This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    How do we know we even have the real Kyle Hayton?

I mean the only other time we've seen him he was wearing a mask! Maybe the real Hayton is off playing in Finland or somewhere and this is just some guy that went to SLU they stuck on a plane to Madison.
    Wisko, you're killin' it tonight!

On a related note, the Teddie Bear toss is going on.....25 Teddie Bears got past Hayton.

Too soon?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Listened to Tony's postgame and like him, going into this weekend I thought we matched up well and that the Badgers could give the Domers some real problems with our speed on the big sheet. It didn't work out that way but before we all commit ritual Hari Kari we have to remember one important fact: The Gophers got swept.

Also I suppose we could give some credit to the Irish. But I'd rather not. I just felt like at worst this should have been a 2-1 game going to the 3rd. It wasn't and we had to press. Then bad things happened.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Trolling burd is not much of a victory.
        It was the highlight of my Men's hockey weekend. By the way, if you goggle Notre Dame hockey it takes you to UND.com. I think UND needs to sue UND for the exclusive rights to UND.

I missed the game and set the dvr up for the wrong channel, maybe that was my subconscious protecting my conscious there. I went to UND's site to see their highlights and they don't have any. Any links that any more savvy interneters come across would be appreciated.
        I still would really like to watch the game.

Losing to UND wouldn't be as bitter is they didn't have bad loses to St. Lawrence, M St., NM, Michigan & Mercyhurst.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          It was the highlight of my Men's hockey weekend. By the way, if you goggle Notre Dame hockey it takes you to UND.com. I think UND needs to sue UND for the exclusive rights to UND.
          It's awful. Pretty soon they will be calling themselves the Fighting somethings and using and interlocking N and D for a logo. Piracy.

Sorry you guys didn't kick their arses.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I missed the game and set the dvr up for the wrong channel, maybe that was my subconscious protecting my conscious there. I went to UND's site to see their highlights and they don't have any. Any links that any more savvy interneters come across would be appreciated.
            I still would really like to watch the game.

Losing to UND wouldn't be as bitter is they didn't have bad loses to St. Lawrence, M St., NM, Michigan & Mercyhurst.
            As litigious as UND is over names you'd think they would actually sioux UND. They'd obviously lose but that never stopped them before.

Tony says we've got to be more consistent, Tim. We can't be setting DVR's for the wrong channel and still expect to win. I mean how's your dollar going to buy a goal if your tv is on channel 97?!!

You are completely right. If the Badger's won those 4 games they'd be 6th in the PWR. What hurts more is that if they had just beat St. Larry and Mercyhurst at home they'd be in a very workable 10th. They didn't and that set up a weekend where we're hoping to get it all back against the now #2. Not a good recipe really. A lot of hard lessons in this season so far.

Still a good team when they're good. Not good when they're not good.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Still a good team when they're good. Not good when they're not good.
              The definition of inconsistency, eh?

Good time for a break.
              1. Reassess the goaltending. Who's #1?
              2. Numerous defensive mistakes. Who & why?
              3. Go to your respective homes and land a "Slumpbuster",

For those who don't know, many years ago, Mark Grace of the Cubs had one of the best quotes ever on The Jim Rome Show............

"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."
              🤔

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I listened to the post game interview Mike Heller had with Tony Granato on Saturday and he was very frank and said the team is better than their record and he talked about competing every shift for the the full 60 minutes. I thought he was realistic on that the team needs to do some soul searching over the long break...
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

New England Hockey Journal article on Trent Frederic:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1263680
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I think last year they performed way above their ability and this year they are where they should be as they distance themselves from the Eaves Era.

Comment

Badger hockey got a nice shout out during the Oilers @ Preds game. Right after a Kyle Turris goal, the Preds PBP guy mentioned that Turris and Craig Smith, who are line mates with Kevin Fiala, are former Badgers and hang out. Then he spoke about the elite program for a few minutes. Always cool to hear.

That is one hell of an energy line.
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-14-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Badger hockey got a nice shout out during the Oilers @ Preds game. Right after a Kyle Turris goal, the Preds PBP guy mentioned that Turris and Craig Smith, who are line mates with Kevin Fiala, are former Badgers and hang out. Then he spoke about the elite program for a few minutes. Always cool to hear.

That is one hell of an energy line.
                        That line appears to have re-energize Smith's stat line as well. His stat line has been on the decline since 13/14, 52-44-37-29pts and he already had 21 pts this year with 12 goals (the same amount he had last year). Turris also is at a point per game since joining Nashville. Nashville and Colorado really seem to have put one over on Ottawa in that trade.....it has only been a month but doesn't look good for the Sens.

Glad to see Smith get back on track, he is a great representative off and on the ice for former Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                          Glad to see Smith get back on track, he is a great representative off and on the ice for former Badgers.
                          Gotta get Stepan trades to Nashville or San Jose or back to NY. Pavs needs some help or it would be awesome to have Stepan-Turris-Smith. What a tragedy he got traded to Coyotes.

Comment

Lots of thoughts and prayers going out to Rob Andringa on Twitter. No idea what's up, but I'll send mine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Lots of thoughts and prayers going out to Rob Andringa on Twitter. No idea what's up, but I'll send mine as well.
                              I second that.

Comment

Sounds like a health "battle" so something serious. Prayers to Rob to "Keep it going baby!"
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X