X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    With all the Midwesterners in Florida for the winter, I can usually manage to find one here and there. Not up to standards, but passable.
    It's not Brandy you can't find it's bitters. They don't even know what bitters is....

Inamoto/Davison were so much better last night than they have been. Inamoto was downright aggressive and physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      It was nice of the refs to keep trying to fix their no goal call by continually giving UND pp's until they scored off of one. They almost ran out of time.

I do think UND missed on a lot of high shots that made Berry's night a little less stressful until the end. He played very well, the 3rd goal was just a smart play by them from a non-scary spot on the ice, maybe Berry should have popped up and got to the post, but it happened so fast. So whose in goal tonight? If they go Berry, it's Berry all the way. The break may change that, but we'll see. My gut says Hayton.

I was feeling it up 2-0. They had played almost flawlessly in the D zone until the first goal. Everyone watching the puck and they leave the guy all alone in a bad spot to do that. I was still feeling it up the one goal. That just sucked.

Random thoughts: Weissbach seems to be finding his groove. I like the 4 forward pp with Kalynuk. They are trying to get the most talented guys on the ice together. I guess that also says UW is lacking offensive defensemen this year. How will that ever change? Johnson seems a little lost out there right now, he doesn't seem to be involved in creating chances like he was earlier in the season, Wags is kinda in that same spot as well as the lines have been changing a lot. I do miss the periods when the same guys usually played together all the time, my old brain can't keep up with the changes. (MJ has been running the same 9 players on the top 3 lines for months and the D pairs haven't changed all year LOL.) How does Freytag manage to get every shot on net from any spot on the ice? It seems like he never misses. I still hate Jeff Jackson from 1992, I hate all teams called UND and those gold helmet are annoying.
      Excuse me.

I know I have not been invited to this discussion, but I have a request. Please not refer to ND as or confuse them with UND. We have a name to uphold, and this is hockey, not BB or hopscotch.
      Last edited by burd; 12-09-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        It's not Brandy you can't find it's bitters. They don't even know what bitters is....
        Good point. I'll have to try and find some to bring back to Georgia when I go up in February.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Excuse me.

I know I have not been invited to this discussion, but I have a request. Please not refer to ND as or confuse them with UND. We have a name to uphold, and this is hockey, not BB or hopscotch.
          Someone finally commented on the UND thing. I win.

Hayton in goal tonight.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Someone finally commented on the UND thing. I win.
            Trolling burd is not much of a victory.

Comment

• Somebody please tell me why Hayton still drops to the butterfly before a guy shoots? (I know that's his style, blah, blah, but this isn't the ECAC, guys can actually shoot where they're aiming &#128521. That was the book on him pre-season and it has continued all year. He still hasn't stolen one for us; the line is tired during the PP, they need a change, you've got to steal one in the net. He didn't.

Get off my snow covered lawn.

EDIT: My confidence (and all of the people around me) in Hayton is close to zero. That third goal was *********g disgusting. I don't think I'm over reacting.
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-09-2017, 08:29 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Hayton is so overrated it's appalling.

Start Berry from here out and play Hayton only when Berry can't go.

MCR you're spot on. Hayton isn't up to facing the big boys each weekend.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Give up 3 goals on 15 shots...

Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 12-09-2017, 08:40 PM.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    the line is tired during the PP, they need a change,
                    This and the too many men... Really avoidable mistakes.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Goaltending continues to be a problem. For how many committed players we have we really need to focus on recruiting a netminder.

Comment

Since 1984-85 i've not seen a goalie as terrible as Hayton at Wisconsin. Jesus

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• What a shocker! Burke with 2 goals gets a breakaway, where does he shoot? Top cheddar for the Hattie with Hayton on his knees. Re****ingmarkable.
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-09-2017, 09:32 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Since 1984-85 i've not seen a goalie as terrible as Hayton at Wisconsin. Jesus
                            I trust Granato doesn't have the olympics on his mind, but this absolutely sucks. Hayton is officially a bust, I'm very surprised he started tonight. Go with Berry #1. Like I previously posted, at least he's not a rental.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              I trust Granato doesn't have the olympics on his mind, but this absolutely sucks. Hayton is officially a bust, I'm very surprised he started tonight. Go with Berry #1. Like I previously posted, at least he's not a rental.
                              Absolutely. Start Berry from here out. Trust Mike Richter's endorsement.

Starting Berry and adding Greenway may yet get the team to 20 wins but it will be tough sledding regardless now.

Comment

How do we know we even have the real Kyle Hayton?

I mean the only other time we've seen him he was wearing a mask! Maybe the real Hayton is off playing in Finland or somewhere and this is just some guy that went to SLU they stuck on a plane to Madison.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X