This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

I hope the team can bounce back for a split.

I realize most of my negativity regarding this team centers on unrealistic expectations and the history that says Wisconsin hasn't been a consistent powerhouse in 24 years now. 1994 was the end and we've been waiting for the ship to be turned/mountain climbed ever since and it's been fits and starts at best since 94.

Frustrating beyond belief.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Call Bill Howard and tell Connelly to pack his bags. Then recruit whoever the H Howie says to get.
      Isn't Jeff Sanger still the goalie coach? Cons could maybe also chip in with a few pointers, but I'm not sure the goaltenders are just a few pointers away from being where they need to be. I think the Howie ship has sailed, though he could be a recruiting scout for sure. He as his system and it would take time to get a guy into that in a short period of time. They need more talent in net and it doesn't look great down the road.

Maybe UW should have MJ's staff do some goalie scouting, they never miss, though they get the pick of the litter, but so should the men's team.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

In the cafe someone posted Jim Johannson died. I hope that's not true, my god, way too young.
        Last edited by solovsfett; 01-21-2018, 09:30 AM.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          In the cafe someone posted Jim Johannson died. I hope that's not true, my god, way too young.
          It's true. USA Hockey just released it.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by first time, long time View Post
            it's true. Usa hockey just released it.
            what!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Isn't Jeff Sanger still the goalie coach? Cons could maybe also chip in with a few pointers, but I'm not sure the goaltenders are just a few pointers away from being where they need to be. I think the Howie ship has sailed, though he could be a recruiting scout for sure. He as his system and it would take time to get a guy into that in a short period of time. They need more talent in net and it doesn't look great down the road.

Maybe UW should have MJ's staff do some goalie scouting, they never miss, though they get the pick of the litter, but so should the men's team.
              Oops, I don't know why I thought Cons was the coach.

I think they need a Howie protege to take the reigns.

What's CUJO up to?😀

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...c71af.amp.html

Comment

Just shocking.... What a blow...

A huge loss for his family, the Badger Hockey family, The USA Hockey family... All of Hockey. He was a Giant in the sport and just a fantastic person.

Tough day for the Badger staff too. Heartbreaking.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

What a goal by Brendan Smith... Oops... I mean Kalynuk!

Great jump for Bucky here in the first. Pour it on boys.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Huge save by Berry after Frederic with a horrible turnover...

Comment

That was a hell of a first period of hockey both ways. I doubt the pace can stay that high, but it would be fun if it did.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Let's hope it does! It was pretty entertaining, lot of red in the stands!

Comment

Holy Smokes... Berry is cooking with gas!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Frederic is such a lazy skater. Instead of stopping and starting he does a lot of little circles that put him away from the puck. Drives me up a wall.

Edit: annnd he makes me eat my words with a shorthanded breakaway. Good!
                              Last edited by digitalbooya; 01-21-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Freddy can play on team anyday.
                                I'm not sure the fan ratio here but WE ARE 10X LOUDER!

EDIT:Get bail money ready for me. One obnoxious Irish fan is going down. I'm 2X his age but in his state, and mine ;-), I can take him!
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-21-2018, 03:44 PM.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X