This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Extra space and Badger's speed has created some good chances. ND hasn't been taking good lines to cut off the puck. They're working to a wall and the wall is ten feet away yet.

Berry is so calm in the net and is really on his lines.

Get ready, the push back is coming. Let's Go Red!
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Oh, man do I miss a good Old Fashioned. I don't even think I could find Brandy down here in Georgia to try and make one.
      With all the Midwesterners in Florida for the winter, I can usually manage to find one here and there. Not up to standards, but passable.
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• These officials suck eggs. 2 ticky tack calls on the Badgers, Dhoogie gets hooked in the open, no call. Now it's tied. Fukkem.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Comment

What a meltdown. Well done.

Comment

Jesus effing Christ
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I hate the Irish almost as much as the gophers and nodak.
                ****ing lucky ********
                Last edited by solovsfett; 12-08-2017, 10:47 PM.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  I hate the Irish almost as much as the gophers and nodak.
                  ****ing lucky ********
                  This.

Too many Pk's and a guy bar downs a backhander standing 20 ft out on the goal line for the GWG. Heartbreaking loss . Again it's win for 50 minutes, lose for 10 and get the game loss. Just can't get over the hump.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    This.

Too many Pk's and a guy bar downs a backhander standing 20 ft out on the goal line for the GWG. Heartbreaking loss . Again it's win for 50 minutes, lose for 10 and get the game loss. Just can't get over the hump.
                    Exactly right, ugh, so frustrating.

Comment

Man...that was almost one of their very best games of the year, quite possibly almost the very best....................and then it wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        Man...that was almost one of their very best games of the year, quite possibly almost the very best....................and then it wasn't.
                        Agreed

Comment

• All I could think of is that 2 goal lead theory. Plus we were ringing pipes, missed a couple open nets, had weak penalties called.

A few fortunate bounces for the luck of the Irish, and then lost. Their strength is their goaltending, we had them. I didn't expect their offense to pop 3. I can't remember the last time I was this frustrated as a fan.😡
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

It was nice of the refs to keep trying to fix their no goal call by continually giving UND pp's until they scored off of one. They almost ran out of time.

I do think UND missed on a lot of high shots that made Berry's night a little less stressful until the end. He played very well, the 3rd goal was just a smart play by them from a non-scary spot on the ice, maybe Berry should have popped up and got to the post, but it happened so fast. So whose in goal tonight? If they go Berry, it's Berry all the way. The break may change that, but we'll see. My gut says Hayton.

I was feeling it up 2-0. They had played almost flawlessly in the D zone until the first goal. Everyone watching the puck and they leave the guy all alone in a bad spot to do that. I was still feeling it up the one goal. That just sucked.

Random thoughts: Weissbach seems to be finding his groove. I like the 4 forward pp with Kalynuk. They are trying to get the most talented guys on the ice together. I guess that also says UW is lacking offensive defensemen this year. How will that ever change? Johnson seems a little lost out there right now, he doesn't seem to be involved in creating chances like he was earlier in the season, Wags is kinda in that same spot as well as the lines have been changing a lot. I do miss the periods when the same guys usually played together all the time, my old brain can't keep up with the changes. (MJ has been running the same 9 players on the top 3 lines for months and the D pairs haven't changed all year LOL.) How does Freytag manage to get every shot on net from any spot on the ice? It seems like he never misses. I still hate Jeff Jackson from 1992, I hate all teams called UND and those gold helmet are annoying.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                              What a meltdown. Well done.
                              Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              This.

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Exactly right, ugh, so frustrating.
                              Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              Yep yep yep. Story of this year. Play well (probably best hockey of the year) and meltdown for ten minutes. They started playing prevent and I told my friend they needed to keep up the offensive pressure. Nope. Frederic was gassed in the third. There were pucks he could have got to but didn't move his feet.

Most disappointing loss of the year for me. Ugh. We'll see how they respond tonight.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Just a tough one to swallow. We're on the pk for 10 of 15 minutes in the latter part of the second and the early third and it really took it's toll. I'm not big on complaining about officiating but after reviewing a little this morning, I'm going to anyway. What really burns me is the call on Zirbel. And it's not even that it can't be called, but the ref right there (Thul, who has been reffing forever) no calls it (which was right) and the guy 120 feet away (Desrosiers,who's in his first year of reffing) makes the call. It's like a back judge calling pass interference, it's just wrong, let alone he's overriding the guy with all the experience. We're awesome on our 5th PK and still have the mojo, but then to compound it, 1 minute later Desrosiers makes a terrible, stupid, awful call on Berry for tripping. It was complete horse****.

That proved to be a bridge too far as the mick's scored seconds after the kill, the boys were visibly gassed, and it all just went against us from there.

And who at UW is in charge of paying off the officials now? Because that person should be fired.

Tons of effort and good, smart play by the Badgers... They really did things right all night and 5x5 they were dominating most of the play, although the Irish giants on the 3rd/4th lines gave us trouble. Just all makes me feel bad for the boys coming up short.

But, having said all that, it's another Great Day for Hockey! Time to suck it up and get a big win to end the first half. Let's go Red!
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X