Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will end Wisco's perfect season ;) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: who will end Wisco's perfect season ?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    You have to beat someone to get anywhere, why not.

Basically UW is playing a wcha opponent because I think both UM and OSU will be in the 5-8 slot and UW is pretty locked into the 1-4 range.
    Columbus > Madison

7 hrs 54 min, 503 miles.
    Does that fit the NCAA parameters to drive the Buckeyes in?

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      Columbus > Madison

7 hrs 54 min, 503 miles.
      Does that fit the NCAA parameters to drive the Buckeyes in?
      I don't know but who is closer than those MN or OSU?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I don't know but who is closer than those MN or OSU?
        At around 270 miles Minneapolis is a lot closer.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          At around 270 miles Minneapolis is a lot closer.
          But if UM gets the 4 seed and OSU the 5, is OSU going to UW no matter what they seed ( 1, 2 or 3) correct?

Comment

But if UM gets the 4 seed and OSU the 5, is OSU going to UW no matter what they seed ( 1, 2 or 3) correct?
            OSU will rank ahead of UM. Then what?

Comment

OSU is a flight to just about everyone in the conversation (including Wisco) except RMU.

Barring a total out-of-the-blue autobid, a 5-8 ranked Minnesota is going to a 1-4 ranked Wisconsin pretty much no matter what.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                OSU is a flight to just about everyone in the conversation (including Wisco) except RMU.

Barring a total out-of-the-blue autobid, a 5-8 ranked Minnesota is going to a 1-4 ranked Wisconsin pretty much no matter what.
                IIRC they seed 1-4 and then assign 5-8 to minimize travel.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

OSU could also potentially host Mercyhurst or Penn State w/o a flight. Something to consider in future years if the Buckeyes don't move back into the top 4 this time.

Minnesota moved from middling back into the PWR picture just by a 4-game winning streak over MSU and Mercy. With how soft the teams appear after the first four or five, we may see more movement than usual of teams in or out of the projected NCAA field.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

It will be interesting to see how good the Badgers are next year when Pankowski and Clark return and Shirley joins the team. Will it get crowded at the forward position with Kepler and Wellhausen being the only forwards graduating, assuming you have one or two more forwards joining the team in addition to Shirley. A problem many teams would like to have!

Comment

Can you add Colgate in the Final 4 to the list ?

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        It will be interesting to see how good the Badgers are next year when Pankowski and Clark return and Shirley joins the team. Will it get crowded at the forward position with Kepler and Wellhausen being the only forwards graduating, assuming you have one or two more forwards joining the team in addition to Shirley. A problem many teams would like to have!
                        The only other F coming in is Britta Curl, from what I can tell another highly regarded recruit, so they will be loaded, which is a great problem to have. I feel very fortunate to be a fan of this team. If I was born is Bawstin I'd probably be a BU fan, so where God planted me has made me a fan of a great team to watch in a great building.

I essentially thought this year's team was just a throw away team while we waited for next year to come. Certainly MJ and the staff have to this point done a fantastic job. He should be in the discussion for coach of the year, though the Colgate and OSU coaches are also doing an awesome job exceeding expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                          Can you add Colgate in the Final 4 to the list ?
                          I don't think it is possible to edit the poll.
                          but your prediction is noted
                          I picked Colgate to upset WI in the semi final, but it could be the final

BTW, RMU is closer to Madison then Mpls
                          so wouldn't the colonials, colonels, or whatever the heck they are called get a return trip to LaBahn, aassuming they are the CHA entry?
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 11-22-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                            I don't think it is possible to edit the poll.
                            but your prediction is noted
                            I picked Colgate to upset WI in the semi final, but it could be the final

BTW, RMU is closer to Madison then Mpls
                            so wouldn't the colonials, colonels, or whatever the heck they are called get a return trip to LaBahn, aassuming they are the CHA entry?
                            RMU is in Moon Township Pennsylvania which is 606 miles from Madison and the Rodents are 246 miles away. I am guessing you looked up the Robert Morris in Chicago. I am guessing after 1,700 posts you don't follow RMU hockey that closely?
                            Last edited by upfromtheminors; 11-22-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                              RMU is in Moon Township Pennsylvania which is 606 miles from Madison and the Rodents are 246 miles away. I am guessing you looked up the Robert Morris in Chicago. I am guessing after 1,700 posts you don't follow RMU hockey that closely?
                              Pokey may have to become a BobbyMo follower as community service for his mistake. They probably don't want him, however...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

The only other F coming in is Britta Curl, from what I can tell another highly regarded recruit, so they will be loaded, which is a great problem to have. I feel very fortunate to be a fan of this team. If I was born is Bawstin I'd probably be a BU fan, so where God planted me has made me a fan of a great team to watch in a great building.

I essentially thought this year's team was just a throw away team while we waited for next year to come. Certainly MJ and the staff have to this point done a fantastic job. He should be in the discussion for coach of the year, though the Colgate and OSU coaches are also doing an awesome job exceeding expectations.

Don't forget Jesse Devito coming from the east coast as the other true 2018 forward commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X