This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

And don't even tell me you're rooting for the Canadian men coz... Rene.

Comment

Oh yeah and the men play this weekend?

Meh.

Comment

Ohio State women's associate head coach Peter Elander is one of our Team USA coaches and was locally interviewed today. He said the one ref in the gold medal game was a former player of his and I'm dying to ask him what she said about the non-call when our girl was bulldozed over in front of Canada's net when we should have had a 5 minute PP.

Comment

I''m a bit depressed re: hockey.

I have 0 interest in the badgers men's season at this point and am looking forward to next year and the year after.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            IIRC, Phillip was on the WJC team during his one season with our good friends to the west. I rooted for him to do well.

And that was probably the peak era of my Badger homerism and Gopher hate and I believe that he may be my most all-time hated rodent.

As for the other day, Knight had a goal and contributed in other areas.

Decker had a great two way game.

Badgers contributed a-plenty.

I was more than thrilled to see Amanda get her shootout goal and having the Lami sisters both score key goals was awesome.

Part of me is excited to see people that I watched play in person do well on such a big stage, but even that doesn't really matter as long as Team USA does well.

I'd have been happy had Knight scored, but I'd have been just as happy if Phillipa had jumped out there after gender reassignment surgery and potted the winner over Canada...

^ Not my work. Taken from hfboards.
            O....M....G. Are you ****ing kidding me? That is wrong on so many levels.

But I can't stop laughing! That is one excellent Photoshop job......or IS it ?
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-23-2018, 04:32 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I''m a bit depressed re: hockey.

I have 0 interest in the badgers men's season at this point and am looking forward to next year and the year after.
              I'm not feeling it either. That Minnesota debacle did it for me. I ALWAYS set the DVR for road games if I'm not able to watch, but I haven't even thought about it the past 2 weeks. If I'm around, I'll watch.

I hope the freshmen and sophomores feel like they're fighting for positions for next year and finish strong. Junior-wise, meh, I think the only ones that may have an impact are Malone & Tischke. Any thoughts on this?

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                I'm not feeling it either. That Minnesota debacle did it for me. I ALWAYS set the DVR for road games if I'm not able to watch, but I haven't even thought about it the past 2 weeks. If I'm around, I'll watch.

I hope the freshmen and sophomores feel like they're fighting for positions for next year and finish strong. Junior-wise, meh, I think the only ones that may have an impact are Malone & Tischke. Any thoughts on this?
                My feeling is that Tischke is #1 on the early departure list. IMO Frederic should stay simply because he isn't going to play in the NHL next year, but pretty likely he'll be gone, too. Malone, Johnson, Freytag (and probably even Zirbel) will have to step up and play big roles next year if we're going to have success. A handful of 18 year old draft picks aren't enough to get to the FF if those guys don't make big contributions.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Your Starting Line up for the last regular season series:

Hughes Frederic Wagner

Zimmer Malone Weissbach

Freytag Baker Johnson

Ford Ustaski S. Dhooghe

Tiscke Kalynuk

Linhart Davison

Inamoto Greenway

Hayton

First time since early in the season that Johnson - Malone aren't together. Johnson has been moved up to the left side on the 1st PP to get his right handed shot in play. Kinda surprised it's game 34 before he got a go there.

Be a good time to get some hot goal tending going. Also I think we play much better on small ice as our D are on less of an island. So I much prefer going to Michigan over the goofs in the first round next week. Need the points to make that happen. Let's go Red!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Also, I'd make Malone the Captain next year regardless of who comes back. He's been hurt all year and has shown enormous heart just staying in the lineup, not to mention the big plays he's made in close games. My kind of kid.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Same here, the Minnesota meltdown killed it for me.

Funny you should ask about tischke, Malone and next year's seniors...I was just 👀 me at the recruiting spreadsheet...imo, we could see 3 Sophs and 3 frosh starting on D each night and bye bye #6 and bunz etc all.

On O I keep hoping for Malone and Johnson to take bigger steps than we've seen.

At this point maybe they've plateaued???
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Romeo the only guy keeping it close in that period.

Badgers are just so schizophrenic this year. Half dozen more Friday night starts like that and they'd easily be in the top ten.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Wait a minute.....it's 2-1 Badgers.......I go to the men's room, sit back down at my home desk and Posick says...."3-2 Buckeyes..." . I now it started as a 5 on 3 but c'mon.

and now 4 -2. ****. Out.

Comment

What a meltdown in the third. I didn't see it. Just heard the last couple minutes when we took some goonish penalties. Sounds like Baker and Tischke may be sitting tomorrow due to the severity of the hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I thought the first 2 periods Wisconsin was the better team skating with speed and always on the attack but I think they set too fast a pace and faltered in the 3rd.
                              Things got REALLY ugly & chippy in the last 10 minutes with multiple fights. Tischke got tossed on a game misconduct and won't be able to play tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Wait a minute.....it's 2-1 Badgers.......I go to the men's room, sit back down at my home desk and Posick says...."3-2 Buckeyes..." . I now it started as a 5 on 3 but c'mon.

and now 4 -2. ****. Out.
                                Good call.

When Wags took that useless slash shorthanded in the last minute of the second, the air went right out of the Badgers and it was pretty much over. Until then it was all good guys.

Goals are 13-3 in last 6 periods. Yeesh.

I thought Inamoto played and has been playing really really well, which is encouraging. I thought Tischke has played the last few like he already has that pro contract in his back pocket.

Going to Michigan is looking like a much better possibility.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X