This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

A group of CEOs on Tuesday appeared to cast doubt on one of the White House's biggest arguments for overhauling the tax code - right in front of the economic adviser Gary Cohn.

The moderator then asked those in attendance whether they were planning to increase their business investment if the tax bill became law. The CEOs in attendance did not seem to be on the same wavelength as Cohn.

While there was a smattering of raised hands in the auditorium, it was clearly not as many as Cohn would have liked.

"Why aren't the other hands up?" Cohn asked before moving on to another question.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...n-bill-2017-11

Also, there is video at the link.

Yep, only a small minority of business CEO's actually want to use Trumps tax plan in the way Trump is selling it to the rubes.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Well before it was too soon to politicize but now enough time has passed so I’m a certain sense it’s logical!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...n-bill-2017-11

Also, there is video at the link.

Yep, only a small minority of business CEO's actually want to use Trumps tax plan in the way Trump is selling it to the rubes.
        The surprise isn't that they'll just sock it away or buy down debt or inflate executive compensation (because duh). The surprise is they admitted it.

They definitely need some Heist Finishing School.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Guys, he was forced to watch CNN. Forced to watch CNN!

I mean, what else is he supposed to do in a foreign country? Read a book? Read a briefing? Take in some local culture? Find the nearest McDonalds?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Guys, he was forced to watch CNN. Forced to watch CNN!

I mean, what else is he supposed to do in a foreign country? Read a book? Read a briefing? Take in some local culture? Find the nearest McDonalds?
            Just the other day he said "I don’t get to watch much television. Primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents. A lot." Apparently he ran out of documents to read.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
              Just the other day he said "I don’t get to watch much television. Primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents. A lot." Apparently he ran out of documents to read.
              He's already read everything. People always talk about he much he reads. He knows things like that there are two Congos. Not a lot of people know that.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

He's already read everything. People always talk about he much he reads. He knows things like that there are two Congos. Not a lot of people know that.
                "There's the Republic of Congo, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Between them is the Congo Line, which is where there dance comes from. Not many people know that. I'm smart, so I've always known that."
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  "There's the Republic of Congo, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Between them is the Congo Line, which is where there dance comes from. Not many people know that. I'm smart, so I've always known that."
                  Wonder if he's seen the movie "Congo". Doubt if he's read Crichton's book though.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Wonder if he's seen the movie "Congo". Doubt if he's read Crichton's book though.
                    "We need extreme vetting on giant apes!"

KDR

Comment

"We need extreme vetting on giant apes!"
                      Trump: "Don't get me started on the NFL again."
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I, for a brief second, thought this was real
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          For the Trumpers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shep-smit...130805515.html

Fox News has debunked Uranium One. So, just stop. Stop.
                          It was on Fox News, so that means it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            It was on Fox News, so that means it's true.
                            You don't see the significance?

It was debunked long before that by the way.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I assume you mean that Fox has now jumped the shark and become part of the lame stream liberal media? Time to move over to Breitbart in order to get the real truth.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                I assume you mean that Fox has now jumped the shark and become part of the lame stream liberal media? Time to move over to Breitbart in order to get the real truth.
                                I think Scooby might be saying the glass is now half full!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X