X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    The Big Guns --> Hughes, Frederic, Wagner, Malone, Johnson, Weissbach, combine for ZERO points in 125 minutes of hockey. For me the frustration of that can be best summed up in one play in the third. Frederic, possessor of one of the best wrist shots in college hockey, gets it on the wing with Wags charging to the post on a 2 on 1 and it results in Trent eating the puck. Aaargh! But that's kind of the way it went all weekend for all those guys. They just couldn't quite make the plays.
    This is the most disappointing part of the weekend. If those guys pop a couple UW sweeps. Are be seeing the difference between DG and MS in the coaching realm or are the Sue's players just that much better that they can control the play even when UW has the last change and got the matchups they wanted?

Weissbach's shootout shot was just insane. I haven't seen a release that quick and hard ever in a UW uniform.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      This is the most disappointing part of the weekend. If those guys pop a couple UW sweeps. Are be seeing the difference between DG and MS in the coaching realm or are the Sue's players just that much better that they can control the play even when UW has the last change and got the matchups they wanted?

Weissbach's shootout shot was just insane. I haven't seen a release that quick and hard ever in a UW uniform.
      Looking on the bright side, how many games is UW going to play this year where all those guys are shut out? Not many. I think if Bucky gets any kind of consistent production down the line up, they are going to score a lot.

Agree on Weissbach's shot there. So quick it was sort of shocking. He had a couple of prime chances this weekend and after they didn't go his way he looked kind of surprised.. I think he really knows he can put the puck in the net. Has a good ways to go but he reminds me a little of MJ with those hands...
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Seeing the last 4 games in person, there's some awesome talent out there, boys. Snipers,etc, the future looks great! We will obviously need some depth in the nets.

That was fun hockey over the weekend.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          My recollection is 10 diving to block a shot on the rush, then jumping up and springing the puck loose in the corner on the zone entry before Sue's second goal.

But whatever, Tony, Oz, and Strobie played #10 30 minutes on Saturday. (and 25 every game) Hmm... I wonder why they do that?
          Where do you get your time on ice statistics? The fact that 10 plays that much makes me question the coaches. He shouldn’t be playing that much. I don’t get how people can watch him play and say “that’s the guy I want out there for half the game.” I think there needs to be some scrutiny. About the only thing going for him is the fact he is a right handed shot.

Comment

26th in pairwise rankings. This team has a ways to go. I thought we would be better to be perfectly honest - all american in goal and some new studs. There is going to have to be much more improvement to make the playoffs, or be in the upper half of the Big Ten. My concerns about losing Donnie affecting the offense still remains and I think it is going to continue to hurt....
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Looking at team statistics, we are not in the top ten for anything - offense 14, defense 19, PP 19, PK 24.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                My concerns about losing Donnie affecting the offense still remains and I think it is going to continue to hurt....
                I agree. Just based on the work history of MS and DG, there is no doubt who the more talented coach is. I was skeptical of the hire when Steve Miller was available and I still am based results.

Comment

If they weren't creating chances I'd be more concerned. They've been a little snake bit offensively the last three games. I can think of probably a dozen, not just good chances, but open nets that they just didn't get the puck into over that stretch. If they popped one or two of those in over the weekend, we'd all probably be feeling pretty good today. It's a narrow margin, there.

The St. Larry loss is the one that's hard to swallow, but it's in the past. UND appears to me to be one of the 3 best teams in the country. Both of those games were toe to toe and could easily have had different outcomes. They didn't though, and there's a lot to learn from that. Given the young talent we have playing a lot of minutes, there's a lot of upside yet to be gained for this team. I'm optimistic.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    Where do you get your time on ice statistics? The fact that 10 plays that much makes me question the coaches. He shouldn’t be playing that much. I don’t get how people can watch him play and say “that’s the guy I want out there for half the game.” I think there needs to be some scrutiny. About the only thing going for him is the fact he is a right handed shot.
                    10 and 6 are the main (often the only) PK pair, 10 plays PP, and when they lost Inamoto and got short, 10 and 6 were each going practically every other shift. Which they do when they shorten the bench anyway. 10, 6, 34, and 13 suck up a ton of ice time every week. (I don't know why they don't just put Justin Schultz in instead?) You'll have to take it up with Oz as he's apparently not paying attention to how awful 10 is.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

The St. Larry loss is the one that's hard to swallow, but it's in the past. UND appears to me to be one of the 3 best teams in the country. Both of those games were toe to toe and could easily have had different outcomes. They didn't though, and there's a lot to learn from that. Given the young talent we have playing a lot of minutes, there's a lot of upside yet to be gained for this team. I'm optimistic.
                      It’s a real testament to the strength and loyalty you and other Badger fans display when you express that kind of optimism. I know I wouldn’t be as resolute. Even with the things I have to contend with—the creeping dementia, the low IQ, and the homely looks, I would probably just give up if someone told me I had to be a Badger fan.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        It’s a real testament to the strength and loyalty you and other Badger fans display when you express that kind of optimism. I know I wouldn’t be as resolute. Even with the things I have to contend with—the creeping dementia, the low IQ, and the homely looks, I would probably just give up if someone told me I had to be a Badger fan.
                        What can I say? We're not only more beautiful people, we're just plain better people.

I wish we had two at the Ralph in February to see if we could get some payback by then against you slopeheads. While I do think UND is at or near the top of the heap right now, the question is whether Miss Mash and your gang of over age Canadian criminals will get a lot better, or will the Bright and Beautiful young Badgers make up the ground and then some by Spring?
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

wow we are still the 7th ranked team after this weekend. I am pretty surprised there wasn't a drop.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            wow we are still the 7th ranked team after this weekend. I am pretty surprised there wasn't a drop.
                            26th in the Pairwise and 7 in the human poll. I think TG's reputation is getting UW ranked 7th and not their play.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              26th in the Pairwise and 7 in the human poll. I think TG's reputation is getting UW ranked 7th and not their play.
                              Yuuuuupppp!

Comment

You're getting ranked on potential like everyone else right now. The Pairwise means nothing at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X