X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Up north and couldn't get cell coverage to listen to the game. But losing to these lower level teams will cost NCAA bid this year.....
    It has been said before, but this team was not as good as it's ranking at the beginning of the season and it's showing.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Paging Donny, stat!
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Uhm, terrible loss. They don't deserve an NCAA bid.
        Also, at this point it's going to take a miracle to improve on last year's win total.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Uhm, terrible loss. They don't deserve an NCAA bid.
          Also, at this point it's going to take a miracle to improve on last year's win total.
          As a fan, I'm very disappointed. I really don't think this team is any better than last year and maybe has regressed. I really don't ****ing understand, but I think that minus tDon, something is missing for sure.

There are 3 losses this fall that definitely should never happen and arguably more. I hope they turn it around very soon. I'm looking forward to the game at United Center in January; at this point I'm hoping for a good showing.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            As a fan, I'm very disappointed. I really don't think this team is any better than last year and maybe has regressed. I really don't ****ing understand, but I think that minus tDon, something is missing for sure.

There are 3 losses this fall that definitely should never happen and arguably more. I hope they turn it around very soon. I'm looking forward to the game at United Center in January; at this point I'm hoping for a good showing.
            Agreed on all fronts. It's a mystery to me what's wrong with this team but looking at 8-6-2 I see regression as well AND signature losses not wins. Signature losses: MSU 2nd game, St. Lawrence and Mercyhurst. Also could have and probably should have won one of Michigan or Nodak tie games.

If this staff will turn the team into perennial NCAA contenders it likely won't be for another year or two. If they lose Frederic orvweissbach who scores next season?
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Congrats to the Lakers on a big win.

Ugh... I think what I find so disappointing is that I was certain that Tony would squeeze performance out of players every night. That they would all show up ready to go and regardless of talent level on the team they would compete and play up to or beyond their abilities. Certainly anything can happen in one game, but it's the third one game that they let it happen to them.

Frederic and Wagner's total combined scoring line for 5x5 play in the last 7 games is 2g-1a (-5).

Granted Mercyhurst's Taylor Best, Josh Lammon, and Brian Sienerth are all older players, but Best had 11g in 54 USHL games; Lammon had 20g in 120 NAHL games, Siernerth scored his 4th goal in his 55th NCAA game last night. Huge kudo's to those guys, they were combined 2g 2a, +4. Also James Anderson added his 3rd goal in his 28th NCAA game last night...

It is so, so, hard to get on the NTDP team. Yet the entire Badgers top line were all among the best of the best and made it. It's just plain disgusting how they let themselves get manhandled last night. Combined 0-0-0 minus 9. It's almost unimaginable.

There's a couple of guys that show up every night. Hughes is one of them, so it's not that the Captain isn't leading by example. I don't know what the problem is. But so what, I'm a spectator... What's concerning is the staff doesn't seem to know what the problem is. It's on them to have guys ready to go out and perform every shift and every night, and that's a quality sorely lacking on this team so far.

This is either a turning point, or the beginning of the road to a .500 team.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I was thinking the other day that JD Greenway was invited to the World Junior Summer Showcase in August and entered this season with hopes of playing his way on to the team. Whatever has held him out has really been costly.

Inamoto, Frederic, and Sean Dhooghe were also there. One would think Frederic was considered a lock, Dhooghe perhaps a little less so. I think Inamoto has been playing very well overall. Will be interesting to see who makes it. The team should be announced in the next couple of weeks and will convene Dec. 15th in Columbus, OH. Any Badgers would miss one or both games @ Penn St. Jan 5th and 6th.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I was concerned when Donny left and they brought in another defensive coach. I think it's showing in results.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I was concerned when Donny left and they brought in another defensive coach. I think it's showing in results.
                    Maybe, and overall at the end of the season you might be able to make a strong case, but the Badgers don't lose to St. Lawrence and Mercyhurst at home because of the offensive strategy or offensive coaching. They lost because they didn't make simple plays -- Win 50/50 pucks, protect it, get the puck out of the zone, follow it to the net, etc. I could make a long highlight reel of guys losing the puck, getting beat to position at the net, (or not even trying to get position) and just giving it away in those games. Even long shifting... all the stuff you learn from peewees. They lacked focus and it was tough to watch.

Here's hoping the lesson sinks in this time.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Maybe, and overall at the end of the season you might be able to make a strong case, but the Badgers don't lose to St. Lawrence and Mercyhurst at home because of the offensive strategy or offensive coaching. They lost because they didn't make simple plays -- Win 50/50 pucks, protect it, get the puck out of the zone, follow it to the net, etc. I could make a long highlight reel of guys losing the puck, getting beat to position at the net, (or not even trying to get position) and just giving it away in those games. Even long shifting... all the stuff you learn from peewees. They lacked focus and it was tough to watch.

You know how many times I’ve complained about Linhart doing this only for you to dismiss it? What you described isn’t just a one or two game thing. It’s an every game thing. Linhart and Davison are #1 and #2 at a lot of those things you just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        You know how many times I’ve complained about Linhart doing this only for you to dismiss it? What you described isn’t just a one or two game thing. It’s an every game thing. Linhart and Davison are #1 and #2 at a lot of those things you just mentioned.
                        Badgers are 2-4-2 in their last 8. Linhart is plus and Davison is even. They aren't guys that have to carry this team, just be consistent. I'm not saying Linhart is a star, but he was never supposed to be. He gets a good deal out of his ability and that's what I look for. The guys that have to carry this team, the guys that should be all conference or all American players are all minus over that stretch, and a bunch are on the year.

Lines are out and Tony has shaken things up, fortunately.

Hughes Malone Johnson

Wagner Baker Weissbach

Freytag Frederick Dhooghe

Ford Zirbel J. Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Inamoto Davison

Berry

Let's GO Red.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I'll have to take your word for it as I didn't see it. But something is definitely missing on this team......

Comment

Sunday attendance looks atrocious on big ten network. Yikes it's sparse attendance. Like fifty students.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Sunday attendance looks atrocious on big ten network. Yikes it's sparse attendance. Like fifty students.
                              Understandably, this place is a morgue. Sunday night games should be against the law. I never leave early, but I won't make it 3 periods tonight. Just too boring. G'nightall.

As I go to disconnect, we score!🏒
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Wait, I wasn't at a Buckeyes game?

Comment

Working...
                                X