X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Last post of the night...

One of us was ripping 10 all season and I agree. Let's face it, who does Brookfield play in hockey that would challenge their players to skate and stick handle?

I digress, the only D I've heard most of the year are 2 and 20.

In O,...where are/were 17,18,19 and 34 when it really counts?

Ok...end of rant. Thinner is kicking in full tilt.
    Mrs MadCity hauled me away for walleye at Great Dane, so I had a few Old Fashions myself. Then I got home to find the game NOT on BTN2Go, which I already ranted about. It's so much fun ****ing and moaning with a 6 shot buzz working. I'll say it again, there are a bunch of guys on this team who will be dusters next October...that is if they're still on the team.

The Hayton experiment was a bust. 6 goals on 29 shots tonight? Lavigne for meatchicken had 48. Just 2 more ****ing saves and we win. 🐮💩
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-02-2018, 09:25 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Walleye and Old Fashions! Stop! You're making me homesick!

My guess is we've seen Hayton's last game. I'd think Jack gets the nod tomorrow and goes 'til he loses. Funny thing is that we're all excited about Zhukov who I believe is currently 8th in the USHL in sv%. I think Matt Jurusik is 7th.

Sucks to lose this game as the boys really played well 5x5. After getting that goal disallowed and then giving up one, they went right back to work and got 3 in the net. Instead of "here we go again" I was thinking that maybe tonight was gonna be their night. Nope.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Last post of the night...

One of us was ripping 10 all season and I agree. Let's face it, who does Brookfield play in hockey that would challenge their players to skate and stick handle?

I digress, the only D I've heard most of the year are 2 and 20.

In O,...where are/were 17,18,19 and 34 when it really counts?

Ok...end of rant. Thinner is kicking in full tilt.
        He's almost gone. Wasn't he playing with Davison tonight? What a disaster they are together. Both are slow in every sense of the word. I think this season Linhart's play really irked me because Kalynuk was forced to play with him. Kalynuk is easily my favorite player on the team.

I do think this team really misses Ess in the defensive zone. He's really good at making the smart play quickly and efficiently.

So I'm thinking next year:

Miller-Emberson
        Kalynuk-Ess
        Inamoto-Krygier

Tischke and Greenway gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Walleye and Old Fashions! Stop! You're making me homesick!
          Culver's had Walleye here in Georgia recently. I just about lost it. I devoured that sandwich in a heartbeat. It was amazing!

We're going to have to get together in the off-season and watch the 2006 championship frozen four while we drink brandy/paint thinner and think of times gone by.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

In keeping with the theme this season and as expected, we have the 33rd different line up
            This constant line up changing is driving me NUTS. How do you get any chemistry when you are playing with different guys every night? How do you gain any confidence when you go from the 2nd line, to a scratch to the 3rd line? If you are always looking over your shoulder how do you get any confidence? I thought Eaves screwed with the lines too much, Granato is on crack. I'm just sick of it. Identify the best players, line them up and ride them. This is just nuts. And to me the proof is in the results, they suck.

I know the women's team doesn't have 54 players on the roster, but MJ runs the same D pairs and forward lines unless there is injury, except the 4th line where he alternates 2 players in and out. Next year MJ will have a bigger roster, it will be interesting to see what he does. It won't me what Granato is doing, I can tell you that.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Granato is on crack. .
              I have been laughing for the last ten minutes about this.

I can't say I disagree with the general idea though. Makes sense to me to question the constant shuffling when the major malfunction on this team has been confidence and consistency. To my mind, the guys that played tonight (plus Ess) were the guys at the beginning of the season that I thought were going to be the ones that had to play. A couple of these guys have sat almost a third of the season and the others mostly haven't played together two nights in a row. I can see it in the first half to some extent, but I do question it when we go to the playoffs with lines that have never been together. This is one of the things that the staff will have to think hard about in the off season.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                This constant line up changing is driving me NUTS. How do you get any chemistry when you are playing with different guys every night? How do you gain any confidence when you go from the 2nd line, to a scratch to the 3rd line? If you are always looking over your shoulder how do you get any confidence? I thought Eaves screwed with the lines too much, Granato is on crack. I'm just sick of it. Identify the best players, line them up and ride them. This is just nuts. And to me the proof is in the results, they suck.

I know the women's team doesn't have 54 players on the roster, but MJ runs the same D pairs and forward lines unless there is injury, except the 4th line where he alternates 2 players in and out. Next year MJ will have a bigger roster, it will be interesting to see what he does. It won't me what Granato is doing, I can tell you that.
                I'm not arguing, but I'm sure you know that's quite normal in the world of hockey (not the crack thing). When lines aren't clicking, the Chinese Fire Drill (is that racist?)starts.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope the season ends tomorrow. Pull the plug. Shut off the engine. The Germans bombed Pearl Harbour, it IS over.

