This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Front page of the Wisconsin State Urinal; center of the page across the top banner.....

"HE'S GONE FROM SAVIOR TO SIEVE"
    "UW goalie Kyle Hayton seeks rise in second half"

I'm not a touchy, feely, PC guy, but really? Calling your own goalie a sieve? Of course Milewski wrote the accompanying article, but I'm pretty sure he didn't write the headline. Whoever the hoser is, he should have to sit in the nets in goalie gear and take some 100MPH clappers from the big boys.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Totally agree, MCR.

Horrible headline there. It is an incredibly challenging position to play and it isn't all on him to be the savior of your team.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Front page of the Wisconsin State Urinal; center of the page across the top banner.....

"HE'S GONE FROM SAVIOR TO SIEVE"
        "UW goalie Kyle Hayton seeks rise in second half"

I'm not a touchy, feely, PC guy, but really? Calling your own goalie a sieve? Of course Milewski wrote the accompanying article, but I'm pretty sure he didn't write the headline. Whoever the hoser is, he should have to sit in the nets in goalie gear and take some 100MPH clappers from the big boys.
        Brutal...I'm stunned they would write that
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Totally agree, MCR.

Horrible headline there. It is an incredibly challenging position to play and it isn't all on him to be the savior of your team.
          Agree that it's a brutal headline, but as for the bold part, I do recall a SLU fan in this very thread this summer who went on and on and on, virtually promising Hayton could walk on water. I was totally psyched!

It turns out though that the water had to be frozen first.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Sounds like Tony liked what he saw Saturday night and is sticking with a similar line up this week.

Expecting it to be:

Ustaski Frederic Wagner

Malone Hughes Johnson

Weissbach Baker S.Dhooghe

Zimmer Ford J.Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Linhart Kalynuk

Greenway Inamoto

Hayton

Zimmer's back in after an injury last week so the streak of different line-ups remains intact.

We need a win boys. Let's Go Red!!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Interesting Davison got bumped by JD.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Interesting Davison got bumped by JD.
                JD was in for Timmy last Saturday too. I think his physicality plus the chance that he could possibly do something spectacular (good or bad) has given him the ice time.

DROP THE PUCK!!!
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Holy Smokes... Linus is in his 2nd semester and could only name 7 Badgers that played in the NHL? What are they teaching kids in that school these days!??

JD made some really nice defensive plays in that period. Boys need to put the pedal down and generate some quality scoring chances coming up.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Offense is trash. I think it's getting worse as time goes on.

Comment

Ugh. Is there any more that needs to be said?

Comment

• Just lost to a team that is 1-8-1 in their last 10 games. Also couldn't score a goal against one of the worst defenses in the country in terms of GA/G.

Whoever is running the offense needs to get got. Seriously.

Comment

This is getting ****ing frustrating as a fan. As much as UW improved last year and were expecting even more this year, IMO they are on the level of 2 years ago. They have no zip. Is the talent overrated? Is it Don G's loss that's showing?

I'm at a loss. Thankfully I'm heading to St.Paul tomorrow to watch some real hockey.

Digital, get got?
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

My wife and I were just talking about how important Don must have been to the program for them to have dropped off this quickly. Sure, they did lose some significant scoring, but this is just bad hockey being played right now.

Comment

Oof.

Comment

I forgot it's Friday. The boys haven't played a Friday game in two months.

There's plenty of talent. I believe there's only 3 teams in the NCAA with more draft picks. BU, MN, and MI. (Interestingly, they're all around .500 teams, too.) It's not systems or strategy, it's just when they're bad, they simply don't play hard or together when the puck drops. Don't move their feet, don't win battles, look to make easy plays. There are no easy plays. Seamus said post game that they keep getting mad after games like this, and they instead need to be mad before the game. I think that's about all there is to it.

Hayton was really good again tonight. Hopefully he can keep it going.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X