looks like it could be so fun for Colgate fans, not too big, good team, after goal thing is cool if you’re a Colgate fan.

Rinks I would like to go to: Penn State for a women’s game, and a men’s game so I can see it full. Ohio State whenever they build the 4,000 seat rink they’ve been talking about forever. Actually I’d go there to the current rink too. They seem to get some fans, so the atmosphere looks good. LaBahn for a sellout crowd in a close game.
              Last edited by Lindsay; 11-10-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Lynch in Pawtucket? I've been in worse. The ice is good, the pretzels are OK, and the off ice officials are incompetent.
                A school known for its culinary curriculum better have great pretzels! Abomination! JK. I better make sure I've got the right place. From the outside, does it look like one of those pre-fabbed metal military barracks got together with an ice rink and had a baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                  A school known for its culinary curriculum better have great pretzels! Abomination!
                  BC fans are currently fighting a war over the atrocious pretzels BC sells at sporting events. Sesame seeds on the pretzels instead of salt, I mean really...
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Harvard gets no love because it's Harvard. But Bright is small and comfortable, with excellent sightlines. It's warm, too. (Do the cheese nachos look nauseating? Yes, but they do everywhere.)
                    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-10-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      BC fans are currently fighting a war over the atrocious pretzels BC sells at sporting events. Sesame seeds on the pretzels instead of salt, I mean really...
                      The only possible explanation for this is that they think the sesame seeds are salt. If they tasted one of them, I'm sure they'd get them switched to salt.

Comment

Well good for you francis kickball...I thought you retired from posting.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

The Mercy rink isn't bad. The lobby area has been re-done, playing area seems to be re-painted and new lighting. Looks like new seats at the one end and from what I understand new dressing rooms with some bells and whistles etc.. for both women and mens' team were added via an addition to the building. They get half decent crowds there for the approx. 1200 person capacity arena so it can be fun with the band, etc. Yes the new and bigger arenas around the league can be awesome but as Lindsay said, not much atmosphere in them unless they are pretty full. Robert Morris rink OK too, but having a rink off-campus is not ideal

Comment

My favorite rinks are those at which the Goal Gods cavort with Hurd, Wasserman, Chessie, Gibson, Quizon, Hanlon, Leclerc, Blanchard, Peterson, Charron, Kogut and the all the rest, endlessly battling "sont les glaces d'antan."
                            The Domes, Lansing-Chapman, Stafford, Keitzberg, Kenyon, Orr, Dayton.

Comment

Are you kidding me?! Those are grounds for immediate jail time!! And you think I'm joking...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

The one thing I do like about Conte is the free chips and beverage tables at the women's games

Comment

Working...
                                X