That off season get together sounds like a great idea, but how far is everybody spread out?
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  I'm not arguing, but I'm sure you know that's quite normal in the world of hockey (not the crack thing). When lines aren't clicking, the Chinese Fire Drill (is that racist?)starts.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope the season ends tomorrow. Pull the plug. Shut off the engine. The Germans bombed Pearl Harbour, it IS over.

That off season get together sounds like a great idea, but how far is everybody spread out?
                  Oof.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    I totally get that, but give the guys a chance to develop some chemistry. They are 1-7 on series openers for a reason.

It's like going musky fishing and changing your lure every 5 minutes. What is the water clarity/color? What are the weather conditions? What is the forage and where is it located? Those answers define what you are going to throw. Get a few lures out and toss them all day. Can you tell where my brain has shifted thoughts already.

Has there ever been a season UW as scitzo as this one with an end of the season implosion? This staff seems to be pushing all the wrong buttons at all the wrong times, and they is really disappointing for a staff of this caliber. How in the world are the returning players going to mentally clean the slate from the way this season ended?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

You might have been put on double secret probation with this post

Glad this train wreck is almost over. I feel both the coaching staff and players want this to be over. I don't think this is what Granato envisioned when he took this job. It could be an interesting off-season.

Comment

Observations from the opposition...
                        You guys are a confusing team. For much of the game, I could not figure out how you managed to finish so low in the B1G, as you looked good- sharp passes, good defense (especially filling the passing lanes), some good aggressive play in front of the goalie leading to some nasty screens and a few battle goals.

Then you take a few penalties- let in 3 goals to lose the lead, and mentally, your team was cracked. For a while. Eventually, you got back into it, tied it up, and it took our team to really hustle at the end to win it.y

I honestly don't get what the problem is there. How does that happen? You are not lacking in enough talent to win more than that in the regular season. Anyway, just thought I'd share that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Observations from the opposition...
                          You guys are a confusing team.
                          Lol. That's an understatement. This is a team that destroyed Notre Dame 5-0 at the height of ND's invincibility and yet were never competitive in a 6-3 loss to St. Lawrence, giving the Skating Larry's their only win in their first 17 games.

Had the Badgers stayed out of the box it would have probably been an embarrassing loss for B1G Blue. Last night was a accurate microcosm of the season. Best team in hockey - worst team in hockey - all in one package.

One of the most frustrating seasons ever. At least when we were terrible 3 and 4 years ago, we knew we were terrible.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I totally get that, but give the guys a chance to develop some chemistry. They are 1-7 on series openers for a reason.

It's like going musky fishing and changing your lure every 5 minutes. What is the water clarity/color? What are the weather conditions? What is the forage and where is it located? Those answers define what you are going to throw. Get a few lures out and toss them all day. Can you tell where my brain has shifted thoughts already.

Has there ever been a season UW as scitzo as this one with an end of the season implosion? This staff seems to be pushing all the wrong buttons at all the wrong times, and they is really disappointing for a staff of this caliber. How in the world are the returning players going to mentally clean the slate from the way this season ended?
                            Interesting contrast when you consider on D Oz was reluctant to make any changes what so ever. Greenway only played in 8 games before Ess went down. I note that Inamoto went from stuggling in the first half, to really impressing down the stretch.

Long as we're at it -- On personnel, with Hayton being a bust, I can't help but mention that Adam Rockwood leads the nation in assists and is top 10 in points. (Also NMU is 16 in PWR and has a reasonable chance to play their way in.) I don't know but I'm guessing his scholarship was drastically reduced or pulled when the new brain trust came in. That's a couple of decisions that might not have worked out so well in retrospect.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Interesting contrast when you consider on D Oz was reluctant to make any changes what so ever. Greenway only played in 8 games before Ess went down. I note that Inamoto went from stuggling in the first half, to really impressing down the stretch.

Long as we're at it -- On personnel, with Hayton being a bust, I can't help but mention that Adam Rockwood leads the nation in assists and is top 10 in points. (Also NMU is 16 in PWR and has a reasonable chance to play their way in.) I don't know but I'm guessing his scholarship was drastically reduced or pulled when the new brain trust came in. That's a couple of decisions that might not have worked out so well in retrospect.
                              I would love to know the Rockwood backstory, another Granato mistake? I don't blame him for the Hayton thing, whoda thought it would turn out like this? Maybe the pressure as the anointed savoir was just too much to deal with?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                Oof.
                                It's an animal house reference!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X