This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

I've always preached to others that hockey officials are the least "invasive species" of all the sports. USUALLY, although there are 4 on the ice at major levels, they are unobtrusive.

I hope those people I have preached to over the years weren't watching last night.

I don't think bad officials cost us the game, maybe momentum, but they still suck.

If the go blue gang thought WE were told to rough it up, it proves they are more delusional than everybody else in the country thinks.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-03-2018, 04:35 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Biggest thing was the refs didn't get control of the game. They don't even have to send everyone to the box to do that if they are on top of things and talking to the boys. That, the inconsistency was frustrating, and the call on Berry was stupid. Either no call or match 'em up if you don't want to stand there and watch, but giving the weasels a PP in that situation is just dumb.

Sadly, Seamus is out with his messed up shoulder. That didn't look good at all last night.

So lines are:

Weissbach Frederic Wagner

Zimmer Hughes S.Dhooghe

Freytag Baker Johnson

Hurley Ustaski J.Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Linhart Kalynuk

Inamoto Davison Greenway

Scratch one D or on F and away we go. Sounds like Kyle Hayton will be back in net.

Look for the Captain to make something happen with all the speed on that line tonight.

Beat the Weasels! Let's GO RED!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Nervous for these last twenty minutes. Need another goal to put it away. We will have the season series with Michigan if we win so we would flip that comparison back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Tischke with the worst penalty of the weekend. Stupid.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Big win and more importantly have the season series so win tiebreakers

Comment

• Text msg from MCR JR after the game who was streaming from Rochester....."Do we still drive you crazy, Pops?"

"Yes, son. I still haven't figured out your mother after almost 30 years, but I WILL NEVER FIGURE OUT ****ING GOALIES."

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Big win and more importantly have the season series so win tiebreakers

Good win for the Badgers tonight. Your goalie made some fantastic saves tonight. As for last night, BOTH teams mixed it up, there was a lot less of that tonight, although almost in a reverse of last night, Wisconsin took some interesting penalties tonight when up by 3 and then 2 goals, to sorta give Michigan a little life.

Again, a good win for the Badgers.
                Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

• Bummed the boys didn’t get a sweep. Totally deserved it.

Kill the rodents next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Text msg from MCR JR after the game who was streaming from Rochester....."Do we still drive you crazy, Pops?"

"Yes, son. I still haven't figured out your mother after almost 30 years, but I WILL NEVER FIGURE OUT ****ING GOALIES."
                    It's a weird position, some days your legs feel great and the puck looks like a beach ball. Other days, you dread the puck entering the zone because your legs feel like cement and you aren't picking the puck up....these feelings get worse as you age. Then the hips become an issue...

You have mentioned your son played at a high level, so I am sure you have seen it all and felt it all as a parent.

It can be a lonely place back there at times....I'm sure the same could be said for you in the stands from time-to-time.

Comment

I'd say Hayton outplayed Berry this weekend, but UM did miss the net last night on some pretty clean looks. This team desperately needs a goalie to grab the reigns.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• For sure, Tim. Just when we get comfy with "A", he has a set back, then "B" comes in with good games, then get comfy with him, etc, etc.

By the way, how good is the Posick-Brophy TV duo? With respect to Adam Burish when he's with Posick on TV, Brophy is special. He's been connected to local sports, especially hockey for over 30 years (is my guess)!

Let's sweep the goofs to launch a hope-to-be NCAA bid. Saturday sounds like it's close to sold out, with Friday night at about 10,500 currently.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-04-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

For sure, Tim. Just when we get comfy with "A", he has a set back, then "B" comes in with good games, then get comfy with him, etc, etc.

By the way, how good is the Posick-Brophy TV duo? With respect to Adam Burish when he's with Posick on TV, Brophy is special. He's been connected to local sports, especially hockey for over 30 years (is my guess)!

Let's sweep the goofs to launch a hope-to-be NCAA bid. Saturday sounds like it's close to sold out, with Friday night at about 10,500 currently.
                          I'm actually going to be in Wisconsin next weekend, but won't be at the games as I'll be up in Eagle River for the pond hockey tournament.

Hopefully I will give the team some luck just by being back in the state.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            I'm actually going to be in Wisconsin next weekend, but won't be at the games as I'll be up in Eagle River for the pond hockey tournament.

Hopefully I will give the team some luck just by being back in the state.
                            I have a brother in Land O' Lakes township so I make it up there for the tourney almost every year. It's quite a spectacle! Good luck!

Comment

I have a brother in Land O' Lakes township so I make it up there for the tourney almost every year. It's quite a spectacle! Good luck!
                              Oh, our team stinks. We're just there for the 3 games and the drinking and eating that go along with the weekend.

Our team name this year is '0-and-3.'
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                Oh, our team stinks. We're just there for the 3 games and the drinking and eating that go along with the weekend.

Our team name this year is '0-and-3.'
                                Haha, awesome! There was a team there about 5 years ago that had the Slow Moving Vehicle emblem embroidered on their sweaters.

Comment

Working...
                                X