X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    This year they’ve been sitting back ala Eaves’ style teams, courtesy of D Granato -> M Strobel I’m sure. Which is also why the offensive GF/G has dropped and defensive GA/G as well.
    I agree with everything you said but this. They are not sitting back. They are still stretching the ice. Unfortunately DG>>>MS.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Somehow we are still 19th in pairwise.

While I don't agree with digitalbooya about the coaching overall, I do agree Mark Strobel was probably not the correct hire, which is on Tony.

Maybe we overachieved last year, but I expected improvement this year, and am not seeing it.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
        12 total wins the prior 2 season and pretty poor recruiting under the Eaves regime in the end are the hand that was dealt. 20 wins in year one was a little bit of fools gold compliments of Kunin and Besse being pretty good college players and a little smoke and mirrors. The reality of our current roster is we have 3 freshman on D playing every night which is not a recipe for success unless you have really strong upper class D....which we don't) and have not been particularly good in net (which I don't know why Hayton has not translated well to Madison).

All true.

Peeps need to relax and give it some time (seasons).

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Somehow we are still 19th in pairwise.

While I don't agree with digitalbooya about the coaching overall, I do agree Mark Strobel was probably not the correct hire, which is on Tony.

Maybe we overachieved last year, but I expected improvement this year, and am not seeing it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I agree with everything you said but this. They are not sitting back. They are still stretching the ice. Unfortunately DG>>>MS.
          I’m not suggesting we should fire Tony or Oz. I do think Strobel should be re-evaluated and potentially let go. However, with all that being said this coaching staff was regarded as an “NHL caliber” coaching staff. Being 10-10-3 with regards to the roster we have is a disappointment and needs to be corrected ASAP.

Gotta sweep MSU/Michigan and at least split with PSU/Notre Dame/Minnesota. Tall order.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            I’m not suggesting we should fire Tony or Oz. I do think Strobel should be re-evaluated and potentially let go. However, with all that being said this coaching staff was regarded as an “NHL caliber” coaching staff. Being 10-10-3 with regards to the roster we have is a disappointment and needs to be corrected ASAP.

Gotta sweep MSU/Michigan and at least split with PSU/Notre Dame/Minnesota. Tall order.
            You did say "need a better coach"...

This team doesn't have the talent (yet) to do hat you're suggesting.
            Goalies are subpar, defense is subpar in terms of upperclass and very raw with the young guns, and forwards; there are about 3 high end guys, 3-4 solid to very good players and the rest are meh.

Two years away from championship caliber and one year away from NCAA qualifier imo.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Goalies are subpar, defense is subpar in terms of upperclass and very raw with the young guns, and forwards; there are about 3 high end guys, 3-4 solid to very good players and the rest are meh.

Two years away from championship caliber and one year away from NCAA qualifier imo.
              I put right in my post you quoted which coach I think should be let go.

I think the talent and ability is there. It’s up to the coaches to make it work. Judging from Saturday’s lineup Tony is trying to spread out the top players across the lines. The issue with that is then you have a player playing with guys who don’t have matching skill level. Ustaski with Frederic/Wagner. Ford with Hughes/S Dhooghe. Hurley with Malone/Johnson. J Dhooghe with Weissbach/Baker. All we truly need is a legitimate top 6 and a bottom 6 that doesn’t get scored on.

I also don’t think Tony helped by dressing 7 D on Friday. Talk about having to rotate lines/pairings. How are they supposed to gain chemistry?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

This team has plenty of talent, what it lacks currently is confidence. The players don’t trust each other to their part and as a result everyone is trying just a little to hard. They are not playing like a single cohesive unit but as individual parts. Until they gel, they are going to struggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  This team has plenty of talent, what it lacks currently is confidence. The players don’t trust each other to their part and as a result everyone is trying just a little to hard. They are not playing like a single cohesive unit but as individual parts. Until they gel, they are going to struggle.
                  Let’s hope playing MSU gives them some confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    Let’s hope playing MSU gives them some confidence.
                    I know my confidence in the team has been puree'd. Our annual men's game to attend this year is Saturday's MSU game. I would really enjoy a win. Usually MSU is trap-o-rama, but maybe the new coach is running a more enjoyable system to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I know my confidence in the team has been puree'd. Our annual men's game to attend this year is Saturday's MSU game. I would really enjoy a win. Usually MSU is trap-o-rama, but maybe the new coach is running a more enjoyable system to watch.
                      This weekend would be a great time for a confidence building sweep, with Neutered Dame and Ped State on the tough schedule yet this month.
                      I think the attendance will suck again this weekend.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        This weekend would be a great time for a confidence building sweep, with Neutered Dame and Ped State on the tough schedule yet this month.
                        I think the attendance will suck again this weekend.
                        Yeah, no students, right? I ALWAYS seem to pick these games to go to, what an idiot I am, studentless games can be a bit fan based dull atmospherically. That's what I get for waiting for the Black Friday sale. Hopefully they have a semblance of a band there or it's really going to suck unless UW pumps in 8 goals.

From what I recall during the ticket purchasing process is that there were no 200 level seats with 4 in a row that I could buy, so I went first row 3rd level on a blue line. I think from a sold seat standpoint the games this weekend will be over 10,000.

I'm thinking Hayton gets the nod Friday.

Comment

Doogie! Doogie!

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...he-Does-It.php
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Oscar Skiöld is going on the roster.

Edit:

No idea how much eligibility he has at this point. I'll wait until we find that out to see where he will slot in on the recruiting spreadsheet.
                            Last edited by gwhinwi; 01-11-2018, 02:17 PM.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

No idea how much eligibility he has at this point. I'll wait until we find that out to see where he will slot in on the recruiting spreadsheet.
                              Wow. Just what we need, another F. It will be fascinating to see if he plays or not.

Hayton in goal Friday. I sure hope he is lights out.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Edit:

I have no idea what the H is going on anymore with the staff and recruiting.

Land Max and forget about stop-gap measures to try and improve to make a run this year. They're out of it at this point (no way they'll get to 20 wins, 18 wiould be a stretch) so work on the frosh and goaltending and get ready for year three and recruiting class two. That's where a big improvement will happen.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X