X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    26th in the Pairwise and 7 in the human poll. I think TG's reputation is getting UW ranked 7th and not their play.
    Pity votes. Watch for buzzards.

Edit: We need either two series per year or game threads. I didn't get the cheap trash talk out of my system.
    Last edited by burd; 11-06-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Greenway practiced today for the first time since September.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        10 and 6 are the main (often the only) PK pair, 10 plays PP, and when they lost Inamoto and got short, 10 and 6 were each going practically every other shift. Which they do when they shorten the bench anyway. 10, 6, 34, and 13 suck up a ton of ice time every week. (I don't know why they don't just put Justin Schultz in instead?) You'll have to take it up with Oz as he's apparently not paying attention to how awful 10 is.
        I’d love to pick Osiecki’s brain on it, that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

Edit: We need either two series per year or game threads. I didn't get the cheap trash talk out of my system.

Same here!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Greenway practiced today for the first time since September.
            I don't think it's a good idea at all, but JD and Tyler Inamoto would sure make for one nasty pair to have play against.

In any case that's good news. Hope he can catch up and get back in action soon.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              I don't think it's a good idea at all, but JD and Tyler Inamoto would sure make for one nasty pair to have play against.

In any case that's good news. Hope he can catch up and get back in action soon.
              They'd also end up in the box a lot
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                They'd also end up in the box a lot
                Yeah, but it would be fantastic fun for the first five minutes. I feel like those two fellas have no problem with putting on the foil.

(That is why it's perhaps not a good idea.)
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I forgot to congratulate all you guys that showed up last weekend at the KC. I had said I thought 20-22k for the weekend would be pretty darn good for this early in the season and you blew that completely out of the water with a paid attendance of .... 22,006!

Obviously not yet where we'd like, but still, small steps in a positive direction!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    You're getting ranked on potential like everyone else right now. The Pairwise means nothing at the moment.
                    I think by now there is enough of a body of work to rank based on completed games and ditch the potential angle.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      26th in pairwise rankings. This team has a ways to go. I thought we would be better to be perfectly honest - all american in goal and some new studs. There is going to have to be much more improvement to make the playoffs, or be in the upper half of the Big Ten. My concerns about losing Donnie affecting the offense still remains and I think it is going to continue to hurt....
                      I hadn't even thought about that until you originally posted that. Now, you're making me wonder..........
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

That may be true but it seems a pretty subjective observation at this point.

Last year through 11 games GF/GA were 35/33. This year through 11 it's 36 GF and 28 GA. Badgers scored 3 or more in 6 of 11 last year and 8 of 11 this year. It's hard to say the offense is worse, although I grant it's a smallish sample.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          That may be true but it seems a pretty subjective observation at this point.

Last year through 11 games GF/GA were 35/33. This year through 11 it's 36 GF and 28 GA. Badgers scored 3 or more in 6 of 11 last year and 8 of 11 this year. It's hard to say the offense is worse, although I grant it's a smallish sample.
                          Also, the defense should improve with Greenway in the lineup, now that he is back and practicing.

The offense looks a good deal more balanced in my opinion and hopefully that plays out well as the season goes on.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Here's a few offensive things Badgers lead the nation in!

Even Strength goals - 27; Single Assist Goals - 12; Neutral site goals- 8; Goals when tied - 16; Penalty shot goals- 2 ; First Goal of Game - 9;

They are also second to PSU (36) in Player-Games Scoring One Goal or More with 32.

Fascinating stuff!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Here's a few offensive things Badgers lead the nation in!

Even Strength goals - 27; Single Assist Goals - 12; Neutral site goals- 8; Goals when tied - 16; Penalty shot goals- 2 ; First Goal of Game - 9;

They are also second to PSU (36) in Player-Games Scoring One Goal or More with 32.

Fascinating stuff!
                              Where do you get all these stats???? Maybe I am off-base, but i was expecting some pretty large improvements over last year based on depth and the talented freshman class. I haven't seen it so far, but have only seen two games live and one was the stinker against St Lawrence.....
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Let's take a quick (and early) look at some numbers for this weekend:

UW - 6-4-1 (1-1-0-0) 4T BIG
                                USCHO Poll - #7
                                PWR - #26
                                RPI - #26
                                Team O - 3.27 - 14
                                Team D - 2.55 - 19
                                PP - 9/39 23.08 - 19
                                PK - 34/41 82.9 - 24

Michigan State - 4-4-0 (0-2-0-0) 7 BIG
                                USCHO Poll - not receiving votes
                                PWR - #17
                                RPI - #17
                                Team O - 2.75 - 31T
                                Team D - 2.88 - 27T
                                PP - 8/38 21.05 - 27
                                PK - 24/31 77.4 - 38

Michigan State comes in with 2 players scoring at better than 1 pt/gm. Lewandowski and Hirose have both tallied 9 points in 8 games.

Wisconsin boasts the most penalized player of the match-up, with Inamoto sitting at 11-33 so far, the best (worst) that MSU has to offer is Osburn at 6-12.

In 11 games, UW has scored first in 8 of them and carries a 5-3 record in those games. MSU has played 8 games and is 2-1 when scoring first.
                                UW has an edge in first period goals at 12-7, largely tied to their advantage in shots at 97-74. Conversely, MSU has been outscored in the first by 9-6 behind shot totals of 74-69.
                                There is certainly the opportunity for UW to get on the scoreboard early, and if that happens I like what the numbers say.

The biggest number that jumps out to me says that UW needs to put shots on net in order to win. MSU is 4-0-0 when out-shooting their opponent, and 0-3-0 when getting out-shot. They are also 0-1-0 when tied in shots.

The other big number is that UW needs to get in front early. UW is 4-1-1 when leading after 1 and 5-0-0 when leading after 2. MSU is 0-4-0 when trailing after 1 and 1-2-0 after 2.

None of that should be surprising...put up lots of shots and get ahead of the other team and you tend to be in a position to win.

Both teams are coming off of tough weekends, UW 0-1-1 vs NoDak and MSU 0-2-0 at Minny.

This used to be so easy, I could say I want to see them get at least 3 points; a win and a tie for 3 or a sweep for 4. Now you change it to 3 points per game and shoot outs and it gets all kinds of confusing...so I think I'd say at least 4 of the 6 points would be great; so they could get that with a sweep for 6 points, a W and a SO W for 5, a W and a SO L for 4, a pair of SO Ws for 4, did I miss any other combinations to get to 4?

Comment

Working...
                                X