This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Great to hear Stroby's passion coming through to the fans. Personally, I love that guy.

Earlier you posted about encouraging ticket holders that can't attend giving away their tickets to someone who can. I was thinking that might be a good project for the Boosters to take on. Perhaps matching tix up with some youth hockey players/ families, or just some youth groups in general, and create some more fans. Probably wouldn't be very hard to orchestrate, just needs somebody to get it started. It'd be great to see those bought and paid for seats filled.
    "Like" button. 👍
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      5x5 the Badgers are skating really well the last stretch of games and have been winning a lot of pucks. They're very tough to play against when they get it going. They've just been Jekyll and Hyde night to night this year. More Jekyll lately but you worry about Hyde showing up.
      Yeah I was looking at which teams are playing higher event hockey and generating offense and putting a good amount of shots on net and WI was in the upper portion of the NCAA. Combine that with better goaltending and they should improve both this year and next.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Yeah I was looking at which teams are playing higher event hockey and generating offense and putting a good amount of shots on net and WI was in the upper portion of the NCAA. Combine that with better goaltending and they should improve both this year and next.
        Everyone that plays Wisconsin should just put enormous pressure on their D, even if that's not really the normal forechecking plan for the team. Badger's D will cough up the puck eventually. And then cough it up again. But give them time and space and they'll get it out and play in the other end most of the night. Badger's Corsi and Fenwick have been pretty good all season, but turnovers have been the death of them.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Alrighty then. Lines are settled: Greenway still scratched and Ian Perrin's favorite player, Jason Ford, returns to the lineup after recovering from a head injury.

Weissbach Frederic Wagner

Zimmer Malone Johnson

Hughes Baker S. Dhooghe

Freytag Ustaski Ford

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Inamoto Davison

Hayton

These guys can do it. Let's GO Red!!
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Everyone that plays Wisconsin should just put enormous pressure on their D, even if that's not really the normal forechecking plan for the team. Badger's D will cough up the puck eventually. And then cough it up again. But give them time and space and they'll get it out and play in the other end most of the night. Badger's Corsi and Fenwick have been pretty good all season, but turnovers have been the death of them.
            Right, that’s kinda what I noticed last time, it’s kinda like the opposite of all those Eaves teams in terms of the D but it’s certainly more entertaining if nothing else. Problem is the gophers forecheck is pretty ****ing weak.

Comment

Not going to wish your boys luck, because I want them to lose both games this weekend, but I do hope no one on either team, nor any drunken Wisconsin fans get hurt or anything.

Gotta say, the B1G is a very good thing this year. Top 6 teams all having it within their power to make the NCAA tourney, the Conf race tightening up. Minnesota may only be in 6th, but UMn also has 6 conf games remaining while PSU at 5th, Mich at 4th and Wisc at 3rd all only have 4 games remaining. And with only 7 teams, it's almost like everyone plays everyone, so every game for the next 3 weeks is going to be meaningful and important. Nice change from just 2 seasons ago.

Comment

• The game day hostess at the Kohl Center just dropped 6>5 during her pregame spot

Comment

• Don't know what it looks like on the tube, but we're somewhat aggressive and standing up to the goofs attempt to be physical. (Smells like a Stroebel Matt Foley speech).
                  Pretty loud, but Im surprised at the empty seats.

We need ice girls......Break over........
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Don't know what it looks like on the tube, but we're somewhat aggressive and standing up to the goofs attempt to be physical. (Smells like a Stroebel Matt Foley speech).
                    Pretty loud, but Im surprised at the empty seats.

We need ice girls......Break over........
                    Looks like Hayton saved our bacon on a couple there. Not terrible, but the boys were a little slow to pucks,especially early in the period, seemed to get better as we went. Really have to up the pace and seize the initiative more in the second. Playing way too much in the wrong end.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Looks like Hayton saved our bacon on a couple there. Not terrible, but the boys were a little slow to pucks,especially early in the period, seemed to get better as we went. Really have to up the pace and seize the initiative more in the second. Playing way too much in the wrong end.

Right below me, the goofer D man lobs a puck on net at about 40 feet and Hayton's on his knees and the puck goes bar-downski. That's the **** that drives me nuts.

Comment

We win. (Though I don't expect it again tomorrow.)

Comment

When your fourth line is the best you got it's not good.

Really really disappointing. Again stupid turnovers and getting skated around.

At one point the goofers skater was 1 on 4 and he casually skated in and got a shot on goal.
                          Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-09-2018, 11:23 PM.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

What happened to JD Greenway? Can we run a d unit of:

Tischke-Ess
                            Kalynuk-Inamoto
                            Bunz-Hurley

PLEASE. If I have to watch Linhart chase the puck around the d-zone like a moron one more time I'm gonna snap.

Game was even, better win tomorrow, Berry in net, yada, yada, yada.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              I didn't think it was that disparate in terms of each team on the attack, I just think Robson was more steady than Hayton who made some good saves but then let in some softies. The one got tipped so maybe that wasn't on him but the game winner wasn't the greatest shot or from a good angle.

IDK we'll see tomorrow, I feel like these series generally end in a split and the Gophers are inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                What happened to JD Greenway? Can we run a d unit of:

Tischke-Ess
                                Kalynuk-Inamoto
                                Bunz-Hurley

PLEASE. If I have to watch Linhart chase the puck around the d-zone like a moron one more time I'm gonna snap.

Game was even, better win tomorrow, Berry in net, yada, yada, yada.
                                JD wasn't any worse than Davison or Linhart, but I like the Bunz/Hurley idea. Davison was a freaking lumberjack out here, hacking on rodents from behind and not moving his feet to stay on the opponent to dispuck them. I second your D pair motion.

The first goal allowed was tipped, but before I knew that I wasn't very happy about that one. The 3rd he was screened by Linhart. I say run him out there again tonight. Overall he was more challenged with quality opps than his opponent.

This team always starts slow and builds in tempo and pace as the game wears on. It's annoying to just throw away the first 10 minutes of a game, though they did score in the first period.

They needed a ppg so bad last night, that would have been the difference.

Linus is going to be a crazy awesome player when he grows up, man he has juicy tools. I hope he sticks around through his Jr. year so we can bask in his awesomeness.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X