This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Robby is the honorary captain at stamp out cancer night on Saturday. I think cancer is the worst. Prayers to all those suffering with that disease.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      ....and regarding Rob Andringa, on Mike Heller's show this afternoon, he said his cancer is "stage 4 and incurable" but he mentioned manageable or something like that. This is ****ing sickening. 😠

He sounded VERY positive and in good spirits. If anybody is gonna beat ****ing cancer, it's him.
      Boy the news of the alum these days just sucks the joy right out of hockey/life. God bless all the families of these fine people who are dealing with these humanly dire situations. None of us know the day and time God will call us home, take care of business here on earth while you can.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Boy the news of the alum these days just sucks the joy right out of hockey/life. God bless all the families of these fine people who are dealing with these humanly dire situations. None of us know the day and time God will call us home, take care of business here on earth while you can.
        Ditto. Nice post Timothy.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I think TG is taking all this rough news pretty hard. You go from being part of the Olympic experience with a close friend who you are working closely with to him being gone. Gotta be such an empty feeling. Who knows how the lads will react tonight. I can't believe there are only 8 games left. A strong finish can still make it a memorable season for happy reasons and not sad ones.

Comment

Double stickers this weekend for our fallen Badgers

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I think TG is taking all this rough news pretty hard. You go from being part of the Olympic experience with a close friend who you are working closely with to him being gone. Gotta be such an empty feeling. Who knows how the lads will react tonight. I can't believe there are only 8 games left. A strong finish can still make it a memorable season for happy reasons and not sad ones.
              Going tonight with my son and a couple of others. I expect an inspired effort with TG gone. I will predict a win tonight, loss tomorrow. We will see. Based on how we have played against PSU lately, I am being optimistic.

Comment

New lines for tonight

Weissbach Frederic Wagner

Zimmer Malone Johnson

Freytag Baker S.Dhooghe

Hurley Hughes J Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Davison Inamoto

Berry

Zimmer looked good last weekend and perhaps the old #22 Dave Lundeen will give him a boost and some inspiration

JD missed a couple of days of practice with an illness. Hopefully he's the only one, and hopefully he'll be back to 100% soon.

I hate losing to these guys. Let's go Red!
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

C'mon guys, run ped state out of the building!
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

One mistake after another so far.

Comment

Gutsy win there. Awesome third period.

Comment

Great Win!

First Friday win since November and just what we needed. Berry was spectacular. Great to finally get a win on a night where they didn't have their best stuff to start with. But they got better as the game went on and gutted it out and made some big plays down the stretch.

Way to go boys!
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Excellent win! To come back against a team that's had their number for a while must be quite satisfying.

Win one more and they may have something going!!!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            New lines for tonight

Weissbach Frederic Wagner

Zimmer Malone Johnson

Freytag Baker S.Dhooghe

Hurley Hughes J Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Davison Inamoto

Berry
                            I thought top 2 lines listed looked really good, especially the Malone line. Zimmer had his most impactful game from the ones I have seen. Great to see Johnson get one, he had been kind of invisible for awhile. Weissbach had some great looks on that line. The Baker line had some moments, though Dhooghe was quiet until that little scrum behind the net, then he woke up it seemed like. I feel bad for Hughes, he hasn't got it going all year and that line was a little ho hum.

Kalynuk looks like he will be the 2nd coming of Sean Hill (there's a kinda old reference for ya!, a more recent would be McCabe maybe, but McCabe was no Sean Hill), I like that he's a take charge on the rush D, the only thing is be careful and not try to do too much, though as along as the F cover for him, bring it on.

Berry did a great job, only victimized by a loose puck in front and a screen shot. He played some mad scrambles very well, maybe had a little luck which a goalie needs occasionally.

PSU had a lot of better looks than UW did, but sometimes they didn't connect, though the danger was very evident. I really do hate them, but their style of play is wide open and very flowy, I like it. They always seem to have 6 skaters on the ice. There always seems to be a late O zone entry guy open (bad D by UW?).

The lads are basically in a playoff mode now, there is little margin for error, but play loose (kinda) and fast lads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Berry did a great job, only victimized by a loose puck in front and a screen shot. He played some mad scrambles very well, maybe had a little luck which a goalie needs occasionally.
                              He played pretty well, but seemed very skittish at times when he was leaving the crease to play the puck. Certainly needs to be more decisive, either go and play it and make a strong play or stay at home and be ready for what might be coming at you.

Hope to see A LOT of people there tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                He played pretty well, but seemed very skittish at times when he was leaving the crease to play the puck. Certainly needs to be more decisive, either go and play it and make a strong play or stay at home and be ready for what might be coming at you.
                                Good point.

Comment

Working...
                                X