Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I started wearing my jersey on game days the badgers have gone 3-0-1. Didn’t wear it last Friday since I went to the Point game. I won’t make that mistake again.

Excited for the crowds this weekend! Will be in section 128 Friday and 102 Saturday.

Comment

• I see the Rangers put Brendan Smith on waivers. I don't watch them often, but the NY press is calling him a 17 million dollar bust. Too bad, he looked good with them thru the playoffs last year.

Saturday night is officially sold out. Well done, now let's make some ****ing noise that hasn't been heard inside TKC for years.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-09-2018, 10:20 AM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

License to kill gophers from the United Nations....

Get it done tonight boys. Looking forward to being at both games this weekend.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote."

Just in case you haven't seen my sig the past 15 years.

Who isn't geared up for this? Fresh 6 inches of powder and a little cooler than normal; noon luncheon (stiffed again by tDon); Saturday sell out (first one in 4 years), Friday getting close; the Gophers.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-09-2018, 10:28 AM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            License to kill gophers from the United Nations....

Get it done tonight boys. Looking forward to being at both games this weekend.
            Destroy your vocal cords this weekend please.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• **** the gophers. Let’s go!

Comment

https://youtu.be/GvdHXnuaho4

https://youtu.be/kmHQO-Q_wrU

Drop the effing puck on these rats!
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Feel free to kick some gopher arse.

Comment

How great is it that this weekend has huge implications for both teams? A split has been the norm lately but a sweep either way is giant. The goofs can nail down a NCAA berth or get pushed to the bubble with two losses. The Badgers can claw their way back into an at large berth and set up home ice for the B1G tourney with a pair of wins. Biggest game of the year for the Badgers is tonight. Badgers have not been good a lot of the year on Fridays but they have shaken that off a bit and played well the last couple of outings.

The last time we played I said I thought the difference was that the goofs expected to win and the Badgers were hoping to win. Based on their recent play, that should have changed for Bucky and the boys should be confident. If they play the way they are capable of, they can get it done, and more importantly, they know they can. Gotta believe boys!
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Also can anybody tell me if this is Sheehy? Or is it Mittlestadt? These gophers all kinda look alike to me.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Speaking of looking alike -- which gopher is going in the net tonight? This one?

Or this one?

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          How great is it that this weekend has huge implications for both teams? A split has been the norm lately but a sweep either way is giant. The goofs can nail down a NCAA berth or get pushed to the bubble with two losses. The Badgers can claw their way back into an at large berth and set up home ice for the B1G tourney with a pair of wins. Biggest game of the year for the Badgers is tonight. Badgers have not been good a lot of the year on Fridays but they have shaken that off a bit and played well the last couple of outings.

The last time we played I said I thought the difference was that the goofs expected to win and the Badgers were hoping to win. Based on their recent play, that should have changed for Bucky and the boys should be confident. If they play the way they are capable of, they can get it done, and more importantly, they know they can. Gotta believe boys!
                          The Gopher MO against good teams has been to generate zero offense while getting ridiculously lucky goal distribution and splitting series winning one game 1-0 and losing the next like 4-1 or 5-2. The Badgers have a good offense though and I could easily see them sweeping simply due to how anemic our offense is and the fact that our goalies can't be expected to steal every single game. If Robson loses tonight (just gonna assume he's in or Don is out of his mind) and Schierhorn plays tomorrow then I'd anticipate us getting swept. If Robson steals one or just plays well enough tonight he'll be back in tomorrow most likely at which point a split seems likely, though maybe we can pull out a sweep somehow. Even when the talent levels of the two teams is completely lopsided a sweep is pretty rare in this series as far as I can remember.

Has your guys goaltending improved at all since last time we played? That was the one saving grace, the transfer goalie (Hayden?) let in a couple weak ones last time and we got 5 goals somehow in the first game and then our offense went back to playing like it normally does against Berry the next night (might've gotten a little unlucky in that one but the Gophers kinda used up their luck the night before).

Comment

After listening to Strobes today at the luncheon, there is NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT he is the right man for the job. What a dynamic, passionate guy. His up-bringing, his stories, his philosophy, his love of the UW and Badger hockey, his hatred for Rodentsota, his struggling not to drop F bombs, had me on the edge of my chair....literally. I wanted to get out my circa 1980s hockey equipment and kick those ******** MYSELF tonight!

Wisko, you're killin' it!
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-09-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

Has your guys goaltending improved at all since last time we played? That was the one saving grace, the transfer goalie (Hayden?) let in a couple weak ones last time and we got 5 goals somehow in the first game and then our offense went back to playing like it normally does against Berry the next night (might've gotten a little unlucky in that one but the Gophers kinda used up their luck the night before).
                              They've both been pretty good since the break and have even carried the team through some rough patches in a few games. Berry was fantastic vs. ND and Hayton was excellent last Saturday after some sort of 24 hr. bug that put him down. ( I actually think it might have helped settle him in the net. Hayton is cat-quick but his main flaw to me is he's over active. Out and down too quick, over shoots his lines side to side. You can just see, if he would get on his game he could still be great, but he's struggled to find it and stay on it.) By the same token they've both let in a few that they probably would like to have back in some key situations or we'd have a few more wins since the break. Overall though, much improved.

5x5 the Badgers are skating really well the last stretch of games and have been winning a lot of pucks. They're very tough to play against when they get it going. They've just been Jekyll and Hyde night to night this year. More Jekyll lately but you worry about Hyde showing up.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                After listening to Strobes today at the luncheon, there is NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT he is the right man for the job. What a dynamic, passionate guy. His up-bringing, his stories, his philosophy, his love of the UW and Badger hockey, his hatred for Rodentsota, his struggling not to drop F bombs, had me on the edge of my chair....literally. I wanted to get out my circa 1980s hockey equipment and kick those ******** MYSELF tonight!
                                Great to hear Stroby's passion coming through to the fans. Personally, I love that guy.

Earlier you posted about encouraging ticket holders that can't attend giving away their tickets to someone who can. I was thinking that might be a good project for the Boosters to take on. Perhaps matching tix up with some youth hockey players/ families, or just some youth groups in general, and create some more fans. Probably wouldn't be very hard to orchestrate, just needs somebody to get it started. It'd be great to see those bought and paid for seats filled.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X