Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Rinks (D1 & D3)

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Ultimately it’s about atmosphere, definitely need some fans. Best case scenario is a small rink with seats on at least 3 out four sides of the rink, a good team, and a crowd.
    So true.

The only time I've been to Lynah was for a women's game. So the experience for me -- at what I've always heard is one of the best college rink experiences -- was meh. I'm sure if I went to a men's game I would agree with the reputation it has.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Are you kidding me?! Those are grounds for immediate jail time!! And you think I'm joking...
      I agree, it's horrible. We bring it up anytime there's a Q&A with the AD or anyone in a position of authority...
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Several people ranked the RPI rink low. One person said something about lipstick on a pig and I'm really curious what is the lipstick part of the rink?

Find this all interesting as on the men's side that do not see the rink as a hindrance to recruiting etc. Maybe it is or maybe not for recruiting and different for the fans view?

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
          A school known for its culinary curriculum better have great pretzels! Abomination! JK. I better make sure I've got the right place. From the outside, does it look like one of those pre-fabbed metal military barracks got together with an ice rink and had a baby?
          The rink is off campus and the food is brought in by the rink owner. If JWU ever got an on campus rink, the food fare could be an additional incentive to attend.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
          X