X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    How can the coaches receive a pass when the defense and goaltending is this atrocious and have not improved one iota since the beginning of the season?

I wouldn't give em a pass, but no amount of coaching is gonna make those two goalies anything more than what they are - mediocre.

The defense is awful and they are making the same mistakes over and over.

Do you think these mistakes are being ignored?

My guess is that they are being pointed out and corrective advice is being offered. Demanded, even.

Some guys just won't ever get it.

Davison, for instance. The play he made on the Gopher who scored.

All he had to do on that play was beat the Gopher to the near post. He had inside position. Literally, I would have beaten the Gopher to the post.

Instead, he stays on the Gopher's left heel allowing the Gopher to cut and shield the puck and gets skated around and gives up a quality scoring chance that ends in a goal.

He's been coached since squirts to keep himself between that attacker and the front of the net and to defend between the dots.

What amount of further coaching should he need at this point? It's defense 101 and should be reflexive by this stage.

Again - this is a mediocre team with mediocre players.

And stupid ones at that - at least in our zone.

Comment

• What was up with the forwards insisting on going backwards every time they got the puck. Like curling with the puck is workable sometimes but every time is overkill.

Also, apparently JD Greenway is healthy per Milewski... hasn’t played since Friday against Michigan.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was the worst game I have ever attended. And, based on the last few seasons, that's saying a lot. Talk about crapping the bed at the worst possible time - just embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
          I'm pretty sure that was the worst game I have ever attended. And, based on the last few seasons, that's saying a lot. Talk about crapping the bed at the worst possible time - just embarrassing.
          The 9-2 game was just as bad. Attended both.

Comment

One thing I've never understood is the pulling of the goalie to "give the team a spark" move, even IF it's not his fault. Berry would have to be an octopus to stop the 1st 3 goals (possibly could've stopped the 3rd one).

If the team needs a spark, perhaps sit the players who need that ****ing spark?
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              One thing I've never understood is the pulling of the goalie to "give the team a spark" move, even IF it's not his fault. Berry would have to be an octopus to stop the 1st 3 goals (possibly could've stopped the 3rd one).

If the team needs a spark, perhaps sit the players who need that ****ing spark?
              Unfortunately, that might not have left enough players for a single line from what I saw.

Comment

The Badgers were definitely bad last night and combined with one of the Gophers best efforts of the season is how you get a score that lopsided. That said I kinda doubt the badgers came out and decided they weren’t gonna give a full effort or whatever, I think it’s mostly just their bad D got exploited and our team actually decided to be aggressive and take advantage for once (and had some shooting luck etc.). Their goalies didn’t have much of a chance with how the D played and they had a really off night.

Either way I’m not sure effort would be the first thing I’d point to, the blue line is such a glaring hole and hopefully for your sake there are a bunch of Dmen coming in next year.

Comment

https://t.co/rhGMQaiYzq?amp=1
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    I can easily see how 13 & 15 yr olds would be intimidated by a campus like UW. When I was 20 (1989), I had enrolled @ UW after getting 2 years in @ UW West Bend, but after a few trips onto the campus, it just felt insanely huge and I'm a small town guy. It just did not feel right. Looking back at it, I can't believe I declined the opportunity to be a crease creature (what was I thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), but going to Whitewater was definitely the right call, it felt so right. Now that I'm a little past 20 yrs old, the world seems a lot smaller and it sounds like the world got a little smaller for the Caufields a lot sooner than it did for me.

The old rebuild's gonna be a 4 year thing unfortunately. Last season was a way too early tease.

I also hate pulling the goalie to wake up the team. I'd much rather call a TO and chew their asses out on the bench and take away minutes of the poor performers.

The 3rd rodent goal was the poster child of patheticness as MCR did a great breakdown of what went wrong there.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I find it funny in this day and age (electronic, connected) that a kid from Steven's Point would think that Madison is too big.

I haven't been to Columbus, but is it a lot smaller?

Either way... glad they ended up here.

Anther kid that my boy played against and that's always fun to see.

Comment

Guessing that the staff at the time had a bit to do with their decision. Things weren’t looking too good back in ‘14

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

I haven't been to Columbus, but is it a lot smaller?

Columbus, OH is 3+ times the size of Madison, WI.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Caufield bros never had visited OSU before they verbally committed at ages 13 and 15. At those ages, it’s just cool to say you are committed to a D1 school.

I played against their dad while he was at Stevens Point. He was an animal...

Comment

I think one thing that is a bit different with Madison is that the campus is so spread out. Who knows if that is what they meant by 'big?'
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Ohio State's main campus is 107 acres smaller than Wisconsin's times 2. Officially 1765 acres. We average between 50-60,000 enrollment at the main campus.
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-12-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Ohio State's main campus is 107 acres smaller than Wisconsin's times 2. Officially 1765 acres. We average between 59-60,000 enrollment at the main campus.
                                Huh. Good to know.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X