• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Digital, get got?
    Meaning:
    Take a hike.
    Get lost.
    Last edited by digitalbooya; 01-12-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Agree that it's a brutal headline, but as for the bold part, I do recall a SLU fan in this very thread this summer who went on and on and on, virtually promising Hayton could walk on water. I was totally psyched!

It turns out though that the water had to be frozen first.
      I was one SLU fan that got on your thread and explained what Hayton could bring to the party. I’ve watched a number the games this year if they don’t conflict with SLU games and even went to the games when we played you. From what I’ve seen, and i played goalie for many years, do any of you really think the reason for for this teams many failures are all on Hayton ? It’s so easy to do that. You could have Roy, Quick or Price between the pipes, and nothing would be different. What about the lazy, gutless “efforts” of many of your forwards. What about the trainwreck that is your Defense ? What about the “Dream Team” coaching staff that wouldn’t know how to make an adjustment if it slapped them in the face. Tonight’s pathetic loss to a horrible team exposes the real problems with your team. I actually feel sorry for Hayton who busted his *** last summer thinking he was transferring to a Frozen Four contender. In reality,who actually got screwed here ? My Saints are awful this year, but at least they bust *** every game with the expectation they actually want to win. More than I can say about your team. It’s a real shame to see how Wisconsin has fallen from the many great years they had.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Well, this team is lost. I don't know where the problem lies exactly but it can't solely be the loss of Don Granato.

But that does loom large considering now they cannot score to save their lives and that sickens me.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I was thinking about MS and his time at OSU. They didn't have any issues scoring when he was there. For what it's worth the Hawks are struggling with DG on their coaching staff, LOL.

Ian Perrin said UW installed a breakout to try and defeat boring MSU trap and practiced a lot on it. I guess it didn't work.

Bottom line is the players have to want it. I guess at this point they don't. We're still only 1 full class into TG's recruits. It's going to be a process. Last year's overachievement has royally screwed up expectations for this year.

I am looking forward to doing the UW hockey double today. On Wisconsin!
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by SLUfan442 View Post
            I was one SLU fan that got on your thread and explained what Hayton could bring to the party. I’ve watched a number the games this year if they don’t conflict with SLU games and even went to the games when we played you. From what I’ve seen, and i played goalie for many years, do any of you really think the reason for for this teams many failures are all on Hayton ? It’s so easy to do that. You could have Roy, Quick or Price between the pipes, and nothing would be different. What about the lazy, gutless “efforts” of many of your forwards. What about the trainwreck that is your Defense ? What about the “Dream Team” coaching staff that wouldn’t know how to make an adjustment if it slapped them in the face. Tonight’s pathetic loss to a horrible team exposes the real problems with your team. I actually feel sorry for Hayton who busted his *** last summer thinking he was transferring to a Frozen Four contender. In reality,who actually got screwed here ? My Saints are awful this year, but at least they bust *** every game with the expectation they actually want to win. More than I can say about your team. It’s a real shame to see how Wisconsin has fallen from the many great years they had.
            Hayton hasn't been the only problem, there aren't any if us who are saying he is. He hasn't been lights out, but it just seems like the whole team can't get in sync in the D zone. Last night was probably the worst game of the year for UW. I can see your point about actually got screwed. If there is any hope for this team to get doing Berry and Hayton need to play very well.

Comment

Too bad we couldn’t borrow a few goals from the Omaha/Miami game yesterday...
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Too bad we couldn’t borrow a few goals from the Omaha/Miami game yesterday...
                That wasn't a fake/photoshopped picture I saw on twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUfan442 View Post

