X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Congress had her under oath for 10 hours. Let's see Trump do the same.
    Oh my god...I listened to him in person for like an hour and I wanted to die can you imagine him testifying for that long? The transcript would be worse than Mad Libs done by children that have been run through every major language translator multiple times.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      It doesn't seem like people in the South have a problem with getting too big: https://health.usnews.com/wellness/h...tes-in-america
      GA, TX and FL really need to up their game.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Problem with the South unlike most other regions in the country (maybe the Plains can be lumped in as well) is the total mixing of politics and religion. Attacking one's political leaders becomes akin attacking someone's religious figures. Budget disputes turn into holy wars. When put in that context, hearing stuff like "we're fighting for our civilization" has a different meaning. Its not just campaign hyperbole, these people truly think like that.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Problem with the South unlike most other regions in the country (maybe the Plains can be lumped in as well) is the total mixing of politics and religion. Attacking one's political leaders becomes akin attacking someone's religious figures. Budget disputes turn into holy wars. When put in that context, hearing stuff like "we're fighting for our civilization" has a different meaning. Its not just campaign hyperbole, these people truly think like that.
          Angry Sky God. Not to put too fine a point on it, but look at the Middle East or Central Asia. Stalled cultures mix religion, politics, morality, sexuality into one big reactionary stew. Toynbee was right: there are cultural cul de sacs and dead ends.

The South didn't have to be one, but after more than 100 years as America's ingrown toenail they aren't going to find their own way out. They're going to stay like either forever or until something very nasty happens.

The best that can be said about The South is that we're nibbling away at it. MD was Southern up until a generation ago -- a decade ago it was half NJ and half MS. VA is going through exactly that transition right now. NC will in ten years. GA in twenty. TX will be NM with way cuter girls in 2050.

There's no saving MS, AL, LA, AR, TN, KY, WV. That is Rock Stupid Central and it will endure until the Second Coming (at which Jesus will d-mn them all to hell for their idolatry of football). But as with the USSR, containment and eventual rollback will limit the cancer.
          Last edited by Kepler; 11-14-2017, 10:38 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I think I can speak for many northern plainers who have a scandinavian background when I say they may be good lutrens but they are not that far removed from their pagan roots and are not prone to bind their politics to religion. In fact, many I grew up around were fiscally conservative but surprisingly liberal on social issues. A goat maybe here and dere, ya sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              It doesn't seem like people in the South have a problem with getting too big: https://health.usnews.com/wellness/h...tes-in-america
              I don't really watch it but the roommate had on that 600 lb life show or w.e it's called, most the people were from the south unsurprisingly.

Comment

Part of that has to be southern biscuits and gravy--so dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  When I heard the news about Jr yesterday, first thing that popped into my head was Fredo saying “IM SMART”
                  I am not kidding...me too! #JusticeForFredo
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Republicans have their talking points today. During Sessions testimony he gets hammered by the Democrats on the topics at hand. When questioned by the Repubs he gets asked about all the leaks.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Sessions wants a second special prosecutor to look into some concerns conservatives had. (Clinton stuff) I know they have a weird hardon for Mrs. Pantsuit McRobot but she lots why are you going to waste more money investigating stuff that will go nowhere and deflect literally none of the spotlight outside of the Faux bubble?

Oh right...I forgot...Sessions is a moron
                      Wait, why do they need a special prosecutor if they want to investigate that? He does realize that he is in charge of the DOJ, right? And that he only had to appoint the special prosecutor for Russia-collusion because he was involved in the campaign (and the collusion) himself, so they needed to avoid the conflict of interest. But I don't see any conflict of interest if he and the DOJ ran an investigation on this new stuff.

Oh wait, is it because everyone else in the DOJ has told him 50 times there is nothing here and that he should go screw?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Clinton investigation is back on. Never off.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Clinton investigation is back on. Never off.
                          I can see it now...she forgot to pay a parking ticket in like 2001 and the headlines on Faux will read "Criminal Clinton Thumbs Her Nose at Local Law Enforcement" followed by hours of testimony. The officer who wrote the ticket will not show up and then the Flaggys of the world will talk about how they had him killed to protect her from prison!!!1!!1
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She testified for 10 hours under oath. Let's get Trump under oath.

Comment

Cedric Richmond (D) from Louisiana is raking Sessions over the coals on lack of diversity right now.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Cedric Richmond (D) from Louisiana is raking Sessions over the coals on lack of diversity right now.
                                I hope they arent suggestion that the man who was too racist to be a judge might not have any diversity in his Justice Department. I mean who would have thunk it!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X