X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Yes!!!

This is the spark that will light the fire that will bring the First Order down! Wait....wrong movie.

Maybe this team can get to 16-17 wins and get on the NCAA bubble?

That would be awesome.
    Probably need to sweep Penn St next week (and split other series?) for that to play out. Still not sure this team has shown me enough to believe they can do that. Win felt good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      No watching on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you were in the stands, I was going take out a second mortgage and buy you a beer!

Nice wire to wire effort and win. They played as well tonight as I've seen in quite a while. Had a blast. Great energy from the Badger fans. Those other fans were leaving 5 minutes into the 3rd period.

We learned of Jimmy J's passing on the bus ride to Chicago. What a great loss for USA Hockey on down. I can't help but think this one was for Jimmy J. Stick taps, R.I.P.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Boy oh boy WOWEE that was fun! I'm glad I made the trip, and was pleasantly surprised not just by the turnout, but by just how many Badgers fans were really getting into it, even upstairs. Lots of smiles, positive attitudes, and a guy filling (Philling?) in for Phil! Apart from the shenanigans at the end, how well UW played in all facets of the game was so satisfying.

The bonus: I was 3 rows in front of the Badgers' radio booth, so I got to celebrate goals with Brian Posick and Paul Capobianco!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I wonder if Jim Cornelison will sing the National Anthem?
          Yes, he did...and it was AMAZING!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            What a fantastic fantastic win. They made JJ proud for sure. Let's take it all the way for JJ.
            Notre Dame and Wisconsin both had JJ stickers on their helmets. Sounds like the Blackhawks jumped in and helped get those made up quickly.

Comment

Oh, and to the people who were comparing the Kohl Center to the United Center during the banner debate...the KC is nowhere near as large as the UC on the inside. I would say the UC is a solid 40 feet taller over the ice and the seating areas are probably about 40-50 feet wider.
              Yes, they are similar in general terms of "dual use facility with 3 large seating bowls", but the UC is much, much larger.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                Yes, he did...and it was AMAZING!
                It WAS great. You see it on TV, but it is SO much better in person.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

It WAS great. You see it on TV, but it is SO much better in person.
                  I couldn't stop smiling the whole time...I might have even giggled for a few seconds. It is just such an overwhelming and powerful display, just overwhelmed me to be there and hear it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                    Probably need to sweep Penn St next week (and split other series?) for that to play out. Still not sure this team has shown me enough to believe they can do that. Win felt good though.
                    Winning two this weekend would probably give the boys a legitimate shot at getting to an at large position. Even splitting is going to make it much more difficult to get there as PSU will hold the PWR comparison win. Not only is that important but the Badgers need PSU's spot in the B1G standings to get to at least 4th and home ice in the B1G tourney.

Haven't won a series opener since Nov. 17th vs. Michigan, so now would be a great time to break that streak. Surprisingly, their destiny is still in their own hands. I've been saying all season, when they're good, they're pretty **** good. Need the good Badgers to show up Friday at the puck drop and they can still make something of this season.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Help me wrap my head around this.......UW beats the #1 team (yes they split), and I mean BEAT them, and we don't even move up one spot in the national rankings? I understand N.Dame not moving down, but........��

We moved up one spot in the pairwise, but looking at the list of all the teams, that was the only change other than a couple ties. Do these people just throw darts?
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-23-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Help me wrap my head around this.......UW beats the #1 team (yes they split), and I mean BEAT them, and we don't even move up one spot in the national rankings? I understand N.Dame not moving down, but........��

We moved up one spot in the pairwise, but looking at the list of all the teams, that was the only change other than a couple ties. Do these people just throw darts?
                        Let's look at what teams were in the 10-20 range last week and how they did:
                        10 - Providence - split with unranked UConn, stayed at 10
                        11 - Western Michigan - split with unranked CC, dropped to 12
                        12 - Penn State - swept by 20 Michigan, dropped to 14
                        13 - Minnesota - swept unranked MSU, stayed at 13
                        14 - UMD - swept 7 NoDak, moved to 9 (NoDak dropped to 11)
                        15 - Omaha - swept by 5 Denver, dropped to 19
                        16 - BC - did not play, stayed at 16
                        17 - Bowling Green - Swept UAA, moved up to 15
                        18 - Wisconsin - split with 1 Notre Dame, stayed at 18
                        19 - Colgate - Swept by 4 Cornell, dropped from rankings
                        20 - Michigan - Swept 12 Penn State, moved to 17

Sure, there was some movement, but I can't see many flaws with the movement (or lack of movement)

I think the good old "they are who we thought they were" comes into play.

Yeah, Wisconsin got a win against #1, but does that does that do enough to move the needle? They are still 12-12-3, with a few horrible losses on their record.

new rankings 15-20
                        15 - Bowling Green (14-8-6)
                        16 - BC (11-9-3)
                        17 - Michigan (12-10-2)
                        18 - Wisconsin (12-12-3)
                        19 - Omaha (12-11-1)
                        20 - NMU (15-10-3)

Would you put them ahead of a 12-10-2 Michigan team that took 5 of 6 points from Wisconsin already?
                        Would you put them ahead of a 11-9-3 BC team, or a 14-8-6 Bowling Green who have better records?

If anything, they might be ranked a touch too high.
                        They are ahead of 12-11-1 Omaha (better record in an arguably better conference)
                        They are ahead of 15-10-3 NMU (NMU split with Wisconsin early in the season, and has an overall better record)

Comment

• Just keep winning and the rankings will take care of themselves.

Comment

rankings are pointless anyway, only pairwise matters. But to be fair, they have kept us in the top 20 after many of these bad losses, so hard to argue we are better than 18 at this point.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Not much chatter about JJ.....I started following the team intently around 1986, but back then there was minimal media covering the team other than the 2 Madison papers, and me living is eastern WI my Dad always got the Milwaukee Journal. The point is I don't recall a whole lot of JJ as a player, I relate to UW goalies the most and the first one I remember is Dean Anderson. Anyway as a guy cracking the big 50 this year, hearing of him dying in his sleep being 53 really hits close to home. It was always awesome to have a former Badger running the US men's teams. Other states can say all they want, but Bob & Mark Johnson, Tony Granato and Jim Johannson ARE hockey, Wisconsin IS hockey. Forever forward, but LOVE the past.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Anything less than a 1-0-1 this weekend, is a mood killer on my good feelings for this team. I thought a split with Notre Dame was a successful weekend.

It's time to start taking care of business versus this 6 year old program that has been a pain in our arse.

Tim, each NHL game I watched last night brought JJ up at some point while I was watching, that included a Canadian broadcast. I have seen and heard quite a bit, unless you were talkin about the lack of chatter on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X