X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    A win or tie would be a surprise, even if the boys play well, which of course we haven't seen them do twice in a row for some time. If they play well, I'd say the best chance would be tonight with ND coming off a break. I think the Badgers are a little better team themselves on a small sheet, perhaps because it forces them to play faster and they have skilled guys that can, plus, they don't get lost in the D zone so easily.

In the past the Badgers have had a knack for getting up for #1's. (IIRC, I think Eaves had a winning record against #1s?) It would be nice to see our best players play their best. As we've said all year: When they're good, they're pretty darn good. Not holding my breath for being good though.

The opportunities are all right in front of them still, so Let's GO Red.
    we played better than them for 2 periods the Friday at the Kohl, and then appeared to go into prevent, slowed down the attack, defensive breakdowns, and whala another disappointing loss.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      we played better than them for 2 periods the Friday at the Kohl, and then appeared to go into prevent, slowed down the attack, defensive breakdowns, and whala another disappointing loss.
      ND is a very veteran team and I don't expect them to let off the gas at all, but I doubt they're overly worried about beating us at home either... So I'd say the best chance is to bushwhack them early tonight like we did in that game, only this time play better in down the stretch.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

ND is a very veteran team and I don't expect them to let off the gas at all, but I doubt they're overly worried about beating us at home either... So I'd say the best chance is to bushwhack them early tonight like we did in that game, only this time play better in down the stretch.
        Is bushwhack a technical term, or you talking about sending these guys on the ice?

I wish I knew how to get the picture to show up....
        Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-19-2018, 03:04 PM.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I don't know... I mean if these guys still have eligibility left... Sure!

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

We talked about needing the physical presence. Not sure they have the ACT scores!

alright, how did you do that? I feel so tech challenged at times.......spent 20 minutes getting the link to work.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-19-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I don't know... I mean if these guys still have eligibility left... Sure!

I thought those guys were going to UND?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I wish I knew how to get the picture to show up....
                Easiest way most of the time is if you search an image --> Rclick image -> Inspect --> text box opens with highlighted text-> Rclick text --> Copy --> copy element.

Then just paste here. This won't always work for you, for example on the image you linked to it won't. Simplest solution is to just find another copy elsewhere and it generally will. Sometimes I move images to imgur and post them from there if necessary.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Lines are out and Surprise! They're different!

Weissbach Frederic Wagner

Ford Malone Johnson

Zimmer Hughes J. Dhooghe

Freytag Baker S.Dhooghe

Tschke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Inamoto Greenway

Hayton

Appears Tony is trying to inject a little grit into the line up with Ford and J. Dhooghe moving up. Good! With all the scrambling he does, he never does separate Malone and Johnson though. Which is ok, I just notice it.

It's been a busy week and I never did comment on this but seeing Freytag in reminds me of what I thought was the play of the weekend last week: Freytag crushes a Sparty along the wall and takes the puck away, then skates in on net and flicks a nifty backhand pass that finds Greenway pinching toward the slot. JD' hammers it home for his first goal of the year. It was Beautiful! Let's see a little more of that against these big boys. Speaking of ND's size, hopefully JD will give us a little more punch on the back end with Tyler.
                  Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 01-19-2018, 05:57 PM.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Freytag with the offensive zone penalty after they were buzzing... Jeez.

Comment

Oh my god... That Notre Dame shot went in...

Comment

Confirmed goal and our shorty didn't count. Luck o' the Irish
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Weissbach with a horrible turnover leads to a breakaway goal. After the way this game has started we will probably lose 6-0.

Comment

Just disastrous start with the shorty taken away and PP and terrible turnover goals allowed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Freytag can't bury the breakaway.

Comment

T Freddy! ND's goalie hella bit early.

Comment

Working...
                                X