This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Inconsistent play is exactly what Strobel was talking about yesterday. We've seen it all year and probably will until the last game this year. We made mistakes as well as MN, but I think the difference in the game was goaltending.

I'm not throwing in the towel for this year, but the towel is in my hands. Most figured it would take a couple years and that has come to fruition. I truly believe with the new recruits coming in, the 3rd year of this regime will vastly improve.

A split is absolutely necessary.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      JD wasn't any worse than Davison or Linhart, but I like the Bunz/Hurley idea. Davison was a freaking lumberjack out here, hacking on rodents from behind and not moving his feet to stay on the opponent to dispuck them. I second your D pair motion.

The first goal allowed was tipped, but before I knew that I wasn't very happy about that one. The 3rd he was screened by Linhart. I say run him out there again tonight. Overall he was more challenged with quality opps than his opponent.

This team always starts slow and builds in tempo and pace as the game wears on. It's annoying to just throw away the first 10 minutes of a game, though they did score in the first period.

They needed a ppg so bad last night, that would have been the difference.

Linus is going to be a crazy awesome player when he grows up, man he has juicy tools. I hope he sticks around through his Jr. year so we can bask in his awesomeness.
      JD didn’t play. When he does we’ve actually got a decent setup on D. Is he injured? Sick? I think a Bunz-Hurley is the perfect 3rd pair. Not a detriment to the team. Then Kalynuk isn’t being weighed down with Linhart at his side.

I think we handled them in the second period. Pure domination. Came away with a losing period on the scoresheet. That’s just killer. We had 31 shots in the second and third period and one goal to show for it. 23 in the second period with zero goals.

I agree, the power play needs to score.

Comment

I realize bagging on Davison and Linhart is the favorite pastime for some but what were the results? Those two were the only even +- D on the night. Davison had zero goals against and Linhart had one each way, neither of which he was a factor in. They got their jobs done. Tischke gave up the key goal in the game almost singlehandedly with an awful play on the game tying goal to start the third. Hayton had him bailed out too, until the rebound ticked Ess' skate and bounced back to the crease. We had all the momentum after the second and that just sucked the life out of the boys for a stretch.

Our best guys just weren't our best guys. 5 pts from Ford, Ustaski, and Freytag playing against all the gopher lines. Why? Because they played a 200 foot game. Natural centers Ford and Ustaski supported the D deep in their own end, got the puck back and went the other way. Top six didn't play in the D zone that same way and consequently didn't control the puck enough and dictate play or line changes in their favor. First goal looked innocuous but it's Wags and Freddy coasting off the wall that creates the lane and the room for the tip in.

Badgers played like they played last Friday. Better than they've been on Fridays most of the year, but still were beat two out of three periods. All in all it was still close, and converting on any of a bunch of chances could have tipped the game easily enough. Just a disappointing loss but I guess shouldn't be unexpected. Credit the goofs for sticking with it and getting it to go in the net.

Tonight is pretty much a must win to keep alive a chance for home ice and any hopes for a NCAA berth. Big guys have to play a much more complete game, could very well be the last game at the KC this year otherwise.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• +/- is a garbage statistic and you know it.

Comment

Just play hockey. I don't care if it's at Tenney Park, Cap Ice, or United Center. Do your job. 100% effort, 100% of the time. I'm happy for the 4th line getting all the points, but where were the top 3?

Vince Lombardi said, "The achievements of an organization are the results of a combined effort of each individual".

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              +/- is a garbage statistic and you know it.
              This can't be reiterated enough.

Comment

JD didn’t play. When he does we’ve actually got a decent setup on D. Is he injured? Sick? I think a Bunz-Hurley is the perfect 3rd pair. Not a detriment to the team. Then Kalynuk isn’t being weighed down with Linhart at his side.

I think we handled them in the second period. Pure domination. Came away with a losing period on the scoresheet. That’s just killer. We had 31 shots in the second and third period and one goal to show for it. 23 in the second period with zero goals.

I agree, the power play needs to score.
                I know JD didn't play.....just saying he's a viable option though prone to stupid penalties.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

+/- is a garbage statistic and you know it.
                  It's generally not an accurate picture because of all the variables left unaccounted for. In this case though I watched the game and know what the variables are. Those two aren't responsible in any way for any goals against.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Lines are unchanged from last night. Bold strategy Ozzie. We'll see it it pays off!

Hurley is skating warmups and it appears as though Jack the Giant Killer will go between the pipes.

Let's go Red!
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Tischke got burned. Bad.

Comment

Tischke got burned. Bad.
                        Ah yeah and then the atrocious power play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Couldn't be a worse start

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

First sold out crowd in 4 years and this is the effort we get? You cant win every game but you sure as sh*t should give 100% effort every game. Very disappointing. I've seen alot of people talk Tischke up as a very good player....But I dont see it.

Comment

After last night I expected better. And they started much worse.

Comment

• Hi fellas,I'm having so much fun. Our defensemen should work at Menards as turnstiles. This effort ****es me off. MN forechecks hard and our D gets picked.Everybody's up ice and we're shorthanded in our own zone. The freshmen defensemen next year better be ready to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X