X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
    That's all fine and good (nevermind that we are already all technically paying extra for BTN) - but the promise of BTN was to offer coverage of Big 10 sports, and when the Big 10 demanded the creation of the Big "10" Hockey Conference, BTN promised to cover it. And here we are with first round series that BTN claimed broadcast rights to, and none of the games are being broadcast. It's made even more frustrating that BTN has so many alternate channels that they deploy for Football coverage, but refuse to use for situations like postseason play which would help build the fanbase - or at least help keep those of us who haven't abandoned college hockey after the Badgers left the WCHA engaged with the support. There is no excuse for the conference's own network to not be covering the post season tournament.
    I don't disagree and miss the WCHA, but it is what it is at this point.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
      That's all fine and good (nevermind that we are already all technically paying extra for BTN) - but the promise of BTN was to offer coverage of Big 10 sports, and when the Big 10 demanded the creation of the Big "10" Hockey Conference, BTN promised to cover it. And here we are with first round series that BTN claimed broadcast rights to, and none of the games are being broadcast. It's made even more frustrating that BTN has so many alternate channels that they deploy for Football coverage, but refuse to use for situations like postseason play which would help build the fanbase - or at least help keep those of us who haven't abandoned college hockey after the Badgers left the WCHA engaged with the support. There is no excuse for the conference's own network to not be covering the post season tournament.
      Delaney screwed hockey and BB when he decided to play BB in MSG this weekend. They won't be doing that again, apparently. I was watching the Coyotes game last night and the rodents have all their games on different FSN platforms, so they did something to get the games on the tube.

I agree with all the alternate BTN channels they could have pulled this off. The BTN is flush with money, they can't cry that they can't afford to produce 4-6 hockey games this weekend. BTN is a JOKE.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a great day for hockey.

Come on lads, pull yourself up off the canvas, stand there and deliver some blows.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Congrats to the WCHA for renaming their championship trophy after Jeff Sauer. Terrific move on their part.

Michigan is the team I preferred to play even though the Weasels have some mojo going lately. Still think Michigan then Notre Dame is good draw for the Badgers under the circumstances.

Having said that, it's the same deal as all season. Good Badgers show up, they are probably the better team. Bad Badgers show up and it's not even close. Going to have to be some real soul searching by the staff after the season no matter what happens. I have never in my life seen any team that can come up with such disparate performances night to night or weekend to weekend. Staff has to figure out why they have not been able to get the expected performance out of their players. Perhaps some adjustments in the approach. Unlike the pros, you have the guys you have for the season. You can't send them down and get new guys. Your good players have to play and they have to play well. Will be interesting to hear the post mortems on the season when it's done.

I prefer Berry in net vs. the sniping weasels, I guess. Although I suspect it will be Kyle and then a change if there's a loss. Michigan would move uncomfortably toward the bubble if they lose this series, obviously the Badgers would be done. It's always very hard to end any team's season so I do expect some good hockey to be played in this series.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

In keeping with the theme this season and as expected, we have the 33rd different line up:

Zimmer Frederic Wagner

Ustaski Hughes Johnson

Freytag Malone Weissbach

Ford Baker S.Dhooghe

Tiscke Kalynuk

Inamoto Greenway

Linhart Davison

Hayton

After being a healthy scratch on Saturday, Johnson has worked his way up to the top 6, and Zimmer has worked his way up to the top line. I like that all the best centers on the team are playing center.

Crunch time is here. LET'S GO RED!!!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Ah yes, let's keep giving them power plays. It's working out so well for us.

Comment

**** the BTN. I thought it was on BTN2Go, but it's on BTN Plus. I pay DirecTV for an extra tier that includes BTN. Why should I pay more just to line some execs pockets with money? **** them and everything they're about, including B1G hockey. Now they're ****ing up hockey.
                I am ****ed.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

LOL Frederic you're so ****ing lazy. How about some defense bucko. Otherwise get off the pk.
                  Last edited by digitalbooya; 03-02-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

4 power play goals?!? Really?!?!
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      4 power play goals?!? Really?!?!
                      Huge 5 minute power play here. HAVE to score.

Comment

So, did anyone else happen to notice the USCHO live scoreboard earlier today? I logged in from work to check schedules times (at @ 4:30 eastern this afternoon). All games were listed, except Wisconsin/Michigan was showing Wisconsin 3, Michigan 2 with 0:03 to play in period 3. I thought, hmm, they're playing early? It hadn't changed after @ 5 minutes, so I drilled into the box score, and noticed that the individual goal scorers didn't add up. So I scrolled to the goalkeeping stats, and they had Blomquist listed as the starter! On the plus side, they had him listed for 41 saves!!! Maybe our choice in starting goaltender really is what's been holding us back all year? At that point I went to the badgers site to confirm time and saw it was a mistake (I assume somehow the programming turned the March 2 date into a 3-2 score - not sure why no other games were affected).

From disappointed I thought I missed it, to disappointed that we weren't actually about to win, to my current disappointment with the real live score.

And all trying in the vain hope of a TV listing - so as others have said, extremely disappointed in the Big ten network.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                          So, did anyone else happen to notice the USCHO live scoreboard earlier today? I logged in from work to check schedules times (at @ 4:30 eastern this afternoon). All games were listed, except Wisconsin/Michigan was showing Wisconsin 3, Michigan 2 with 0:03 to play in period 3. I thought, hmm, they're playing early? It hadn't changed after @ 5 minutes, so I drilled into the box score, and noticed that the individual goal scorers didn't add up. So I scrolled to the goalkeeping stats, and they had Blomquist listed as the starter! On the plus side, they had him listed for 41 saves!!! Maybe our choice in starting goaltender really is what's been holding us back all year? At that point I went to the badgers site to confirm time and saw it was a mistake (I assume somehow the programming turned the March 2 date into a 3-2 score - not sure why no other games were affected).

From disappointed I thought I missed it, to disappointed that we weren't actually about to win, to my current disappointment with the real live score.

And all trying in the vain hope of a TV listing - so as others have said, extremely disappointed in the Big ten network.
                          They're too busy sucking the teat of the basketball gang.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So what in the gd hell is wrong with this team???

A 3-1 lead turns into a 4-3 deficit in one period?

Next year I hope all the frosh D start and the goalie as well. Push everyone out who cannot effing defend at a D-1 level.

I'm just ****ed beyond belief. And f Mel person and Jeff Jackson (1992) too!!!!👿👿👿👿

EDIT: yes, Solo is having a few thinners😈
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              They're too busy sucking the teat of the basketball gang.
                              As well stated as it ever could be.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Last post of the night...

One of us was ripping 10 all season and I agree. Let's face it, who does Brookfield play in hockey that would challenge their players to skate and stick handle?

I digress, the only D I've heard most of the year are 2 and 20.

In O,...where are/were 17,18,19 and 34 when it really counts?

Ok...end of rant. Thinner is kicking in full tilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X