Settle down Larry. Nobody is saying Kyle has been the only problem with this team. What I am saying is that in 6 of his 8 losses the guy in the other net was better. Sometimes much better. I've seen 8 All-Americans between the pipes at Wisconsin and a couple more that probably should have been. I know what they look like and Kyle has not played anywhere near that standard consistently in the first half. Just ask him and he'll tell you. As far as feeling sorry for him? He left a program that's currently a complete dumpster fire. Even overlooking this season's hi-jinks, the Saints have played one NCAA tourney game in 15 years. He chose to go to a storied program that appeared to be on the rise. Had he gone to any other top contender his inconsistent play would have just earned him a permanent seat on the bench by now. It did here but the Badger's inconsistent play has given him yet another opportunity. And he has been excellent since the break, looking much more like the guy who played the first couple of games this year. He didn't get screwed and I don't feel sorry for him. That's ridiculous.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Interesting factoid of the day:

If the Badger's fail to reach the NCAA's this year it will be only the second senior class in 50 years to never play in the tourney.

The other? Tony Granato's class of '87. Astonishing, considering the players they had, but after winning the '83 title, the Badger's missed the post season the next 4 years despite winning 21-25-27-23 games each year respectively.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Put my jersey on for the first time in forever. Score some **** goals!

Comment

• Goals goals goals! Yayyy!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          Put my jersey on for the first time in forever. Score some **** goals!
                          Don't wash that jersey!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Don't wash that jersey!
                            Hey! It wasn't his jersey, it was my attendance with the kids tonight! PM me and I'll give you my address to send tickets/money for tickets for the rest of the home games. On Wisconsin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Settle down Larry. Nobody is saying Kyle has been the only problem with this team. What I am saying is that in 6 of his 8 losses the guy in the other net was better. Sometimes much better. I've seen 8 All-Americans between the pipes at Wisconsin and a couple more that probably should have been. I know what they look like and Kyle has not played anywhere near that standard consistently in the first half. Just ask him and he'll tell you. As far as feeling sorry for him? He left a program that's currently a complete dumpster fire. Even overlooking this season's hi-jinks, the Saints have played one NCAA tourney game in 15 years. He chose to go to a storied program that appeared to be on the rise. Had he gone to any other top contender his inconsistent play would have just earned him a permanent seat on the bench by now. It did here but the Badger's inconsistent play has given him yet another opportunity. And he has been excellent since the break, looking much more like the guy who played the first couple of games this year. He didn't get screwed and I don't feel sorry for him. That's ridiculous.
                              Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Wisko, My point here is that Hayton seems to be the fall guy here. I will agree that he didn’t look as sharp as he usually is, but I didn’t see him let in a bunch of bad goals either. Has anyone considered he also might have been totally mentally worn out from taking a whole year of classes, and an internship in 99 days during the summer ? Maybe it had no effect, but maybe it did. Players need time off to reenergize and rest. He had none of that. Most goals that I saw were choice scoring chances in the slot, usually resulting from brain dead turnovers in your own zone. Your PK is a disaster, and many of your forwards don’t play two way hockey, some not even one way hockey !!! Your best D guys would be third liners on many teams, or bench warmers in the stands on others. I can’t remember watching a team making so many huge mistakes in their own zone. The Wisconsin team I saw last year up at Appleton looked like a totally different team. Every shift was all out, and they looked very impressive. It’s one of the very few games Hayton didn’t play in. Maybe he was expecting something more like that this season, who knows ? All that’s obvious is the team this year isn’t even close to what you had last year, just like our team. You win games with great defense, and just like SLU this year, your defense is a comedy of errors. Slow, inconsistent, lazy, immature and mistake ridden. I also believe losing Don Granato has done this team enormous damage as it seems to me that your present coaches don’t make the adjustments they should be. SLU might not have made the tournament lately, but I don’t believe the mighty Badgers have done much for a while either. Also don’t forget, that we came down to Madison 0-11 and soundly beat you Saturday Night, in a game where we outplayed you, more or less in every department ! Hayton didn’t get the start, so you can’t pin that on him. So who’s living in the past here, cos I personally don’t think your programs going anywhere anytime soon !

Comment

https://youtu.be/JjYeREIHCsw

Now...keep it up the rest of the way
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X